Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Too bad Glenn and dumb-dumb didn't notice that open window in the first place.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Ok, so Glenn lives. I'm glad, because I like him.
      But...
      His "death" now seems as a bit of a cheat. So we see him crawling from under the dumpster. He just needs to take a few paces, and there we have a fire escape (ready and waiting), an open window, and even Enid's hiding place. Had they pushed those back thirty yards, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. Those would have been "too far off" when the herd ambushed them in the alley. But now it feels like escape was just three feet away. It hurts the suspense created before.
      And maybe I'm wrong, but it now seems they had to run passed the fire escape to get to the end of the alley?
      Ah, well, Glenn lives, for now.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

This is still one damn entertaining television program and always holds my interest.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I still love WD, don't get me wrong. I just thought Glenn's "death" was so gut-wrenching, it now feels like they cheated us a bit.
          But hey, I'm glad he made it. I'm always rooting for the "little guy", and I never really connected with Rick.

The tower collapsing was something else. I think we have some major Walker action coming.

As for Deanna: I think she made those plans but doesn't expect herself to be there anymore for the actual construction.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            Ok, so Glenn lives. I'm glad, because I like him.
            But...
            His "death" now seems as a bit of a cheat. So we see him crawling from under the dumpster. He just needs to take a few paces, and there we have a fire escape (ready and waiting), an open window, and even Enid's hiding place. Had they pushed those back thirty yards, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. Those would have been "too far off" when the herd ambushed them in the alley. But now it feels like escape was just three feet away. It hurts the suspense created before.
            And maybe I'm wrong, but it now seems they had to run passed the fire escape to get to the end of the alley?
            Ah, well, Glenn lives, for now.
            They must have shown the fire escape because I noticed it when they first ran into the alley. When they hit the dead end, my first thought was they were going double back and hit the fire escape, but when they turned around to go back, the camera turned with them and the zombies were already blocking the stairs 5 deep.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I really was scared for Glenn, but relieved enough that I'll forgive the cliffhanger "Cheat". It is a bit like Kathy Bates in Misery talking about how upset she was at the cliffhanger "cheat", I totally get it.

The reason why I thought Glenn as a goner, was just as they stated that Tyreese's character arc had been completed, with the arrival of the transformed Morgan... Rick now has a new moral compass (which I think Glenn has served since Herschel was taken out).

I'm delighted that they are perhaps giving him a compelling new role as this teenager's guardian, which helps extend his time on the show with a new character arc. Although his speech to her about honouring the dead by going on living could also be ominously foreshadowing. In the comic book, it was Carol who died, and Sophia survived and was adopted by Glenn and Maggie.

Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 24, '15, 1:18 PM.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                They must have shown the fire escape because I noticed it when they first ran into the alley. When they hit the dead end, my first thought was they were going double back and hit the fire escape, but when they turned around to go back, the camera turned with them and the zombies were already blocking the stairs 5 deep.
                I didn't notice that. In the latest episode, it felt like the stairs were just a couple of steps away.
                Ok, then it makes sense that the stairs were out of reach.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

I thought in the episode that they ran down the back lane and got stuck on the dumpster the fire escape was blocked or obstructed by junk?
                  So it was out of the question at that time.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

The whole episode was "Glenn is alive" --- now let's stretch it out for an hour.

BTW, during the episode it said on the bottom to call your cable company because some are cancelling AMC --- what's that all about ?

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Anybody following the comics knows what's next.....In a round about way,they do deviate a little.
                        Next half of this season should be crazy!!!!
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Don't tell me!!!!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished the mid-season finale. I'll wait until later to post thoughts since some folks haven't seen it yet...
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

InvinciblesMinimates1.jpg

For those who really notice the easter eggs, did you notice the SDCC 2013 Minimates Invincible, Omni-Man, Atom Eve, and Allen the Alien.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

How did he get toys from 2013 if the zombie apocalypse started in 2010?
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎