Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

They're finally showing season 5 here, and I did a marathon of eps 1-11 in three days.
    Whew!
    Too much to discuss in one go, but one thing that really bothers me: Our group finds another group. Those turn out to be maniacs. They fight and hit the road again.
    Getting pretty boring. Is everyone evil out there? Is that the message?
    I'm really starting to appreciate Rick's paranoia. Better kill them all on sight, 'cause it'll be going wrong before you know it.

I'm also looking for a glimmer of hope. I liked Beth (especially when she teamed up with Darryll and talked about the past). Did they really need to kill her?
    And I kind of knew that Tyreese would die (to put it bluntly, there were many black characters, and they're not going to kill off Michonne). Same with Beth ("who can we kill off that won't be missed").
    I know this isn't a comedy, but does it all have to be grim all the time? I mean, Bob was killed off for basically being an optimist. Saw that coming from the moment he said his first lines in that episode.

I think this show will end with an obese Carl, sitting on a pile of human bones, picking his teeth with Darryll's rib: "I love you guys, especially with hot sauce..."
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

The character stuff works half the time for me. The story stuff, needs propulsion. I found it really stagnating when they did the Tyrese death episode. Ugh...

I get more into it when the plot thickens. However, it's getting a bit predictable with the adherence to the pattern they've established:

-Start the season with them on the road and miserable
      -Middle of the season find a refuge or community
      -End of season it goes bad and they're back on the road

Wash, rinse, repeat

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

There's a lot of things wrong with the series.

First off anybody with half a brain would be constantly monitoring a radio incase the US Gov established a safe zone - which would seem likely considering how many people are still alive.

Yes there's solar radios out there or listen to the ones in the cars they drive.

Or even get a generator.

Hell, find a transoceanic radio to see what's happening in other countries.

Don't tell me there's no Radio Shacks in Georgia

This crowd almost acts like they wanna rough it and play survival games for the fun of it.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 12, 2014

That day when the fire truck crew encountered the wall of zombies, didnt Glenn catch some fish when Tara found the yo-yo?

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
            That day when the fire truck crew encountered the wall of zombies, didnt Glenn catch some fish when Tara found the yo-yo?
            And wasn't that a cattle ranch down the road where the sounds of a horde and the severe stench was coming from?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

So now they're in this new "safe haven", and it already starts to feel wrong. What a surprise.
              Stick to your own people guys, and get a place of your own!
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                So now they're in this new "safe haven", and it already starts to feel wrong. What a surprise.
                Stick to your own people guys, and get a place of your own!
                I think Rick's thinking he's going to take this nice haven from these people.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by drquest
                  I think Rick's thinking he's going to take this nice haven from these people.
                  It would be interesting to let Rick go "Dark Side", and take it by force.
                  I can understand that he can no longer tolerate being told what to do, after surviving this long in the wild. It's obvious that Carol is also ready to take up arms in a second, she's just playing housewife for now. Darryl can't even hide his mistrust.

And I'm sure the place will have some dark secret, I'm guessing they are Justin Bieber worshippers. "Bow to the Bieber, non-beliebers!"

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain

And I'm sure the place will have some dark secret, I'm guessing they are Justin Bieber worshippers. "Bow to the Bieber, non-beliebers!"
                    I'd rather be eaten by the Termites! Good Lord! "Choke!"

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

If I was that kid Carol threatened i'd still tell my ma

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

I have never read the comic but the show is one of my favorites.
                        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                          If I was that kid Carol threatened i'd still tell my ma
                          How else is he gonna explain his soiled britches? LOL!!!
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

I can tell you this much....

::SPOILER::

A horse on TWD has about as much life expectancy as a crew member wearing a red shirt on STAR TREK!
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

It would have been a laugh-riot if they had the horse on Talking Dead because he was the victim of the week

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                                It would have been a laugh-riot if they had the horse on Talking Dead because he was the victim of the week
                                Agreed! But I did enjoy looking at Alexandra Breckinridge! Tasty!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎