Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

In the real world, zombies would not stand a chance.

The show vastly underestimates the true might of modern weaponry...clearly the writers have no idea.

Slow moving, decaying, no thought, no strategy, no weapons of their own...zombies would simply be easy targets, period.
    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

They explained the slow decay with the Governor's science dude. He said they're decomposing at much slower rate than a normal dead body. It's a story conceit, but it ties into the idea that they're not traditional zombies, but parasitic hosts. It would explain a number of ideas, such as the guy at the CDC saying everyone is infected and how the bite is contamination that can be "cut off", (pun intended).

The real problem zombies would present is the ecological damage. The amount of non-toxic terrain would be small and in the farther regions. Cities would be like Chernobyl.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by hedrap
        The real problem zombies would present is the ecological damage. The amount of non-toxic terrain would be small and in the farther regions. Cities would be like Chernobyl.
        For certain. I was kind of surprised they don't go on more about the stink. I know you get "noseblind" after a while, but I would expect a lot more retching going on, initially.
        One of the new things I noticed was when Carol and Daryl were breaking into the women shelter was the moaning of the zombies brought more of them out of the alleys, like a dinner bell.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Sad ending, hit me as hard as Sophia in the barn. The Talking Dead show was just as sad.

On a side note, is Gabriel the stupidest person still alive? Glad he got to live some of what he put others through. But I can't believe the group is going to carry both him and Eugene, both need to man up!
          Winter break for all my favorite shows sucks man! I really hate this current trend in broadcasting!

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Sad indeed, knew someone was going to die but thought it was going to be Tyrese . . . . perfect ending for Beth though. She grew and became the tough girl she needed to be to survive, unfortunately her hair color was her undoing, . . . . . don't try to kill someone who's holding a gun with a tiny pair of scissors . . . . RIP Beth

looking forward to the Flash/Arrow crossover this week!
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Not a shocker for me, I had a feeling Beth was a goner, especially after her heavy on screen appearances these last few episodes...it was like a fine swan song performance.
              sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by megojim
                . . . . don't try to kill someone who's holding a gun with a tiny pair of scissors . . . . RIP Beth
                Yeah, I didn't get that. The deal was done.. I know Dawn ticked her off by asking for Noah too, but I really don't think Beth was dumb enough to do what she did, right in the middle of a heated stand-off. And considering she had just saved Dawn's butt in a fight shortly before. So even if this was just Beth sacrificing herself to take Dawn down, it still felt empty.

It was a stupid end to a stupid plot line.
                Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Dec 1, '14, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

The only thing I didn't like was she wasn't given a chance to turn zombie.

I know most actors would like to go out as a zom

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

I knew she was going to die the second they told Maggie she was alive.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

I knew somebody would die when they followed Tyres' plan. (Let's make a fair trade)
                      Should have listened to Rick and followed his plan.(go in cover of darkness slit some throats)
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                        I knew somebody would die when they followed Tyres' plan. (Let's make a fair trade)
                        Should have listened to Rick and followed his plan.(go in cover of darkness slit some throats)
                        Agree 100%

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Do they have to get rid of actors to make room for new characters, new regulars coming in? Morgan may soon join the group and id they feel they had too many actors to pay? The show makes Superbowl revenues and more every week now. They're planning a spin-off. Why do this? Just because they haven't killed a main character in a while? It was a fine goodbye but unnecessary.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

I still like the "anybody can die" premise.

Reminds me of the old Irwin Allen disaster movies.

I think it's a good bet that Rick is probably the only one who's safe no matter what.

Seems like i'm seeing a trend here .....

Season-1 --- good action (in the city)

Season-2 --- boring (down on the farm)

Season-3 --- good action (prison fun)

Season-4 --- boring so far

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

You're a season behind Mikey they are in 5 right now.
                              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

the episode itself was rather slow but man was that ending powerful. I was totally shocked, did not expect that at all. it was so sad. she was a pretty useless character overall but she had finally become strong and interesting. oh well, guess they have to make it realistic by having main characters killed off now and then. I expect either Tyrese or Abraham to go next. make room for Morgan. I think Morgan is the kids uncle. he had mentioned he had an uncle he was going to look for earlier on...now here is Morgan obviously searching for something/someone

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎