X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
    I found out about the Museum through My Friend Scott Metzger...but stayed because it's a GREAT Place, with a really GREAT bunch of People. Though I haven't met any of You in Person...I consider many People here Friends. We're kinda of a Family here...We discuss everything(Megos, Si-Fi, Comics, etc...),and sometimes argue & fight...but then make up, and move past it.

And I'm also of course...a Mego-Holic!And there's no better place to be than than here, to talk Megos(and Custom Megos!).

When I turn on My Computer...this is THE first Place I go!
    amen!
    In fact the MM is my home page because there is no point in having any thing else as my home page because this is always the first place that I come, whether it's 3 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon.
    this place rock's.
    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Came here via the customs forum, then branched out to others and got sucked back in to Mego collecting.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• z3zep
        The Girl Next Door
        • Sep 30, 2006

My sister found my childhood Megos in my mom's attic and I wanted to fix them up... so a google search brought me here. The amount of information and the repair tutorials are so great. I started reading the forums for more tips, after about 6-8 months, I figure I should step out of the shadows and join in.

The reason I come back and read everyday? The community!

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I came here to find info about this weird Batman doll I got for my birthday. Why I'm still here? God only knows
          Seriously tho, talking to you guys is like a daily ritual. I've come to consider many here close personal friends, even tho I haven't met most of them. Being a Batman fan is what brought me here, but it's the cool and generous members that keep me here
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

I collect alot of toys: Mego, GI Joe (12in and RAH), Big Jim, 6 Million Dollar Man, Stikfas and all things Superman...

So to further my collecting purposes, I searched the internet. During one of my searches I found the museum and bookmarked it as a mego resource.

I would come and go, looking stuff up when I needed to. After a while I started lurking in the forums for more info, or advise on ebay listings that may be iffy... then I got tricked into joining by being offered a set of Star Trek cards if I did. Figuring my husband would love them, I did. Oddly enough, that's how I got suckered into signing up for a bunch of credit cards back in my college years. Free tshirts and cookies are never free when offered by Capital One!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

i joined for the community. i always loved mmegos and have a brother who is a mego collector. i joined after meeting paul(hulk) and bill (meotou). they cant get rid of me now. the people i have met on here and frineds i have made is why im a lifer here. there is no better place then this forum.

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by type1kirk
                You came from rebelscum ?

I think I was banned from there years ago for starting a Star Trek vs Star Wars thead

m

lol not sure if it's the one you started, but I remember some of those SW vs. ST topics got pretty heated

there's a few of us from rebelscum who got tired of the iron fist rules and now hang out at toytraderz.com, we'd love to have you join in over there,
                and anyone else who would like to join It can't beat the Museum for membership size and friendliness, but still a nice place.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
                  I too am an original member of the levy list and like Tim just followed everyone else. But I can't remember how I met Robert and got on the original mailing list in the first place....
                  that's a great question!! i too was a member on robert's list but i cant for the life of me remember how i joined! i was on there for a while and when he didnt want to carry on the list, i assumed that it was over. i continued to collect but my priorities kinda shifted to getting married and starting a family. i ended up selling the majority of my megos and bought collector cars with the money back in 2002. then just august 2007, i came to the museum to sell some of my leftover mego parts and got hooked on megos again!!! i especially like the great atmosphere here and the helpful members in the forum!

darren

Comment

• bobbait
                    What, me worry?
                    • Jun 9, 2005

i was at the MC (I looked at the MM from time to time but it looked big and scary) when my friend got banned for not liking Billy Joel and I followed him here. I'm not really a forum kind of guy but found this place to be my home.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      Pat Troughton in disguise
                      • Nov 21, 2007

I'm hiding from the Spanish inquisition...
                      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 10, 2006

I came here 1 year ago today, my girl friend bought me a custom 8 inch mego Flash, at that time i only had the Star Trek mego figures from my childhood and know nothing about custom figures and i didn't remember a Flash figure being made , so i did a search and ended up here why am i still here? because i always learn something new and i'm addicted to Megos

Comment

• joshvox
                          Clown Prince of Crime
                          • Mar 21, 2006

I love megos, and that is why I came here. But I stay because there is just no better group of people on the net. That is what made me come back here after taking a break for a few years, and hopefully I'll be smart and never leave this forum or mego collecting again. It was so great when I came back to see that a bunch of regulars were still around from when I was here before, and also to see the new members that just fit right in. We mego collectors are a great group

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

My brother told me about it when I got my computer. It's still the only forum I belong to. This site and ebay got me back into Megos. I stay here because I love this place and I'm still into collecting Megos.

Comment

• ramsey37
                              • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                              So then, why did you join and why do you keep coming back?
                              I got my first computer almost ten years ago. I had been buying Toyfare magazine around that time and loved their "Twisted Mego Theater" strip, so I started looking for information on Mego figures almost at once. I had owned a few Megos as a child, and had bought several of the Star Trek Mego figures as an adult, so I was already familiar with the name. I found the original Museum site, and the links from there led me to Jason DeWitt's old site, the Levy list, and the old IRC channel. I was on the Levy list the last few months it existed, though I don't remember posting a great deal in those days. I remember chatting with ABMAC once or twice in the IRC Mego room. When the Levy list ended, I was on both Joe and Dean Verge's Yahoo Groups, and I also frequented the RTM Mego boards. It was there that my trademarked "Crappy Flea List" and "Crappy Sale List" were born. Like many newbies, I was offering to trade tired junk for the good stuff, and a poster there flamed me for it, wanting to know why newbies were always trying to trade "crap" like I was offering at the time. I just took the name and ran with it When it was announced that RTM was pulling the plug on their Mego boards, Joe set up the first Mego Museum forum, and I was one of the original group of members who joined that first week. To date, I've been a member of just about every Mego forum that's existed in the last ten years, with one Majorly Crummy exception.
                              George

Comment

• DocDrako
                                Formerly Doc Drako
                                • Nov 11, 2004

I bought some Megos on eBay and started searching Google for info on Mego. I found the Museum, and lurked for about a year before joining. The information on Megos is unmatched here. The galleries are awesome. The customs, the new discoveries...all top notch. And the people. It's the sense of community and a shared passion that I love here. That's why I'm here. It's home.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎