X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

From CBR:

The cast and crew also discussed what's to come in season two of the show, now that it's been confirmed that "Supergirl" will return to CBS for a second year. Executive producer Ali Adler gave a hint about what's to come, saying that there really is no idea to out-there for "Supergirl" to tackle.

"Comet the Superhorse, Streaky the Supercat -- we love them all," said Adler during PaleyFest. "I think that we just hope to continue with this tremendous cast and make episodes for many years to come. We'll exploit every little thing, I promise. We'll get in there and turn it on its head and try to make something. I mean, we've talked about Streaky. So yeah, definitely we'll embrace all the canon."
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Bad Supergirl was awesome! But once again the type of event that should command thevappearance & help of Superman.
      The Martian Manhunter was always pretty close to Superman level strengthwise in the comics. Not as fast though. His part in the DEO seems questionable, as does Alex's, since she covered for him. Expect directorship to go to General Lane. Or maybe some new character. I hope so, Lane is pretty one dimensional. Sarge Steel or King Faraday would be a good call.
      Last edited by johnnystorm; Mar 15, '16, 9:21 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I have been speculating on where the first season is going and it looks like like they are trying to use the Superman: New Krypton story title with the Superman/Batman Last Line story arc. The Kryptonians are either creating a new world to live on are they are going to create a new city where the aliens are in control (Alliance)

Either General Lane with be put in charge of the D.E.O. or Cameron Chase (who work for the DEO in the comics) and create the anti-Kryptonian Last Line.

This is just me going back and watching the episodes and pulling out the ideas from the comics (before the DCnU). I may be wrong but to me this seems to be the likely point.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Please kill off the "James" Olsen character already...I really hate that dude.

Supergirl was obviously under that artificial kryptonite spell...she was not herself, inhibitions and filters were turn off, she insulted people...once back to normal...her sister understood, Hank understood, Cat understood....they forgave her...but nooooooooo...not "James" Friggin' Olsen, still hurt with a stick up his righteous butt...like he's so perfect...every single being on Earth has secrets and negative or dark thoughts, but not Mr "James" Perfect Olsen, argh...can't stand him...I want him DEAD already...

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Well today seems to be a Super day. Warner Bros release photos of Supergirl Worlds Finest and a teaser:

Supergirl/Flash Worlds Finest

And it looks like Hank/Martian Manhunter is not going to get his old job back because it looks like somebody else is in charge of the D.E.O.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Fantastic episode, and man, Benoist has been doing just a wonderful job on this show.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Well there is a race!
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep

Well there is a race!
                  Cool! The only problem I could see is that it seems like it would be awfully hard for Supergirl NOT to go airborne. Even so, I'm not sure if she could fly fast enough to keep up with Barry considering that, if he runs fast enough, he can shatter the time barrier....
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Sure, Flash should win...but then let's move on to a bench press competition...see what happens...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Anyway, I suspect that's the very end of the episode...they are going to go off and running...then the screen goes black...no end result...
                      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                        Sure, Flash should win...but then let's move on to a bench press competition...see what happens...

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

J'onn J'onzz reveals the details of meeting Kara and Alex's father, Dr. Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain), and assuming Hank Henshaw's identity. Also, Kara debates trusting someone new with her secret identity and Siobhan (Italia Ricci) plots against Kara.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Ok, I'm confused. Lucy Lane is both a civilian reporter and active military officer?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

She was a civilian lawyer working for a news outlet, but yeah, she quit the army several episodes back. Of course Daddy could get her re-upped really fast I imagine.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

And now Lucy is head of the DEO!

I have to give this show credit. It seemed like they were going to go with a pretty strict formula of Kara dividing her time between working for Catco, and working with the DEO as Supergirl to round up an alien of the week. They have really turned that on its ear by this point.

I hope Jim Harper returns, a little bit nicer, with a gold helmet and shield!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎