Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Maybe...that...or I'm just envious of his eight pack...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I think Cat definitely knows, but she now knows Kara isn't comfortable with her knowing, so she plays into the act. This episode cinched it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• bleit1701
        Career Member
        • Jan 1, 2009

I agree. Even when Martian Manhunter helped Kara And Supergirl appear together to throw Cat off the scent. I figure Cat knew she was being punk'd but didn't know how and went with it any way.
        Better late than never.....

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Kara's delight when Flash brought her an ice cream cone to show his powers ("Yes!") was the cutest part of the episode. Benoist is just so adorable in this role.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I didn't watch last night because I'm becoming a bit bored with the show. I came here to see what I missed last night and was surprise that there are no posts for this week's episode.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The episode felt a bit padded. It had some great moments, but it felt like a one-story episode spread to two for it's epicness, and the fact that it's the finale.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

So now that we have one episode left in the first (last/only?) season, I'm worried about this show. Coming from the same creative team as Arrow and Flash and as much as I want to REALLY like this show, it's lacking for me. While I think the flying effects are usually spot-on, a lot of the other effects (costumes, sets, make-up, etc.) are not up to par with the Arrow and Flash. And, IMHO, the acting overall is just kind of hammy. I don't know. I'm still hanging in there but I hope if it does get a second season, they do some re-working of some stuff. It deserves to be a success.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

They need to kill off 95% of the cast, and it might be able to be salvaged.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

Thought this episode was badly written. Why only National City? Why not the whole country or world? Why would Max save Cat? Why is Superman affrcted-the excuse given was stupid? Who was the friend I don't remember that jumped and why couldn't Supergirl catch all of them? Why is her sister so stupid?
                    Too many holes in this one!

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I'm grown tired of this Supergirl show, it's really dumb, dumb, dumb...and can't stand Cat or Olsen.

You know what I dislike most about this show? How they demean Superman himself...every chance they get, time after time...oh, Kara, you did something than not even your cousin could do...oh Supergirl, you are much faster than Superman, oh Supergirl, you defeated that dude that Superman could never defeat, blah, blah, and blah...

You have a dozen rogue Kryptonians flying around...and they are hiding like little weaklings, unable to do anything but strike in the shadows...and it's always small time stuff.

Benoist makes a great Supergirl...but the show is fast losing my interest.

At this point, I would not shed a tear if it's cancelled.

If it someone does make a comeback in the WB, it better fire its current writing staff...and get some people who actually think things through.
                      sigpic

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

Is tonight the season finale?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by phil
                          Is tonight the season finale?
                          Tonight is indeed the season finale. It may also be the series finale as CBS hasn't "officially" officially renewed it. Sometime back they (CBS) stated that all of their sophomore shows had been renewed but stopped short of listing Supergirl among them. Another recent article that I read just the day before yesterday listed all the shows being renewed and Supergirl was not on that list either.
                          Last edited by lilbrosj66; Apr 18, '16, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

I'll be sure to watch in case this is the final episode ever. I won't be surprised if the show is cancelled but it is disappointing because it had potential to be a much better show. Melissa Benoist is great as both Kara and Supergirl and is the shows greatest strength. If it is the end I hope it's failure doesn't damage her career.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I like the show, but they've really dug themselves a hole with this storyline. National City being the only target for everything on this scale has become a fairly bad joke. There is some clever character dialog and some great acting, but I think they reached a bit too high with the scope of the threats. I hope they get a second season to shake out the bugs. It seemed sure to get one at one time...now not so much.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jan 17, 2011

Without giving anything away about tonight's episode my guess is Krypto

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎