Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Glad you checked out that clip...my favorite by far in the series...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The Tornado's effects made up for a truly strange costume choice. I would have preferred a more "plastic" look than the shingle texture they used. They could take the remnants of him and roof their houses for 30 years. The design was fine, but the material was a real head scratcher.

General Lane was just an ***. I miss Michael Ironside from Smallville...but he was already Daddy Cold on the Flash.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by knight errant00
        I just want to know why you'd cover a high-tech battle android in burlap.
        It kinda gave me a "3D printed" vibe.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Spyweb007
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 18, 2006

I think maybe the texture on Red Tornado was meant to like like carbon fiber or something, but a sleeker design with smooth metallic surfaces would have looked better, and it would make more sense for an android with air/tornado powers to be more aerodynamic and streamlined.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

One of my problems with all the CW Superhero shows is why are they killing off so many characters that should at least be able to come back. This is a comic book tv show so at least put them in a jail so they can escape latter down the road.

As for the Supergirl may or may not be included in the CW/DC Universe, fine do not have Supergirl shRed ow up on Flash just yet but it really would he great to see Red Tornado show up in Central City. Since towards the end of the fight when Red Tornado became sentient and acting on his creater's last thoughts SUpergirl should have just shut him down leaving a plot point to where Red Tornado to escape his prison and show up in Central City to battle the Flash. This would provide the crossover without having to worry about Supergirl crossing over.
            Last edited by monitor_ep; Dec 1, '15, 11:38 AM.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Spyweb007
              I think maybe the texture on Red Tornado was meant to like like carbon fiber or something, but a sleeker design with smooth metallic surfaces would have looked better, and it would make more sense for an android with air/tornado powers to be more aerodynamic and streamlined.
              Likely the reason they didn't go with a smooth, metallic surface would be the inevitable comparisons to Iron Man (which the Atom gets on ARROW all the time). I do think they could have toned the fibrous nature down and rounded off some of the squarer edges of the suit, which would've aided in making it sleeker and more aerodynamic.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                Likely the reason they didn't go with a smooth, metallic surface would be the inevitable comparisons to Iron Man (which the Atom gets on ARROW all the time). I do think they could have toned the fibrous nature down and rounded off some of the squarer edges of the suit, which would've aided in making it sleeker and more aerodynamic.
                My biggest problem was his face and head were smooth, while his body was wrapped in burlap -- personally, I think they should've made his while body natch the head/face look, but if not they could have brought the smoothed out look to elements of his body, and maybe had the burlap in at least some of the appliances on his head to create some kind of continuity in the character's appearance.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

the lord involvement has me interested.
                  does he become bad fast or does it take forever?

any possibility to see booster and beetle would be excellent. the last time i collected a full run of anything was that verso of the justice league.
                  Originally posted by samurainoir
                  I'm hoping Maxwell Lord means that they are going to bring in more Justice League International characters. I think Booster and Beetle would fit in this show perfectly.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

Tonight's reveal was epic!!!! I will not mention it until later tonight.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Tonight's episode was the best to date as the show finally seems to be finding it's tempo. I mean, the hero losing their powers storyline has been done to death, but in this instance, it was pretty well-handled and actually seemed to serve a purpose, mainly teaching Kara that the powers don't define the hero. When the man with the collapsed lung was bleeding out and Kara had no way to save him, I kind of felt like that was her "Pa Kent" moment, realizing that she couldn't save everyone and realizing that even with her powers, some things are beyond her control. Of course we all knew she would get her powers back and I find myself wishing that, instead of it being Jimmy's (sorry, he'll always be Jimmy to me) death plunge that jump-started her batteries, she would've stepped into the elevator shaft herself and taken the plunge. Self-preservation in a mighty strong adrenalin pumper and that way she would've gotten her abilities back without it being over a possible romantic entanglement.

They've managed to tone Cat down so she's a bit less grating and abrasive. Tonight even saw Witt with a bit more personality than he's had in the previous five episodes.

Finally, I'm glad they went ahead and took that step and showed us who Hank Henshaw really is, which paves the way for the REAL Hank Henshaw to pop up later on as a cyborg. Aaaaaand I still don't this Jeremiah Danvers is dead, either. I think he'll turn up when it's least expected.

Looks like Astrid is back next week and, this should make you happy, E2 Chris, it looks like they did away with that silly lock of white hair.

Overall, I give "Human for a Day" eight out of ten capes. If they can maintain tonight's quality, then we'll have another decent DC show on our hands....
                      Last edited by emeraldknight47; Dec 7, '15, 10:47 PM.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

An episode that definetly got better as it went along. At first it felt like a place keeping episode. Melissa Benoist continues to impress. It also had an interesting revelation toward the end.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Yeah, the reveal at the end was pretty cool. But if you've been watching all along you could have guessed it.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

True and I brought it up before but seeing it is just nice.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Now if you go back and rewatch the first half of this season it does make since.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

When Henshaw turned into......

....wow...goosebumps all over my body...kept rewinding and watching...over and over again, what a fantastic geek moment, lol.

Awesome episode, now we are talking.

I might get some hate from fellow nostalgic old timers here...but I think Melissa Benoist is an even better Supergirl than Helen Slater, gulp, there, I said it, ha...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎