X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    She was a civilian lawyer working for a news outlet, but yeah, she quit the army several episodes back. Of course Daddy could get her re-upped really fast I imagine.
    Anyone here with military experience correct me if I'm wrong here, but from what I understand from all my friends who've served, when you get out, you're not actually out -- you go on a long-term reserve status where you can be called back to active service at any time. I'd guess that was more what happened with her.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I think you're right.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

The last episode felt rushed to me...way too many subplots...all compressed in one hour show.

Would've been more effective had the entire episode just concentrated on just the original Hank Henshaw and Jeremiah Danvers storyline...

It was okay...the bad Supergirl episode was more fun....
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Anybody noticed how in Supergirl...humans actually have the Kryptonians in check...and all other aliens for that matter? Supergirl and the unseen Superman, both have been underpowered.

But in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman...Supes is feared by half the world, it's seen as almost a god like being, capable of either ruling or destroying the world.

Heck, I think physically the most powerful Superman ever on screen or TV was in Superman Returns, Brandon Routh's Supes lifting that entire island full of kryptonite...and hurling it to space...wow...that was totally showing some serious strength...
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Oh, I forgot Chris Reeve's circling the Earth...and making it spin the other way...to go back in time...he wins, lol...
            sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

Next Monday (3/28) is the Flash crossover episode.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Doesn't look like there will be a Season 2.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  Doesn't look like there will be a Season 2.
                  Just read an article related to that subject. It seems CBS can be very fickle, giving early indications that it's going to renew a show, then when the actual time rolls around to announce renewals, the network doesn't mention it. If CBS does cancel it, I hope they would be smart enough to farm it out to the CW since they're partial owners anyway. While I found the first few episodes a bit clunky and painful, it has grown to become a pretty decent interpretation of the character and Melissa Benoist is an absolute doll and takes the part wonderfully. And hey, if they move it the the CW, it would just make crossovers with the other CW/DC shows that much easier!
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I was shocked to read this today. I'm sure it will find another venue, especially with Batman v. Superman looking like it might not be the hit WB was expecting...or at least hoping for.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I'm sorry but the Flash episode was great. "The Blur". That was hilarious.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

That was a very fun episode, the Flash and Supergirl were great together.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished tonight's episode of SUPERGIRL. WOW! Now THAT'S how superhero crossovers should be done! Not the deepest of episodes, but usually team-up issues of comics were more showcases for the team-up than about deep or earth shattering events. Loved all the little nods they included; Cat's comment regarding Kara, Barry, James and Winn looking like "the diverse cast of a CW show"; classic. Still a bit disappointed that Supergirl and the CWverse don't exist on the same earth, but, if CBS doesn't renew SUPERGIRL and she could move to the CW, I can see all kinds of potential.

I loved the initial way that Barry and Kara met, although raspberries to the writers/directors for not giving us a little bit of explanation regarding the rig Barry was wearing and for not having Kara's sweater show fire damage. I chuckled when Barry was too much of a gentleman to assist her in putting the fire out, considering it was in a couple of strategic areas on Kara's person.

I enjoyed the first face off with Silver Banshee and Livewire, although Barry should have known better than to fight electricity WITH electricity. I like the fact that Silver's scream was actually able to hurt Kara; I'm guessing she's no more invulnerable to magic or the supernatural than her cousin.

Second fight was better and I liked the fact that the good folks of National City finally came to the realization that Supergirl is there to help. Yeah, the fire department showing up to take out Livewire, and as a result Silver Banshee, was a little hokey and corny, but this show, much like The Flash, is trying to provide a lighter and more optimistic side of the DC Universe. I think the DCEU could actually learn a thing or two from their small screen counterparts. It would've been pretty cool if it had been a two way crossover (Flash on Supergirl, Supergirl on Flash) and The Flash's speed combined with Kara's forward momentum would've sent her through the breach to EarthCW.

Silver Banshee looked a lot better in movement than she did in the stills they released of her. I liked the "origin" they gave her and I'm sure she'll likely be back (provided the show is given another season somewhere). Lucy looks much hotter in DEO gear than she does in her military outfit. Kinda sorry that Barry didn't get a chance to meet either Alex or J'onn.

Overall, for the first time they've ever crossed over two shows from differing networks, I'd say it turned out pretty well.
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Duh! How could I have forgotten to mention the whole end sequence with Cat knowing that Barry was The Flash, yet she's still completely oblivious to the fact that Kara is Supergirl!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Can't believe this hasn't been renewed! Big mistake!!!!! Please someone pick it up!!!!! Love this, love Flash and Gotham.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                                Superman's Pal
                                • Jun 17, 2005

I think it'll be renewed. Love the show. I get more of a charge out of Supergirl than I do DC's movies, frankly. Supergirl is just pure fun and it has an optimism the movies lack.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎