Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'll try a couple more episodes, but I'm not really liking the show.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

This one was an improvement for me. Cat Grant was less annoying and actually seemed human. The mystery they set up was intriguing. But man, the dialog needs some work. Some it has actually been cringe-worthy, ever since episode 2. Whoever does the snappy dialog polish on the Flash needs to take an hour and fix up these Supergirl scripts. The actors are far better than many of the words coming out of their mouths.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Supergirl has definitely been toned down in power...she's pretty slow too. I suppose it has to be that way for a weekly series...you can't have her easily overpowering the villain of the week...otherwise...yawn, lol. Superman must be a weenie in this world as well, I suppose, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

This episode was the first time where I disliked Kara a bit...especially at the end...when her male best friend just opened up his feelings towards her...and then bang...the second her eyes clock Jimmy, oh my, please forgive me lord, I mean James, James Olsen...she coldly leaves her buddy in the dust...and like a sick love puppy...goes and greets Kal El's best friend...and damn that he's with his date...Kara doesn't care...she wants him bad...I felt like throwing kryptonite salt on her, lol...
          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I can't stand the Jimmy Olsen character. And he'll always be a Jimmy, never a James. Sorry, pal, you don't get a choice in this. Only thing that could make me like this guy is if he turned into Giant Turtle Olsen or Elastic Lad .

Jimmy-Olsen-72.jpg

But sadly, the other fella is just so freakin' bland and boring, what choice is there really?

I liked Live Wire a lot. First episode that truly seemed "comic booky" to me. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her. And Cat Grant was somewhat less annoying here, but still a long way to go.
            One thing starting to bug me is that they are copying the Flash formula too much: secret scifi headquarters, tech friend both male/female, journalist friend, mysterious boss with unknown intentions
            , father problem to solve caused by said boss, love triangle, all villains with direct tie to heroes origin...

It's about time another hero showed up isn't it? Obviously Dean Caine isn't completely dead, he's only mostly dead and probably somewhere on the base in stasis, or more likely trapped in the Phantom Zone. And they have to get Helen Slater into that super suit somehow, if only briefly.
            Last edited by johnnystorm; Nov 17, '15, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Last night's episode was the better of the four that have been aired. Dialogue is still wince-worthy and they really need to ditch some of the clichéd triangles that are showing up (Kara loves Jimm--er, uh--James, Winn loves Kara, Kara only sees Winn as a friend). They could tweak the opening monologue as well and make it a bit less hammy. I suppose they figure if it works for ARROW and THE FLASH, it'll work for them.

Finally glad to see they're introducing some form of intrigue into the show via Kara's foster parents and the DEO.

Agreed it seems like they trying to "humanize" Cat with this episode. When Kara mentioned that her parents died in a fire, it seems to have struck a chord somewhere in Cat, so I'm sure there's some backstory there somewhere.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I found the dialog snappier in this week's episode, even though it should have been LAST week's show. The scene at the end was so straight out of Lois and Clark Season 1 that I half-expected Kara to morph into her adoptive dad.

But after a dip with the 2nd and 3rd episodes, the show is really picking up for me. Red Tornado is next week, and hopefully they CGIed up his carpet-remnant look.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I'm so sorry to say, but after watching Jessica Jones (not quite finished yet)...Supergirl is just looking plain insipid to me...I'm now having a hard watch watching it...it's basically a Devil Wears Prada knockoff (as numerous here have mentioned before)..it also borrows heavily on the Flash (also mentioned), just nowhere in its league. The villain of the week is laughable...cardboard cutouts if you ask me.

The special effects are winding down too...not as spectacular as the premier episode.

Wow, I'm such a huge Supes fan, and been a bit of a Batman hater for years...but here I am, hating on Supergirl...and loving every second of Gotham...who would've thunk it, lol.

I won't abandon Supergirl yet...as Benoist is still adorable and charming as heck...but she so parallels Helen Slater...both perfect Supergirls...in rather disappointing productions.

Hopefully next season...they can work out some of the kinks...improve upon its freshman season.
                  sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Took me three sittings to finish this episode. Harder and harder to watch every week.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

I missed last night's episode thanks to my DVR deciding it didn't want to function as planned, so I'll be catching it tonight ON DEMAND.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

This.
                        The media is trying to pit Jessica Jones and Supergirl against each other for the same reason it would be idiotic to compare True Detective to Law & Order and it needs to stop.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Sorry, Mr Barr...but comparisons between the two is valid...as female superheroes are a rarity...especially lead female superheroes. One just happens to be dark and serious...and the other one cotton candy fluff. Nothing wrong on your personal preference...just that in the world of Hector...Jessica Jones wins hands down.

Perhaps if I had kids, especially girls...I'd lean towards Supergirl. But since I'm a single non parent...the Netflix show is more up my alley. I'd never said just one should exist...both deserved their respective audiences...certainly room for both.

Here's an article from a female writer...

Go figure...

She's wrong on the cancellation part, as one is Network and the other one is Streamed (no direct head-to-head competition). I also disagreed on the part that she takes issue with Supergirl wearing a costume (missing the point much?), duh, it's a superhero...I don't think the writer is familiar or into comics at all, lol...
                          Last edited by Hector; Nov 25, '15, 4:24 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Okay, back to Supergirl (since this is her thread)...

Looks like a teen Kal El will make an aapreance,,,

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

And this is when Supergirl jumps the shark.

Supergirl and shark.JPG
                              Unless they are introducing the Legion of Super-Heroes a young Kal-El does not need to show up. If it is a rating boost you need than have SuperMAN actually show up or have this show cross-over with Flash.
                              Last edited by monitor_ep; Nov 25, '15, 11:05 PM.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Bleeding Cool is sharing a rumor that The Flash could make an appearance on Supergirl during May sweeps (as long as ratings are sufficient enough for CBS to order the "back nine" episodes, they have so far only committed to 13). I was just watching the lastest episode of Supergirl the other day and imagined how cool it would be for the Flash to show up out of nowhere, I think it would be a good match.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎