Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Aflleck will NOT drop out, his ego is too big.
    sigpic

Comment

• Wise4671
      Banned
      • Aug 11, 2007

Maybe they rewatched the first one and are going to drop the second LOL

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

what Marvel movie is due out the same day? Dr. Strange or is that about the right time frame for Spidey 3? So, DC has no movie presence for 3 years? Brilliant.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
          Aflleck will NOT drop out, his ego is too big.
          Good! Because I think He'll make a great Bruce Wayne and BATMAN!
          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

To me, it's good that the WB will have an extra 10 months to work out any kinks. It seemed like a rushed production. Maybe this will work to the film's favor. It also gets a better release date in early May, which gives the film the possibility of more time in the theaters during the summer season - if there is demand — than an mid July release would.
            Last edited by madmarva; Jan 18, '14, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• weshightower21
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 16, 2011

The release date has been pushed back to 2016.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

^exactly, from July 2015 to May 2016 - 10 months.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Maybe ten extra months will allow them to lighten the tone and cultivate some charm.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

If it takes 10 more months to develop a good story, I say go for it. Because technically, they can depict anything now. But if the script is weak, none of the images matter IMO.

I can hardly sit through half this stuff anymore because it's either gratuitously nasty or inane.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

The latest rumors is the delay is due to casting,that they need to get it right. This is total BS.

Affleck was the standard, industry "hit the panic button" casting, where he was the biggest name WB was associated with and had just won an Oscar. They were terrified of him taking a sweeter production deal, especially after the Legendary pact melted down and MOS did solid but not explosive business.

The reaction to Affleck wigged WB out, so they went with a total no-name for Wonder Woman - and got killed for such a totally weak choice for the biggest female superhero, ever.

So what's the next move? Let's go talk to the biggest money-maker of 2013. The Rock.

Now, seriously. Just look at that: Affleck, to Gadot, to The Rock. Oscar 2013. Nobody. Biggest Draw of 2013.

As much as I smack Marvel around, you do not see discrepancies this far and wide. Marvel has a pattern. It works. And what's so insane about WB's casting, is the most important choice was Wonder Woman. You don't need a star for Batman. The video games prove the majority don't care about Bruce Wayne's pathos anymore.

And right about now, they would be locking in final budget costs. Which are guaranteed to have exploded with all the additions.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

What bothers me about this production is they act like their financing another Avengers film that has already made over a billion dollars. They may share genre's, but certainly not what Marvel built. And loading a film with a bunch of superheroes does not mean you get the Avengers effect at the box office. Once again, this reads more like an overpriced X-Men film. And the more money they pour into this, the more I think they're trying to stress marketing over substance of story. Big effects, big names, and big expense does not necessarily mean big returns. Lord knows what kind of panic will set in if the Superman sequel does not open as big as they want.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

I'm done with all of this...after Man of Steel I really don't think I have any real interest in what they cobble together. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm j-j-jaded...
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Maybe with the delay, they can pay Gadot off and find a better choice for WW. She doesn't fit the part and there is no way she could carry a film herself if WB ever attempted to spin off a solo film. That's what they need to think abou in casting each of the heroes. They don't have to be stars now, but they do need to be stars in the making, or an actor with enough charisma to interest an audience.

With the move of the opening, I now hope the film does become a JLA film because it is likely the only way we will ever see one. If it does well, maybe it will spawn other films. If it bombs or just does mediocre business like Man of Steel, at least there will be a JLA movie.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

All conspiracy theories aside, this move doesn't surprise me. The shooting schedule was way too aggressive, esp. since both principles (Cavill and Affleck) need to get back into shape. Well Affleck REALLY needs to get into shape. Not sure how much Gadot was going to be in the first movie, if there were two back to back, but she needed time with her trainer as well.

I wish WB would just take their time and make a GOOD movie. I don't care about DC beating Marvel anymore. For decades, Marvel promised us big screen movies and never got one past a video store, while Batman movies raked in the dough. WB missed early opportunities to exploit the DC license past Superman and Batman then. Marvel developed a formula that works, and are on a roll. It's their time now. I know WB is desperately looking for franchises to fill their void, but they may want to look elsewhere for a quick fix, and cultivate a well thought out DC plan.

If this is what they are doing, or if it ends up being a happy accident over them panicking, I'm all for it.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

this is worth a read ,not saying its true but it make a lot of sense http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...for-10-months/

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎