Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I'm just in jackass mode, fellas...please forgive me...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
      If you don't want actors anymore...

Randy Orton as Superman
      C M Punk as Batman
      John Cena as Captain America
      Sin Cara as Spider Man
      Alberto del Rio as the new Cesar Romero Joker...

Cena would be a really good USAgent.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

If you think Bruce Wayne has any significance part in this next movie, you're drunk. That doesn't mean Affleck will alway have the cowl on, it means we're going to see two/three scenes of "Bruce Wayne" - character introduction, then meeting Kent and Luthor the most likely. Otherwise, expect a lot of Maguire Spidey, with Affleck in the Batsuit sans mask.

Like I said, I don't know the guy's acting. He could very well be another Ray Park. But once you play Origins, you see how irrelevant the "pathos" of Bruce Wayne has become to Batman. The motivation makes so little sense, it's better to relegate it to sub-plot.
        Last edited by hedrap; Jan 6, '14, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

If anyone thinks The Rock, the highest paid guy in the game, is signing on for Killer Croc or Bane, they're on high drugs.

Darkseid, maybe. Depending on if the whole Vin/Thanos thing is still a ruse.

GL and Luthor still make the most sense.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
            I'm the Star Spangled Man
            • May 21, 2011

Scott Adkins discusses his audition for The Dark Knight in Batman vs. Superman:

"They asked me to audition, yeah. And... so I did. But that's as far as it went. I know there was a big campaign on the internet which was great for the free publicity but I think that's because obviously Batman's a martial artist, that's his superpower, isn't it? People are disappointed that he has not been shown off as the martial artist that he should be. I guess I look like Bruce Wayne... I wasn't crossing my fingers, I wasn't holding my breath, it was great to have the opportunity to audition and let some of those people up in the higher positions know who I am and look at me. But I never expected it to happen. But that whole thing on the internet was just... I am flattered! But Ben Affleck I think is gonna do an amazing job, I've always been a huge fan of his and maybe when I've won an Oscar, I'll get the kind of luck that he's got! But it's not luck is it? He deserves it."
            Prior to the announcement that Ben Affleck had secured the role of Batman in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel, an online fan campaign was lobbying for British actor and martial artist Scott Adkins (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Expendables 2) to don the cape and cowl as The Dark Knight in Batman vs. Superman. This […]
            sigpic
            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I do have one fear on the production end of this. With all of this speculation about Batman getting a new set of threads, I hope Batman's costume doesn't look like it came from the same tailor as Superman's with the textured surface. Hopefully Batman's will still carry some kind of functionality to it that keeps it uniquely his.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Rumor has it that TWO movies are in pre-production, and will shoot back-to-back: Superman vs. Batman, and Justice League.

The ghosts of the Salkinds still haunts the hallowed halls of DC on film...

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                  I'm the Star Spangled Man
                  • May 21, 2011

If it really is shooting back-to-back, then that might explain why so many characters are being cast. If they're also for the JL film, then BvsS might not be so overcrowded.
                  sigpic
                  The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

It has to be something along these lines, because if not, you're looking at JLA somewhere near 2020, and I promise after the onslaught of Marvel product starting with Cap 2, if DC isn't in fighting contention during this time, the new regime is going to get s*tcanned and investors will start yelling to sell the entire IP because Sony, Fox, Paramount, etc...will gladly play four billion for Batman and Superman.

I still don't believe Rock is Darkseid. Why hire the most expensive guy working just to stick him under mocapped ping-pong balls? You could pay Ahnuld half and people would still know it's him due to the voice.

GL makes perfect sense because people are now familiar with the concept and the Jon Stewart design doesn't wear a mask, which is the holy grail for agent contracts.

But...quick brainstorm....

Rock could be Aquaman, if Young Justice cartoon Aqualad was the model per say.

It would be a real coup, as Rock was born to play Namor. If DC decided to swap-swipe Namor for Aquaman, Marvel really couldn't do a thing since the Sub-Mariner rights are bogged down at Universal.

Now, take into consideration how much of what we're hearing seems to be following Justice League Animated and that incarnation of Aquaman was a Namor rift.

Plus, you have the new rumor Momoa was actually auditioning for Aquaman, and he fits the New 52 Aqualad look perfectly.

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

That theory could have legs. DC could take their most ridiculed character and cast the most badassest current actor and BAM! Instant credibility. I'd still like to think he's Luthor. I just want to hear some confirmation from WB sometime soon. Speculation and internet rumor is going to tear this production apart before principle photography begins.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• chazz530
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 20, 2013

When I think of the Rock, I see the perfect Black Adam.
                        Come see my items for sale at:
                        http://Webstore.com/~Chazz530

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

The ghosts of the Salkinds still haunts the hallowed halls of DC on film...
                          Or Snyder and co. could capture lightning in the bottle and produce back-to-back winners like Jackaon did with LOTR and Two Towers.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I think we have the seeds of a future movie title in the works.

Justice League United

DC Comics' Justice League of America series ends in April, and then later in the month Lemire relaunches it as Justice League United with a zero issue and a diverse superhero team that will split its time between Northern Ontario and cosmic locales.
                            Plant the title trademark now and let it settle in over two years as the New 52 Justice League brand.

The JLU: Justice League Unlimited influence is strong in this one...

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

So this has been pushed back TEN MONTHS.

Holy Crapola.

I'm still batting around the possibilities.

The Affleck "injury" sounds plausible, but you know what ten months and an injury does? It gives Affleck enough space and an alibi to drop out quietly.

There's definitely something afoot. To bail on 2015 is an admission that the competition was too heavy that year.

They literally just handed the next two years over to Marvel.

Now, it has to be a JLU movie, or two films that come out within a year of each other. It cannot simply be Trinity. The expectations, for success or failure, are way too high now.

Unbelievable. I'm really stunned at how inept this entire production has been run.

Comment

• Random Axe
                                The Voice of Reason
                                • Apr 16, 2008

This is not a surprising development. With everything they are apparently throwing into this, 2015 seemed like a hard goal. I still don't see how Star Wars will make it's deadline. All indications are this is a mess behind the scenes at WB, though. I always thought train wreck, but now it's crashed into an orphanage with a chemical spill. WB and DC are completely clueless. Warners seriously needs to sell off the property.
                                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎