X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
    Affleck has way more say now than either Nolan or Goyer, and that's not a good thing.
    Well, I use to have GREAT respect for Nolan...but after "The Dark Knight Rises", I wouldn't use the Nolan-verse Batman movies as a good barometer for anything that comes after. Frankly, I'm looking forward to a newer(and more faithful)take on BATMAN.
    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector

As I said before, while I'm not in love with the idea of Affleck as Bats, he might turn out great, and make me eat my own words, lol.

I don't know if you remember...but I'm the guy that got made fun of when I called Chris Evans for Captain America and Henry Cavill for Superman, way before anybody else. And we all know how that turned out.
      sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

I don't have that much of a problem with Ben as The Batman anymore. He definitely looks like Bruce Wayne.

Irons as Alfred is seemingly one of those 'obvious in hindsight' cases. He kind of even looks like Earth-1 Alfred a bit:

Gadot as Wonder Woman wouldn't have been my first choice:

But I'll wait to judge until she's done training. Cavill wasn't that buff when he was cast yet he become huge.

Eisenberg as Luthor threw me off a little. He is a talented actor no doubt, but I don't think he's the right choice for Luthor, especially with all of the other names being thrown out.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
          I don't have that much of a problem with Ben as The Batman anymore. He definitely looks like Bruce Wayne.
          He certainly DOES!
          sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

heres a take on some of the seemingly strange decisions made by Warners ,maybe just maybe they do have a plan http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...n-vs-superman/

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Is this Affleck's older Bruce Wayne look:

Reports are that filming may begin near the end of March despite the pushed back release date.
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Gal Gadot posted this on her facebook:

She wrote: ‘There’s nothing like a good workout in the morning. Love it! You?’

sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                  Gal Gadot posted this on her facebook:

She wrote: ‘There’s nothing like a good workout in the morning. Love it! You?’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/18/gal-ga...erman-4308062/
                  she needs to eat more.........It's Wonder Woman not Olive Oyl....lol

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Possible character descriptions for Bruce and Lex (minor spoilers, though it mostly confirms fan theories):

Latino Review warns that some of their exclusive info could change, since Chris Terrio is currently rewriting some of the script.

Lex Luthor IS bald. His head is shaven to be exact. But that is not all. He has another physical trait. You see, Lex Luthor is also into body art and has a detailed sleeve tattoo of the Metropolis skyline on his right arm. Lex is also the richest man on the planet who became a self made billionaire at 18. Lex is currently the CEO of Lexcorp who is one part tech genius, one part ruthless business man and two parts Metropolis street tough. Yes, street tough.

We meet Lex early on in the story when Bruce Wayne first pays him a visit at his 125th floor penthouse located inside Lexcorp Tower. Lex is sitting at his desk in front of an array of computer screens. Bruce considers Superman an impressive specimen. Lex considers him an alien, and a trespasser that doesn’t belong on this planet. Superman is just one of the reasons Bruce came to visit Metropolis. He has an interest in the city’s tragic circumstances. More like profitable circumstances according to Lex.

The rebuilding of Metropolis is Bruce Wayne’s main priority and is in town to help. Bruce believes pooling their resources would better serve the citizens of Metropolis and Bruce is willing to put his differences with Lex aside and let bygones be bygones.

Latino Review goes on to state that Lex Luthor thinks that Superman can be killed, while Bruce Wayne feels that there could be a more peaceful resolution to the Superman problem.
                    sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Michael B. Jordan has reportedly spoken to Zack Snyder about taking on a role in the film, rumored to be Cyborg:

Henry Cavill is excited by the possibility of Cyborg appearing.
                      Henry Cavil previously spoke about his excitement for Cyborg: "What really intrigued me was Dr. Emil Hamilton's references to S.T.A.R. Labs. Cyborg I think would make a wonderful character, and an incredible bridge between both superhumans and humanity in a different way to Batman. And so I ...
                      sigpic

Comment

• mego73
                        Printed paperboard Tiger
                        • Aug 1, 2003

If Supes 2 Zod was thrown into a snowbank. None of the phantom zone criminals were killed. Deleted scenes show them being led off the Fortress of Solitude in handcuffs. Then Supes destroys the Fortress.

Originally posted by Hector
                        Interesting read on Man of Steel and his controversial climatic scene with General Zod (and other tidbits)...

I like one of the talkbackers' responses:

"It's weird people are making such a big deal about Superman killing Zod in Man of Steel. In Superman 2 with Chris Reeve, Superman crushed his hand (After Zod was human and 0 threat), threw him into a wall and into a nearly bottomless pit, and Superman was smiling about it."

Exactly, lol.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, but that ending is very nebulous. The actual theatrically released version never shows Supes or the authorities leave with Zod. You see a flying...lump that is definitely Superman and Lois, and probably Lois, since you hear Lex's voiceover. The "arctic police bit" was just in the ABC extended cut, as was the "destroy the Fortress" bit. In canon, as released, it sure looks like Superman may have left Zod and the others to die.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Cap 3's release date has been - supposedly - revealed to be the same as Batman vs. Superman's one.
                            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Wilkinson confirmed that he designed the new Batsuit, along with Superman and Wonder Woman’s outfits – and when told about the positive early responses, he said:

“I’m designing the new Wonder Woman costume, I’m tweaking the Superman suit. So yeah – I’m glad [to be hearing] good buzz about it.”
                              Wilkinson was asked about his approach to such an iconic character, and said:

“It’s a thrilling and slightly scary prospect of course. It’s so important to get her right. She really deserves to be presented onscreen in her full glory, so what I do is look at the history of the character has been presented on the big screen, small screen, comic books, and graphic novels; we process it all. Then we kind of put that aside and work out what is right for our film, for the cinematic universe that our director Zack Snyder is putting together. We try to create a Wonder Woman relevant for today’s audiences.”
                              A “relevant” Wonder Woman presumably means a character somehow in tune with more modern sensibilities about who the character is and what her motivations are, along with what she wears. Given the explainable, functional nature of Superman’s costume in Man of Steel, it stands to reason that the same approach has been applied to Wonder Woman.

Still, when asked if the Amazonian’s traditional armor design was still a practical choice, he replied “Absolutely!” Wilkinson elaborated:

“I mean, you just have to look at the Gladiators from ancient Rome, they did their thing… with the shield and everything. Yes, it works for ‘Thor’ and ’300,’ so let’s see what happens."
                              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

"We’re getting ready to start shooting in a month or so. It’s going great. I’m very excited. It’s very fun to get into this world with different heroes coexisting in the same universe, but a lot of balls in the air as they say. As a fan, it’s an amazing opportunity. You know, Superman and Batman in the movies have never existed in the same frame together. So it’s an interesting historical thing."

Snyder went on to dote on the new Batsuit, adding:

“We were just testing the suits... The new Batsuit and the Superman suit. It wasn’t even with the actors... It was just to see ‘em. I was standing there, they were standing next to each other. And I was like, 'Guys, someone take a picture! This has never happened before.' We slightly [geek] out. Like, 'Are you kidding me?!'"

Zack also had a few words for the naysayers who are nit picking the production, including his casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor:

“I understand the canon. I’m not crazy. I know what these characters need from a mythological standpoint. I think Jesse is going to be an amazing Lex. Let’s not forget he was nominated for an Academy Award. It’s not like I just grabbed my friend to play the guy! This guy’s the real deal. By the way, in looking at all the talk-back, you can get all different perspectives in there too. Some people are hating to hate.”
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎