Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aricosaur
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 26, 2013

Tonight's ep "League of Assassins" was another strong entry. I loved how the flashbacks were Canary's this episode. I was wondering if they were going to switch to her flashbacks exclusively for a while and I loved how they stories came together at the end. Looking forward to the next episode to see where it's going.

Loved Det. Lance's use of the backup gun. Put the ninja in his place!

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

all in all good . . . a little too much soap opera filler for me tonight, . . . . but that's part of the deal . . . .
      next week looks like a good one
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Arrow seems to be one of the shows that keeps on getting better every week. Every new episode seems to blow the previous one out of the water. So much awesome stuff happened. The writing and directing has always been phenomenal and it seems like the bar has been raised for Season 2.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

Great change of pace episode last night . . . . . I find myself surprised every week. I think the Flash is due to appear on Ep. 8, correct?
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• May 21, 2011

^^^ Yep, I had forgotten about that. Now I'm looking forward to it next week even more!

sigpic

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

It says Dec 4 so we still a few weeks to go
              My Custom Figures

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Whoops, I got the episodes mixed it. I thought it was ep. 8 this week. My bad. But man, it sounds awesome:

Next week, we'll witness the Starling City court take on Moira Queen, but in the episode afterwards, Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) will make his way to Starling City in an episode written by Geoff Johns! Read the description after the jump.

It's aptly titled The Scientist.
                sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Oliver doesn't trust Barry Allen:
                  sigpic

Comment

• megojim
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 13, 2001

and behold . . . the Mask!! this just keeps getting better!!

My Custom Figures

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Wow, it looks pretty cool. Though why is the eye makeup black now? It should still be green to match the mask color.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Aricosaur
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 26, 2013

Enjoyed tonight's episode: "State vs. Queen" (or something like that) in spite of itself. Once again Count Vertigo was great and I hope they figure out a way to get him back on the show. I liked how the moral dilemma was handled. I know it's a common story but it's one that anyone who may have to take a life in the line of duty faces. I struggled through the soap-opera-ie court room "drama" and the "surprise" (by which I mean totally not surprising at all) ending.

In the preview of the Flash episode, is the guy playing Berry like 15? Is he supposed to be the Doogie Howser of forensics?
                        Last edited by Aricosaur; Nov 21, '13, 1:22 AM. Reason: Added the Flash bit

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Here's a picture with Queen finally dawning the mask later this season.

Attached Files

Comment

• May 21, 2011

SPOILERS:

To quote Count Vertigo from State v. Queen "Be still my beating heart." Arrow is honestly my favorite TV show right now. The way they throw twists at you left and right every week is amazing. And the fact that they are genuinely shocking and surprising is a plus. None feel forced or corny at all.

- S.T.A.R. Labs will be activating a Particle Accelerator sometime in the future. Will that tie-in to Barry Allen in some way?
                            - Since Slade might get injected with Miraclo serum, he might become the Deathstroke we all know and love from the comics. Still, even with his injury (the makeup is flawless), his aim is perfect as always.
                            - Wow, Arrow killed The Count. I knew he would stop Vertigo somehow, but not that way. Especially after his 'no kill' rule. Seeing how it was Felicity who admonished him about killing in the first place, when she was first brought onto the team, being the reason he had to kill again was a nice throwback (intentional or not). But it was probably the right thing to do. Like he said: "There wasn't a choice to make."
                            - Malcolm's alive!? And is Thea's father?! Holy crap! This might be Arrow's biggest plot twist yet (until next week probably)!! When I heard he might return, I figured it would be in flashbacks, not in a reveal like this! The League of Assassins plot thickens!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything plays out in future episodes. So many plates are spinning but Arrow hasn't disappointed yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

• megojim
                              Permanent Member
                              • Oct 13, 2001

we have a common interest my friend . . . . didn't like this week's as much and I'm beginning to wonder about so many twists . . . . personally I enjoyed Merlin being dead . . . a superhero's works is never done!
                              My Custom Figures

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

I thought the episode was by far the weakest of the season. I still enjoyed it despite itself, so I guess that is a testament to the show, but come on...

1. I'm more than willing to go along with the "secret identity" conceit, even though it seems it would take more than a hood and some eyeliner to hide his identity. But Count Vertigo can figure out who he really is based on a company ID and one encounter with Ollie, and Officer Lance and the gang is clueless?

2. He's an expert marskman who can get 3 arrows into a guys chest before he can flinch, but he can't shoot the syringes out of the Count's hand instead of breaking his "no kill" rule?

3. The trial being rigged and Merlyn being behind it all was painfully predictable. The "Thea as Malcolm's daughter" was a twist, but a very cheesy one. After all the build up to the trial this season, it would have been nice to see some real courtroom drama. The defense could have been compelling enough to make us wonder if she would be convicted... which would have made the final reveal more surprising.

4. I guess show wise they had to kill him because he knew Ollie's identity. But I thought he made a great recurring villain... A lot of fun to watch him chew the scenery.

5. In the flashback, I don't understand why he'd rescue Sara. "You saved my life." Yes, after she manipulated you into a false sense of trust, just to betray you. No lesson to be learned from that, Ollie?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎