Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

[img]http://images.couplehalloweencostumes.com/sexy-warrior-babe-costume.jpg[/img]

I doubt the costume would even look that good. Probably just a white robe type of deal.

And played by a actress who doesnt even resemble the character in any form.....
    Last edited by Figuremod73; Sep 9, '12, 9:19 AM.

Comment

• boynightwing
      That Carl Guy
      • Apr 24, 2002

I hope it's more Xena then Smallville. I'll watch it for sure.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by boynightwing
        I hope it's more Xena then Smallville. I'll watch it for sure.
        Yes, exactly what I was thinking.

Here's who I think should play 'Diana' (as hilariously said by Wrathdemon. ):

Not sure how old this picture of her is, but she looks like she would make a great young Wonder Wo - I mean, Diana. Plus, she's been on shows shown on CW before (Supernatural) so she seems like a good choice all around.
        Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jan 16, '13, 4:44 PM.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

The concept for this show has as much chance of success as Retro-Action DC Mego-like figures at Mattel.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

The series is said to be a Smallville-esque take on the character...
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I never count out CW. Their creative team finds a way to bring a fresh approach to DC product. Look at Arrow and how well it has been received? And Smallville ran for ten years. If there IS a way to get it done, I imagine CW will flush it out.

Comment

• megokissface
                • Nov 26, 2012

I hope that no one ever attempts to create another WW show by casting some horrible young,sad creature like the failed bomb that was the "WW 2011" monstrosity! That was a complete disaster not to mention it kinda ruined it for WW to get ahead. There isnt much of another promising Goddess like Lynda Carter to play the part with the same wit,charm,natural beauty nor charisma that she gave to the Amazon! everyone keeps tossing all these pretty faces no of complete D list, disposable pretty faces with not much acting chops. I think these "men" imagine what their choices look like in some cheap costume instead of the character's main focus which isnt her looks! All this smutty thinking is very akin to the way most illustrators have been drawing the character in thongs with her butt showing. The trailer for the failed pilot showed the opposite with a sloppy young gal wearing blue pants? It's terrible that no one has grasped the character so well since Lynda Carter. And let's not mention that terrible movie with Crosby. What the hell was that all about anyway? Did the director for that 70's boredomfest never read the comic nor bother to learn that Wonder Woman wasnt even a blonde? Yikes
                I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• megokissface
                  • Nov 26, 2012

Is that Shakira wearing some Oh, Mighty Isis outfit from Party City? Holy, Bean Tacos your premise sounds terrible at best! Smallville was the MOST BORING thing I had ever seen. The appeal of Clark Kent vs Superman is just more bland than an evening of watching paint dry while listening to Celine Dion on a friday night shortly after eating a steaming bowl of Ramen Noodles! Wonder Woman without her outfit,lasso,invisible jet,frequent trips to Paradise Island and Steve Trevor is what WW is all about. Ok, the Cheetah was never on the show and they replaced her with Formicida, the ant queen however, its these crazy elements that made WW fun. I havent even mentioned the spin transformation and the eye candy that is Lynda Carter. Yeah, Smallville was just wrong. I have no idea whom it was that thought this idea was amazing?
                  I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    They've been afraid to embrace their roots for a long time. Like it's not cool to be a "comic book" company...

Is it wrong to long for the days of "Batman '66"?
                    Not as far as I'm concerned! I really liked Lynda Carter, but she never fought one darn villain of her admittedly small Rogues' Gallery.

I'd watch a Xena-style show, but a rehash of Smallville leaves me cold. I want costumes & heroics mixed with the drama & a dash of humor.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Didn't watch Smallville, don't watch Arrow...and will automatically pass on "Amazon".

It's like these hack producers are embarrassed to just name them Superman, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman.

Besides, I'm not into 90210 crap...it's an automatic pass from me.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i loved Smallville. it did get tiresome at times, especially in the earlier years but once they got rid of Lana it really picked up.
                        Arrow is also really well done and while they might not be calling him Green Arrow yet, they have mentioned the name. he is also in costume every week and has already fought against some of the rogues and also allied with Deathstroke himself. Roy Harper has just been introduced as a recurring character too.
                        I don't know much about this Amazon show, but give it a chance before shooting it down.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^Really--I'm intrigued. What rogues? Like Clock King & Count Vertigo?
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                            I'm the Star Spangled Man
                            • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                            Didn't watch Smallville, don't watch Arrow...and will automatically pass on "Amazon".

It's like these hack producers are embarrassed to just name them Superman, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman.

Besides, I'm not into 90210 crap...it's an automatic pass from me.
                            Then you are missing out on one of the best, if not the best, show on T.V. And they did call him Green Arrow. Oliver called the name lame.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            ^Really--I'm intrigued. What rogues? Like Clock King & Count Vertigo?
                            Vertigo, Dark Archer (watch Year's End to find out the twist), Firefly, China White, Deadshot, and The Royal Flush Gang come to mind.
                            sigpic
                            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

^^yeah, those were the ones. most have them have returned already too, or will before seasons end. Dark Archer is actually a recurring character in his secret identity

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

My wife and I have been catching up on Arrow on the DVR. As much as I loved Smallville, I have to say Arrow is so far, a much more satisfying and cohesive show. Smallville often had plot holes you could drive a mack truck through, and rushed story resolutions with little repercussions. Everything on Arrow has built from one episode to the next. It's a great ride.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎