Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I'm absolutely beside myself at the poor reviews pouring in. Wow... It's down to 70%. I'm speechless. Well, Emeraldknight and myself are going this weekend to have a blast. I have little doubt we will have a rollicking good time along with some good food and drink afterwards. No critic is going to ruin this for us.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Godzilla
      Exactly MIB41. I hope for the best, but I'm expecting the worst.
      Yep, I'm afraid this is going to flop but, we will wait and see. I was VERY worried about Star Trek into the darkeness which turned out very well.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
        I'm absolutely beside myself at the poor reviews pouring in. Wow... It's down to 70%. I'm speechless. Well, Emeraldknight and myself are going this weekend to have a blast. I have little doubt we will have a rollicking good time along with some good food and drink afterwards. No critic is going to ruin this for us.
        I wouldn't worry about it....so far the negatives are all about picking at things that are missing....I'm sorry for those that are looking for what Donner did in the 78 version,but that's not happening.....Superman is about doing the spectacular and unbelievable......I expect that rating to get much higher...this movie is about having fun. Superman is a fun character, now we will finally see him beat the **** out of someone in a movie, move at speeds we always wanted to see him I DON'T want any Can you read my mind garbage anymore!!!!...........NOTHING will ruin this for me NOTHING.......lol

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
          I did forget that it was already posted but what's the harm in seeing twice? And yes, I have seen that clip. Here was my original response:

True dat!
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

People complained of the lack of action in Superman Returns, now some are complaining about too much action in Man of Steel...make up your damn minds people, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
              People complained of the lack of action in Superman Returns, now some are complaining about too much action in Man of Steel...make up your damn minds people, lol.
              I know for crying out loud it's freeking Superman!!!!!! I want him to beat the living **** out of everyone!!! 2 hours of just beatdown.....

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

That's a SUPER big AMEN to both of you gents!!! I don't want to see him rescuing cats; I want to see him BEING SUPERMAN!!!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Yeah, enough cat rescuing, I don't even like the little fur balls, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
                    No critic is going to ruin this for us.
                    That's the right attitude. A critic is a person, they have bad days and they have weird hang ups. I only pay attention when they all seem to agree it's a train wreck and that makes me want to see the movie.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I couldn't help myself, I read the spoilers, all I can say is WOW, prepared to be shocked.
                      sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

We will agree to disagree regarding the Donner films. I mean no disrespect, I am simply of the opinion that they are not good, nor did they make me 'believe' anything.

The suit turned green when he flew. Because if it were blue it would disappear into the background. That's why weathermen don't wear blue.

When you understand Chroma Key (the technique used for flying sequences) the effect is that it will always look dated and fake, like those silly roller coaster films you used to be able to buy at the mall.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

The majority of critics do not like heavy superhero movies because they feel it's absurd to treat a comic book character as if it has dramatic ability. If you read critics when they talk amongst each other, you see how they bemoan the idea that these are now the studio's version of character studies, because it relegates old-school drama to cable and a handful of small films per year.

It's why they love Marvel. Their films have the weight of marshmallow fluff, so critics go in looking for a few laughs and a steady pace.

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

The first two Donner films (well the Donner and the Donner and Lester film) had a minimum of blue screen shots because of that. Most of the flying was done with the Zoptic sychonized front projection process and looked fantastic. By the way, all modern DVD and blu ray copies color correct Superman blue screen shots so his suit is blue again. I seemed to remember only a couple times his suit looked green before (the Hoover Dam approach shot for instance). I still think of the first Suoerman movie as my favorite comic book movie.

Originally posted by B-Lister
                            We will agree to disagree regarding the Donner films. I mean no disrespect, I am simply of the opinion that they are not good, nor did they make me 'believe' anything.

The suit turned green when he flew. Because if it were blue it would disappear into the background. That's why weathermen don't wear blue.

When you understand Chroma Key (the technique used for flying sequences) the effect is that it will always look dated and fake, like those silly roller coaster films you used to be able to buy at the mall.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by mego73
                              The first two Donner films (well the Donner and the Donner and Lester film) had a minimum of blue screen shots because of that. Most of the flying was done with the Zoptic sychonized front projection process and looked fantastic. By the way, all modern DVD and blu ray copies color correct Superman blue screen shots so his suit is blue again. I seemed to remember only a couple times his suit looked green before (the Hoover Dam approach shot for instance). I still think of the first Suoerman movie as my favorite comic book movie.
                              If it's your favorite, that's cool. My favorite is Batman. I love it warts and all. The long shot of him turning and running off the roof is animated, and looks it. Most fans forget about it, but it revived hero films, and I love every bit of it. But I am aware of, and accept the flaws and criticisms.

The production design is top notch, the casting creative, the tone and atmosphere are all on target. The story was fun (despite creative changes to the mythos) and even the soundtrack, while strange, still works with the film.

But I make no illusions that it is a better film than Batman Begins, it isn't. But that doesn't mean I can't love it, or become lost in its world.

I simply can't do that for the Donner Films as they aren't for me. Doesn't mean that same standard applies to you and I am not attempting to (nor would I succeed) take anything away from your enjoyment of them.

But it is my opinion that we have yet to get a good Superman film, and I stand firmly behind that opinion, as it applies to me personally. Your mileage may vary.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by mego73
                                By the way, all modern DVD and blu ray copies color correct Superman blue screen shots so his suit is blue again. I seemed to remember only a couple times his suit looked green before (the Hoover Dam approach shot for instance). I still think of the first Suoerman movie as my favorite comic book movie.
                                Exactly. B-Lister must be watching some crappy VHS or age old DVD copies. And the tag line "You'll believe a man can fly" were for audiences of that day. That's an odd criticism of his, since no one should expect a 35 year old marketing campaign to be relevant today. I guess I should call Universal Studios bogus since I didn't require an ambulance after watching Frankenstein made in 1931. Art Linkletter was right. Kids say the damnedest things.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎