X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by samurainoir
    come down to the dog park tomorrow, and I'll buy you that lunch I owe you.

Sounds good!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

It will be interesting to see if they revisit the Goblin story in this series and actually kill off Gwen or if she will be spared for the sake of making more movies. The studios may view it as too depressing.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Megospidey
        That's right - most people don't realize that Betty Brant was his first girlfriend. She wasn't a high school romance, but an office romance when he was hired on as a photographer.

I am happy that they are starting with Gwen Stacy though. She was his first, true love.

I hope we eventually get a great Mary Jane out of the films...she is 10 times more interesting a character than Gwen Stacy.
        Would seem like a perfect "Hook" for the next one if they introduce Mary Jane in that. I would hope that get an actress that at least somewhat looks the part this time. Kirsten Dunst was way to frumpy from a visual standpoint IMO.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Dunst was alright in the first movie, but she seemed asleep at the wheel or on something in 2 and 3. Plus they made her character REALLY selfish and unlikeable.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
            It will be interesting to see if they revisit the Goblin story in this series and actually kill off Gwen or if she will be spared for the sake of making more movies. The studios may view it as too depressing.
            What?! Thanks for the spoiler alert jerk!

JK if people don't know that they are pretty comic illiterate.
            I think they will kill her. They need to push the envelope in films these days. It isn't a risk (like say a kid for Superman) since it is alrready cannon.

They will need to be cognisent of hte kid population but kids can handle it is=f done right. They killed off the wife in UP and kids loved that movie.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
              A few reasons I'm happy that they're touching on the origin story again: (1) Gwen Stacy was Peter Parker's first girl friend, not MJ.(2) Peter invented mechanical web shooters...no more organics! (3) I like Garfield better than McGuire as Peter Parker.
              Agreed, agreed...and agreed...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Actually, if you read the first twenty or so issues of Spider-Man, it's really a toss up as to who Pete's first love interest was: Betty Brant or Liz Allen....
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  I think Pete dated her twin sister, too.

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>It will be interesting to see if they revisit the Goblin story in this series and actually kill off Gwen or if she will be spared for the sake of making more movies.

The big scene in the first film always reminded me of that....

Don C.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

For those interested, Walmart has a special ($2.97) where you can get a mini comic of the Lizard's first appearance in Spiderman and a disc that offers a scene from the upcoming movie plus a initial look at the film, it's story, and some behind the scenes shots.The completed scene is where Spiderman encounters the car thief. I had the kids (19 & 17 years old) watch it and the special. They liked the action sequences well. But they did not understand the humor with the thief and thought that made him look campy. So I will be curious to see how much the director plays on that idea. Old time comic readers can identify with that treatment, but the general public perhaps less so. It will also be interesting to see how critics view this. Not all things translate from comic to film (as we are finding out).

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎