X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
    I just ordered the movie on Netflix. Ethan (he's 8 years old) saw it on the list and wanted to know if I ordered the movie Kick Butt. I said it's called Kick *ss. He said he knew. He just didn't want to say it.
    I watched it with my 15 year nephew. That was a mistake. It was inappropriate for a 15 year old. I would not watch this with an 8 year old.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks for the warning, Brue. I have no clue what it's about but I have a feeling I will like it. I'll make sure to send the kids to bed before I watch the movie with my husband.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Duncan
        Museum focus-groupie
        • Jun 27, 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty liberal about what I'll let my kids (8 & 5) watch, but I also had to draw the line on this one. The body count is too high, and the presence of an 11 year old character would make it a little too real for my kids (i.e. if she can do it, why can't we?). Personally, I loved the movie.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Definitely not for kids. There are all sorts of things in this movie you don't want to have to talk to your kids about yet, and tons of imagery they shouldn't see at a young age, in my opinion.

But it's a great movie for adults!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Wow what a fabulous movie! I would never let my kids see it but it was entertaining throughout.

I'm a sucker for violence and vengeance.
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

I sat down to this, not knowing anything about it, thinking it was some teenage comedy. One of the most craziest flicks Ive seen for a while, completely loved it. My friend came round, because he wanted a copy, to watch with his small cousin, after watching it with me(me the 5th time), he said maybe I shouldnt

Comment

• Sandman9580
                Career Member
                • Feb 16, 2010

Finally watched this the other night. I guess I have to be the lone dissenter and say I thought Kick-*** was anything but. In fact... it kind of turned my stomach.

Ever feel like the world's sort of leaving you behind?

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

When I finally got around to watching this Movie, I wasn't sure what to expect...I was shocked. Shocked at how much FUN it was...I laughed my Arse off, it was a RIOT!
                  Last edited by The Bat; Oct 20, '10, 5:07 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• RickD
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 31, 2011

bought the blu ray and watched it for the first time today! This was a such an awesome movie! Bring on the sequel in 2013!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎