Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Rumor has it Toyman is going to show up on Smallville this season.

WB has gotten really strange about cross-polination on their shows, so that may be part of it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

I just saw my first episode of this, the one with Blue Beetle. I'm surprised that I'm the first to say this in this thread but...

GOD DID THAT SUCK!

I'm not one to post counter opinions just for fun, but I hated this. At first I thought it had potential. I liked the idea, I liked the classic Batman look, but it's just too campy. It brought back all the things that always made Batman suck. All the super cheese of the 60's. UGH!

Well, at least I have my Batman:TAS and Justice League DVD's. For me, nothing nailed Batman better.

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

I still havent been able to catch this on tv...everytime I see it advertised in the tv guide, I tune in only to find its the other recent Batman series (which seems a bit more interesting with the JLA and Robin/Batgirl around....still detest the Rastefarian (sp?) Joker though!)

When is this version on Teletoon? Anybody...
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Dave Mc
          I just saw my first episode of this, the one with Blue Beetle. I'm surprised that I'm the first to say this in this thread but...

GOD DID THAT SUCK!

I'm not one to post counter opinions just for fun, but I hated this. At first I thought it had potential. I liked the idea, I liked the classic Batman look, but it's just too campy. It brought back all the things that always made Batman suck. All the super cheese of the 60's. UGH!

Well, at least I have my Batman:TAS and Justice League DVD's. For me, nothing nailed Batman better.
          i'm not a huge fan of it either. i think what saved it for me was that i saw the plastic man episode first - the 60's cheese was perfect there. i didn't even take the show seriously.
          also my daughter (4 1/2) likes it -especially the christmas episode.

i could do without the blue beetle episodes

the aquaman one didn't really take from the early version and certainly not he new version of aquaman. he was somewhat given a new take. not sure how i like it.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

GOD DID THAT SUCK!
            Damn Dave,.. tell us how you really feel. Don't ever Watch the Aquaman Episode... EN GuarD . lol

Nothing will ever beat those... So I don't compair & just try & Take the toon for what they are trying to do with it.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

GOD DID THAT SUCK!
              Awwww....don't be such a hater!
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

The PLASTIC MAN episode had to have been the best written---
                it seems we all agree on that.

The series as a whole?
                I take it for what it is too...it's fun...not as great as the Timm/Dini stuff
                ---really not even close.

Would I have prefered the Timm/Dini stuff to go on forever---yes.

But after seeing THE BATMAN and not liking it at all, this new B&TB
                was really refreshing...as it was more rewarding to my attention
                than THE BATMAN episodes I saw.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

Sorry gang, didn't mean to come off so strong, it just took me by surprise and I posted right after watching it and I was still in shock. A lot of people love the camp Batman and that's cool, it's the Batman I grew up with so I SHOULD like it, but I for some reason I can't. My 10 year old never has been exposed to that Batman and watched it with me. He's been on a Batman kick recently and his reaction was "That's not Batman!". Guess I have had an influence for better or worse.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Sorry gang, didn't mean to come off so strong, it just took me by surprise and I posted right after watching it and I was still in shock. A lot of people love the camp Batman and that's cool, it's the Batman I grew up with so I SHOULD like it, but I for some reason I can't.
                    We did really hype it up here on this thread.

After seeing the BLUE BEETLE and AQUAMAN episodes, admittedly the
                    buzz DID die down for me a bit personally.

Your opinion isn't surprising in the least....the Timm/Dini stuff bordered
                    on "genius"---we sure were spoiled by that series...and it's cool that your
                    son was of the same mind, even at that early age.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the future episodes come off
                    as smoothly as the PLASTIC MAN episode did.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Well I personally think the Batman comes off a Bit better than the Super Friends Batman,.. He has better stories so far too. I dunno, I can't even watch Super Friends anymore,.. BTAS Ruined it for me.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by huedell

But after seeing THE BATMAN and not liking it at all,

I disliked The Batman at 1st too.
                        I thought it was Horrible... But then the Cartoon Introduced Batgirl, Robin & Gordon,.. as well as the Batman Vs Dracula,.. & the some of the JLA... & It got really good imo ! + Come On,.. Disco Nightwing was on an Episode !!!

It was almost like there came a time when all the writers got fired, & they went a completly different direction & saved the Toon imo .

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                          I disliked The Batman at 1st too.
                          I thought it was Horrible....
                          same here - i hated the first few episodes i saw
                          then a friend loaned us the series and i liked the later stuff

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                            same here - i hated the first few episodes i saw
                            then a friend loaned us the series and i liked the later stuff
                            Yes...I hear you guys.

You're one step ahead of me.

I saw some clips from later episodes and thought I'd eventually give it a
                            watch and see what was up with all these "new/old" characters added.

I may watch it, and catch up yet.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I will say I could do with B&B dialing the camp down a notch. It is superior and more consistent than The Batman overall, although that series had some good moments after Batgirl debuted, as many of you said.

I wouldn't mind B&B mixing it up and doing some truly dramatic stuff, much like Teen Titans did. They had some just plain silly episodes, but also did the Terra storyline (although it was sanitized for TV) and Trigon coming to Earth!

The bits in the Christmas episode with young Bruce showed a depth I hope they return to on occasion.

These weeks new episode looks like a lot of fun. Guy Gardner, the GL Corps, Green Arrow, Etrigan and Moran Le Fey? Cool.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Just watched "Day of the Dark Knight" and it was the best episode yet. It was a bit more straight-forward than some of the previous shows, the dialog was more cleverly written, and the cameos by the old Batman TV villains (Bookworm! Shame! Louie the Lilac!) was just great. My kid recognized most right away.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎