Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Loved wildcat berating Bane in the opener.
    I am a huge Booster gold fan and I really liked the over the top version they did (aligned with later gold stories when he sold advertising on his suit). Billy west reprised he skeets role from JLU nice touch

I was hoping for vandal savage (but Krul was cool). I am not as versed in this villian is he usually like this in the comics? he was very Savage like and I wonder if he was a creative substitution. Love the end with the coffee spill

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

I thought it was King Kull from JLA #135-137. Did they alter the name for the cartoon?
      Scott

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, looks like they took the Shazam villain Kull and Vandal Savage and made him Krul. Even the promo info on Direct TV said Vandal Savage was the baddy in this one.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Action Martin
          I thought it was King Kull from JLA #135-137. Did they alter the name for the cartoon?
          I noticed that when I watched the episode. That's King Kull, the Captain Marvel (Shazam!) villain but with Vandal Savage's origin.
          The original KK was leader of the Beastmen, a neanderthal like sub-human tribe, who was survived in suspended animation until the 1940s. He was a member of the MOnster Society of Evil, and fought Cap & Superman in DC Comics Presents, as well as the JLA/JSA/Fawcett heroes.

I'm guessing the name KING KULL is tied up by the Conan people for TV rights, or they were just being cautious.

Not a big fan of the "idiot" version of Booster Gold they portray in the 'toons, especially since DC is currently trying to change his image with the excellent series they have out. My 7 yr old daughter said he was a mean hero. She liked Wildcat though, although she asked me why Batman couldn't beat Bane ifall you had to do was cut his hoses off. I had no answer.

Looking forward to the Robin episode. Hopefully an action figure in E-2 garb will appear!

Comment

• ramsey37
            • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
            I noticed that when I watched the episode. That's King Kull, the Captain Marvel (Shazam!) villain but with Vandal Savage's origin.
            The original KK was leader of the Beastmen, a neanderthal like sub-human tribe, who was survived in suspended animation until the 1940s. He was a member of the MOnster Society of Evil, and fought Cap & Superman in DC Comics Presents, as well as the JLA/JSA/Fawcett heroes.
            ...and he got his butt kicked by Hoppy the Marvel Bunny in DC Comics Presents #34!
            George

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

It wasn't my favourite episode of the series, moron Booster has been done and I wasn't a fan the first time. I did think the ending was funny but other than that the whole episode kind of had a "Bruce Timm did it first" feel.

Can't all be gems, I still love this show.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jds1911a1
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                It wasn't my favourite episode of the series, moron Booster has been done and I wasn't a fan the first time. I did think the ending was funny but other than that the whole episode kind of had a "Bruce Timm did it first" feel.

Can't all be gems, I still love this show.
                I think Bruce's Booster Gold was much closer the the Booser of the JLI years with Blue Beetle. This one was more like the one from I can't beleive it's not the justice league or the 52 era.

Yeah The greatest story never told was better becuase Booster was likeable

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                  I think Bruce's Booster Gold was much closer the the Booser of the JLI years with Blue Beetle. This one was more like the one from I can't beleive it's not the justice league or the 52 era.

Don't get me wrong, I like Booster Gold and I know this really is the heart of the character himself, Brave and the Bold has just done some fun stuff with the characters in the past and I found they went a little textbook with him.

My kids loved it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

This wasn't my favorite but it was okay.

I think my favorite will be on this Friday.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• saildog
                      Permanent Member
                      • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                      That was a great JLU episode and yeah, that take on Booster was far better.

Having said that, I still liked this episode well-enough, though it wasn't on par with some of the other Brave and the Bolds.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                        • Aug 8, 2007

Don't get me wrong, I like Booster Gold and I know this really is the heart of the character himself, Brave and the Bold has just done some fun stuff with the characters in the past and I found they went a little textbook with him.

My kids loved it.
                        I haven't seen any of the recent stuff post 52 have they given him some emotional content after bringing him back from the dead?

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

wallpaper-bat-mite-villains.gif (image)

Paul Reubens is Bat Mite today apparently.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            • Aug 8, 2007

That is classic I love batmite

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Tonight's opening was sooo cool. The rest was just typical Robin wanting to get out of Batman's shadow stuff. Even with that said,I wouldn't mind seeing Robin again.

Comment

• saildog
                                Permanent Member
                                • Apr 9, 2006

wallpaper-bat-mite-villains.gif (image)

Paul Reubens is Bat Mite today apparently.
                                Check out that awesome Rouges Gallery!!!

Mister Freeze is made up like his first appearance as "Mister Zero". That's even the same weapon.

File:Batman121 mr zero.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎