X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
    They probably went with the beardless Green Arrow because it's definitely more retro, plus if they're pairing him with Speedy, that's the look he had back then. Once GA grew the beard and became a liberal, Speedy was too busy trying to score some dope to hang out with GA anymore.
    "Speedy's a Junkie!!!" I'll never forget in the mid 80's I was in a comic shop and quoted that cover (the reprint series was on the shelf) and a kid said "who's speedy" now they know him from Teen titans but not his history.

Comment

• jds1911a1
      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      Can't say I care. I was Born in 75,.. & Hate that look for the character to be honest.

Besides,.. with the Villians from the Past , to the Hero's from the Present,.. this show is Obviously not following any sorts of Continuty,.. Otherwise Having the 50's Arrow ,.. wouldn't be shown in the same toon with the 2006 Beetle.
      That's why I'm looking forward to this week

Comment

• jds1911a1
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Never really cared for the Neal Adams Green Arrow costume.
        I like the Erol Flynn Robin hood suit just fine but I loved the look of the early Arrow. I was so pleased when the 9" dc figure was the silver age costume.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I like both looks for Arrow. JLU nailed the Adams arrow design, and he also had that look on The Batman, so it made sense to go back to the original design here.

Plus GA is clean-shaven on Smallville, and he's now a regular cast member. May have had something to do with it.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Another awesome episode! Loved seeing the original Blue Beetle! What I like about this show are the little easter eggs they throw out there for the diehard fans...like GL's secret origin, Mystery in Space, etc. Cool stuff!
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

I really liked this episode with the Blue Beetle(s). Why can't DC Comics be written this well? See, it had all the elements they needed to switch BB to the bug suit, and yet the cartoon managed to do it tastefully and with some care for the characters...as opposed to the gory, ham-handed comic book version. Gotta try and find the BB action figure- hate the angsty teenage kid, but like the look of the suit.

The B&B comic comes out next week, I'm looking forward to that. I liked the JLU one they did, so I'm hoping this one is just as good.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Here's a great interview with the producer of the Brave & Bold:

Comic Book Resources > CBR News: Tucker Talks Ted Kord on

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  Here's a great interview with the producer of the Brave & Bold:
                  Cool interview...gives the reason behind the madness on why they went with the version of Green Arrow that did...

I could say there is a rhyme or reason but there really isn’t. I worked on “Justice League” for five years and we did the hippie Green Arrow and I said, “Well, before he was that guy with the funny little beard he was a Batman wannabe and that’s funnier.” There’s more to play off of that in this series using that version. So I went with that and to me this is classic Batman. This is the licensing version of Batman. This is the Batman that existed on Slurpees, the backs of bubble gum wrappers and toys. He’s the licensing Batman.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Any idea when some of these are hitting DVD? or can someone hook me up with copies?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

I was alittle dissapointed that they Felt the Need to re-tell the Death of Ted Kord. It still Bothers me the Guys Dead,.. & the New Story about His death just seemed like a Waste of time for me.

However,.. Outside of that,.. Kuddo's to the Writer of this..., To give us Another Arguement in the Mythos of the DC Universe. That Debate that the Beetle Had with is Buddy ,.. about the Lameness of Green Lanterns Origion was Fantastic.

Also,.. I really like the Writing with Batman's interaction with the New Beelte. It's neat stuff.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Riffster
                        Atomic batteries to power
                        • Jun 29, 2008

they have to have a Teen titans episode, it's begging for a 60's era team up
                        Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                        And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I liked when Bruce and Ted are talking about how people don't appreciate the time and effort they put into the gadgets. Great stuff. It was nice to see the Ted Kord BB.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

I'm looking forward to this Friday's episode with Plastic Man and Elongated Man. Should be fun.

Comment

• Megotu
                              jerk
                              • Dec 16, 2001

I like that they told the Death of Ted Kord. I didn't even know personally. The show seems like it makes an effort to be fun for the fanboys as well as accessible to the casual fan. Sure, Comic Book Store Guy will hate the dumbing down of the stories, but it really works well for my kids and me.
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Megotu
                                I like that they told the Death of Ted Kord. I didn't even know personally. The show seems like it makes an effort to be fun for the fanboys as well as accessible to the casual fan. Sure, Comic Book Store Guy will hate the dumbing down of the stories, but it really works well for my kids and me.
                                I liked cartoon Ted Kord's death better than comic's Ted Kord. It rocked my kids world a little bit too. This show isn't as "Kiddie" as some would say.

By far, my favorite episode of the series.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎