Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Always good to see Kamandi & I have to admit, this show is making me consider a CustoMego Gentleman Ghost.

And I'm thinking the Speedy-GA image posted above deserves a caption contest ;-)
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 17, '09, 6:07 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

One of my Favorite Episodes thus far.... Great Stuff,.. I totally dig the Gentlemen's Ghost.

... I'm still a bit disapointed on the Look of the Green Arrow. I love it when he is on the Toon,.. But I like my Ollie with the Beard. Gives him more Additude. imo.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        One of my Favorite Episodes thus far.... Great Stuff,.. I totally dig the Gentlemen's Ghost.

... I'm still a bit disapointed on the Look of the Green Arrow. I love it when he is on the Toon,.. But I like my Ollie with the Beard. Gives him more Additude. imo.
        You do realise this is the look Green Arrow had from the 40's till the late 60's right??

it is the correct way to show him when compared to the 50's early 60's sprang inspired model on batman

I can't wait for ted Kord this week

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by jds1911a1
          You do realise this is the look Green Arrow had from the 40's till the late 60's right?? it is the correct way to show him when compared to the 50's early 60's sprang inspired model on batman
          Then by that logic shouldn't all guest-stars have that Silver Age look to them?
          Scott

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

You do realise this is the look Green Arrow had from the 40's till the late 60's right??

it is the correct way to show him when compared to the 50's early 60's sprang inspired model on batman

I can't wait for ted Kord this week
            Must have missed Aquaman's beard in his 60's run.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jds1911a1
              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Must have missed Aquaman's beard in his 60's run.
              that's the look I liked least in the whole show so far

Comment

• jds1911a1
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
                Then by that logic shouldn't all guest-stars have that Silver Age look to them?
                They should but no one in the production team asked my opinion

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Can't say I care. I was Born in 75,.. & Hate that look for the character to be honest.

Besides,.. with the Villians from the Past , to the Hero's from the Present,.. this show is Obviously not following any sorts of Continuty,.. Otherwise Having the 50's Arrow ,.. wouldn't be shown in the same toon with the 2006 Beetle.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                    Can't say I care. I was Born in 75,.. & Hate that look for the character to be honest.

Besides,.. with the Villians from the Past , to the Hero's from the Present,.. this show is Obviously not following any sorts of Continuty,.. Otherwise Having the 50's Arrow ,.. wouldn't be shown in the same toon with the 2006 Beetle.
                    The odd thing is that they MUST know the Bronze Age look for Ollie is most popular.

I think they are just trying to be as different as they can feasibly be
                    from Timm/Dini....that's not to say there won't be simillarities all the same.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

They probably went with the beardless Green Arrow because it's definitely more retro, plus if they're pairing him with Speedy, that's the look he had back then. Once GA grew the beard and became a liberal, Speedy was too busy trying to score some dope to hang out with GA anymore.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Plus, I think they're just having fun with the cast, not worrying about continuity and telling good stories (Lord knows the funny books themselves could use a lesson from the TV show in that department). And the show is obviously inspired by the old Bob Haney/Jim Aparo B&B team-ups, where continuity was quite often thrown out the window...ahem, Earth-B, anyone?
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                          Custom Mego Maker
                          • Jun 3, 2007

Awesome Awesome Awesome Show!

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

I love the show. it's like they shook up continuity so that you never quite know what to expect, except that Batman is the best and coolest.

I really liked the characterization of Aquaman. A lot of laughs. The Christmas episode was pitch perfect, to me.

I think kids will find it fun and maybe that will lead them to the comics themselves.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Never really cared for the Neal Adams Green Arrow costume.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Action Martin
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                Never really cared for the Neal Adams Green Arrow costume.
                                Me either.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎