Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Catwoman looked a lot better this week. Last week,there was just something about her look that seemed a bit off to me.
    She had cheekbones that could cut through steel in the Bat-Mite episode. I guess they made her more cartoonish and nightmareish there.

I really liked this design. The first time the classic costumed Catwoman appeared on screen (except for those awesomely animated Zeller's commercials of the 80s).

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Wow. This episode was MUCH darker than any others. It almost seemed to come from a different series. I saw where J.M. DeMaittes wrote it. He seem to either be BWAHAHA or deadly serious. I think it's good to throw some substance in every once and a while. It was a bit of a downer though.

Loved the over-the-top intro (which did seem to belong to the series). I do think the GA car has a bit of the Mego design influence in it. I think the Joker's hot air balloon crash into the statue of Justice's sword may have been a bit of a nod to The Batman series, where the Joker's blimp did the same in an early episode (maybe even the pilot?).

Chris
      Demaittes even did that with JLI so it wasn't shocking (but with this show dark isn't the way to go that is where BAS excelled)
      I think the GA car is a bit mego but obviously it is also to allow it to be the arrow plane too (not sure how I feel about the mask like changes the batmobile does I would rather he had different vehicles)

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

^That you can tell is aimed at the kids. They want them to have that wow factor with the Batmobile.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

So what did everyone think of their version of Jonah Hex?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Pretty good episode this week. I liked Hex. Given his "Hex" series, him roaming around in outer space in the present isn't any less valid than that. Plus, it allows the show to use him again without going through a weirdo time travel excuse (although I'd love to seem them use Dr. Nichols to send Bats back in time). Although it makes me wonder how Batman met him in that teaser awhile back.
            sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
              • Aug 8, 2007

not bad but i would have preferred a tme travel story over warworld I am so done with mongul and war world. seems odd for me to see steppenwolf without new gods

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

And Lashina and Stompa too. I was expecting a few more cameos like that, but the only other character I recognized was a Gordanian (the race that enslaved Starfire in Teen Titans).

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I was half expecting Darkseid to show up really ticked off and kick Mongul''s teeth in.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Big Jack Attack this week...Mr. Miracle and Barda in the teaser, and Kamandi as the main guest star!!!

The World's Finest

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Video Clips of the Jack Kirby Episode have been posted here...
                      Comic Book Resources > CBR News: Jack Kirby is Brave & Bold!
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Can't wait for this show to be released as a season DVD....
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          Video Clips of the Jack Kirby Episode have been posted here...
                          Comic Book Resources > CBR News: Jack Kirby is Brave & Bold!
                          is it just me or does this Oberon look like a little person drawing of SAS Dan Turpin (who in reality was drawn as Jack Kirby)

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Man,does this show love geeks or what? You've got Tiny who reminds you of King Kong. You've got Grodd paraphrasing Beneath Planet of the Apes.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

The Mini Cartoon this week with Mr. Miracle was too cool imo.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Brue
                                User without title
                                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                                Man,does this show love geeks or what? You've got Tiny who reminds you of King Kong. You've got Grodd paraphrasing Beneath Planet of the Apes.
                                while those two homages were nice, this episode left me wondering why they bothered. IMO this is the lamest one of the series.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎