Part-Time Timelord
    • Jan 9, 2006

they're all looking great.
    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Here is my old General Ursus, and looking at it I figured I could do better. So...I filed away some of his face and resculpted. To me he looks better now. I really should not be futzing with General Ursus because I am waiting for a Hasbro helmet to come in the mail, but I can't help it. I'm also going to re-do the muzzle of Dr. Maximus.

Last edited by jessica; Dec 15, '08, 1:12 AM.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Here is the original Dr. Maximus I did. I was at first excited about the way he turned out, but now not so very impressed. I spent some time shaving off or whacking off the Apoxie from his face and around his head. His hair was too tall and I knew I made his muzzle too big. I knew I could do better, so I went at him.

Here is a resculpt of his top muzzle and nose. Kind of hard to imagine how he will look, but I am hoping better than this!!
        Last edited by jessica; Dec 15, '08, 12:24 AM.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Some Galen (TV series) progress shots...

To do list:

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Wow, Jessica, I'm blown away!

P.S. I have not forgotten about burning you some songs...I'll get going after the holidays...it's kinda hectic right now in my household, lol.

Don't worry, I'll hook you up soon enough.

sigpic

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Should have taken progress photos, as it is quite fun to see something develop, but I was too lazy to grab the camera. Here is Burke before a re-do:

And here he is now, curing and ready for a nice paintjob. It's the first time I tried sculpting "Ada" hair...I also retouched his face with a little bit of Apoxie to bring out as much James Naughton as I possibly could out of the head:

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

I'm going to take a hammer to Burke's hair tonight if I can't smooth it out with more Apoxie. I think the hair needs some more tweaking. It looks too rough.

Oh...and the General Ursus Hasbro helmet came, but it's too small so I will have to resculpt it. No biggie. More practice for me.
                Last edited by jessica; Dec 19, '08, 2:35 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Tadah!! I wacked at him with a small hammer. His head bounced around the plastic bag a lot. Apoxie is pretty hard stuff. Glad the right side of his face stayed on, as that was the better side. I guess luck is on my side...

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

This is a re-do of Burke's hair, which was done in Super Sculpey. The nice thing about it is not having to feel pressured to complete the sculpt before it cures (like Apoxie). His face will need to be sanded smooth, too. I added a little to the sculpt to bring out as much Burke as I possibly could out of the head.

I just remembered that I have another head on my desk at work that I need to bring home so I could try making a Virdon out of it...
                    Last edited by jessica; Dec 21, '08, 2:20 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• spiderrogue
                      new mego-er
                      • Feb 3, 2008

cool!!

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

I hope he looks like Burke. Last night he was looking a lot like Bill Bixby. Actually, I tried sculpting the hair last night for an hour or two and took that hair down today because it didn't look that great, and I didn't feel like I was able to recapture Burke's image. I used Ada's Burke sculpt as a reference for his hair and sculpted the hair while I waited for the boys to finish their piano lessons...so it took about an hour and a half to do the hair up this way (not counting the two hours I spent on it last night).
                        Last edited by jessica; Dec 20, '08, 9:15 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• censy
                          thread killer
                          • Sep 26, 2007

I can't believe how great these sculpts are Jessica. I know who they are before I even read the accompanying text.

The Burke figure is built on an actual Burke? I don't recognize that figure…where is he from, who made him?

Chris

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Chris, I will ask my friend if he knows who made that headsculpt and where it came from. It's not really a Burke sculpt...just a stand-in. I don't know my figures at all, who makes them, etc. We were all gunning for Ada Chan to knock a Burke sculpt out of the park, but her sculpt was really really off...quite disappointing, really. Too big for a Mego and too small for 1/6 scale. I told my friend I could try to sculpt Ada style hair on his Burke stand-in, so he sent it to me to see what I could come up with.

I am so tempted to give Burke a slight nose job, but I'm too scared to do anything that drastic. The nosejob would require me to dremel the sides of the front part of his nose and a very steady hand. Very very tempting. I think I will try the nose job on cast and not mess up the original.
                            Last edited by jessica; Dec 21, '08, 2:10 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• yokaijohn
                              Keep it coolin', baby
                              • Oct 1, 2008

Good-Luck!
                              Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Chris, I am still waiting for my friend to get back to me, but another toy collector had mentioned that the Burke stand-in could be a possible Dragon DML Headsculpt, from the German WWII MG34 two pack.

Edited to say, it is confirmed, and it is Erich from the German WWII MG34 two pack.

The head is for sale on Ebay right now. Seller is located in Hong Kong.
                                Last edited by jessica; Dec 21, '08, 6:30 PM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎