Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

I guess I'll have to bake it one more time to add the other fluff. It took forever to sculpt this itty bitty bit!!!!

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Oh wow, that is really gonna kick *** when done
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Thats stunning stuff, how do u add all the details, scalple?, it really is amazing, is this just a hobby, or do u do something like this for a living?

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by alex
          Thats stunning stuff, how do u add all the details, scalple?, it really is amazing, is this just a hobby, or do u do something like this for a living?
          It's for fun and because I'm too poor to buy the good stuff. It would cost me a lot of $$$ to hire a sculptor to make me my apes...so I had better just get cracking and get better.

I used to use whatever I could lay my hands on until I upgraded two weeks ago to $15 worth of sculpting tools. These were my tools before my upgrade...can't remember if I posted them here before.
          Last edited by jessica; Sep 16, '09, 9:59 AM.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I guess we now officially have an "in house" sculptor.
            Great work!

If you ever start taking "orders", I'll be first in line.
            That shield looks like something machine made, it's that accurate....
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

WOW! Great work.

Comment

• critter2
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 2, 2005

This has to be one of the best threads in the museum right now! I too would get in line to buy your ape heads!

Comment

• Tothiro
                  Kitten Mittens
                  • Aug 28, 2008

I'm completely into the hyrule project.
                  You might bevel the edges of the triforce a little more before you bake, but so far it's great work!

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Uh...what is the triforce? Is that the triangle thingy?

To do list:

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Seriously u should go and work for , "sideshow"or something, I tell u, Im not easily impressed, but that is fantastic work.

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Wow, thanks guys! That makes me feel so happy!!

Still trying to massage the pattern to get them to mirror each other! Hoo boy that's tough. Hopefully I can accomplish this tonight. I'll cut down the relief once I am able to do that, and clean it up some...add the bottom fluff of the shield, so that I can bake it. Then I'll work on the back side. Forgot to say that the tiny rivets on the top part of the shield was made by an empty mechanical pencil. Very proud of them. Took me about 20 minutes rummaging through the pencil drawer to find something I could use.

Last edited by jessica; Sep 17, '09, 10:45 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Sure, your sculpts are impressive, but this shield is beyond words. Because of all the tiny, minuscule details. I'm speechless
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Zoiks---this is all I could muster for the evening. I've massaged the filligree on top and I've shaved down the relief a lot. The squiggly parts on bottom of shield is a very rough draft. I'm too tired to plug on. I'll see how I feel about the shield tomorrow, with fresh eyes before I cure the clay.

Eeep...looks like I need to move up the square piece where my pinky finger is photographed. Going to have to dig up the dremel and rework that bit. That's what happens when you eyeball everything and don't use a ruler.

I've massaged all I can to make it work. I ended up using an exacto to remove the square shape on the bottom right instead of a dremel...thought I had more control that way and also less mess. I still need to cure the clay. Once that is done, I will work on the back side of the shield. Still tossing ideas about how I'm going to do that, though...Should I cut through the balsa wood or should I just plop some clay on top?

I want it to look like this:
                            Last edited by jessica; Sep 18, '09, 10:02 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

I'll make a smaller one for my figure. I think the majority of people would outfit a 12 inch figure....and my dolly is about 10 inches tall.

To do list:

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

That arm protector is picture perfect....
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎