Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

I whacked the heck out of Galen today. I have sanded him down twice and he still looked bad, so I took a hammer to him and shattered him. Like Burke, his head danced around a lot in the plastic bag before the Apoxie finally gave in. I will try to straighten out his nostrils before I fire him up in the oven.

This is how he creepy he looked before makeup.

Last edited by jessica; Jan 17, '09, 8:39 PM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

GO Jess!!! GO Jess!!! Its your b-day! Its your b-day! Thats about the best cheering I can do. Always great to see you at work Jessica.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

I tweaked his nose, his muzzle and finished combing through his hair.

Last edited by jessica; Jan 18, '09, 2:26 AM.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Made my first mold yesterday, but the liquid plastic cured in the middle of pouring a cast, so I'm waiting for it to completely cure so I could start a new batch. It's not as easy as they make it sound...But where there's a will, there's a way.

Darn!!!!!! and Double drat!!!!! I ran out of action figures to sculpt on. I'm going to have to trawl Feebay now. I only have two in hand I can sculpt on now...but I wanted to sculpt a male ape. Don't think I'm ready yet for a female ape.
          Last edited by jessica; Jan 18, '09, 10:22 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Most impressive sculpting Jessica, most impressive indeed
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Watch out! The girl is unstopable!
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

I am so PUMPED to sculpt!! Some of my simian friends have said that I should get an extra cast of my face and sculpt my own Zira appliances but that thought is scaring me. I'm currently struggling with sculpting Carsia. I put an hour of work on her sculpt last night and I'm still tweaking her...

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

I am struggling with Carsia. But...seeing it in a photo, I can see where I need to tweak her. I'm going to put her down and walk away. Just waiting for the makeup crew to call me and get my lifemold re-done. Luckily Dan only lives 7 minutes away.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Reworked hair/lower muzzle/slimmed her brow ridges a little. She still looks masculine. I've got the worst headache. I better pop some Tylenol. The makeup crew still hasn't called. It's way too late to be out.
                    Last edited by jessica; Jan 20, '09, 2:01 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

600 mg of Ibuprofen has kicked in. Makeup crew cancelled glop session. Sooooo glad they did. I have to read a chapter for class, and I want to rewatch Up Above the World so High and study Carsia.

I'm not done tweaking, but at least she looks more female.

I think I did it! I recombed the hair on the left side of her head. I'm sure she'll look better once she's painted up. Haven't fired her up yet, so I will rewatch the movie a couple more times, rework her lower muzzle, probably make upper and lower muzzle smaller. Even though I can pause the DVD player to see a screenshot, it's not the same as working off of a photograph on paper for me. Something gets lots in the translation it seems. Oh well. Carry on...make it work. I can't believe I've put in so much time on her already. Usually it takes me not more than 3 hours. Females I guess are very tough to do. Someday maybe I will be able to sculpt Nova since I have not seen one that is believable to me.
                      Last edited by jessica; Jan 20, '09, 4:37 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• blastphemey
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 11, 2008

i cant wait to see all these heads finished on bodies.

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

I totally redid Carsia's face last night. I will work on her again with additional photo references and see if I can massage a pretty face out of the lump of clay.

To do list:

Comment

• AJ Collector
                            The Biggest Little Man!
                            • Aug 24, 2008

You do some serious work!!! kudos.....

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Massaged her again. Going to see what the other apes think before I fire her up and cure her. Maybe walk away and come back, see what else I could tweak to get her just right.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

OMG--I think she's ALMOST there!! Just some minor massaging...but I really think she is almost there!!

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎