Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Thats certainly insane, and thats the first time Ive seen the back of the box, love the poster feel.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Wouldn't those buyers feel...foolish... if the company decides to start back production?

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

I say we all join our collective voices together and raise a huge stink declaring our OUTRAGE over CTVT's unkind, abusive, disrespectful, and overall disregard for fat, balding fellows on a religious kick. Then maybe we could all make a buck or two on all those repro Friar Tuck's.

What can I say? I'm a capitalist at heart.

Comment

• BATMAN89
          Mego obsessed!!!
          • Jul 20, 2010

How are these figures offensive to anyone???
          They banned them because Django was a slave turned bounty hunter.
          The Django figure portrays him as the bounty hunter, not the slave. Geez, people need to relax.
          I'm so sick of the groups, and people being so damn touchy about every frickin' thing!
          If the figure was dressed as a slave in chains, that could be offensive then, but he's dressed like a cowboy and looks really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

An empowered former slave is so much more offensive than, say, an action figure of a living corpse whose intestines come out. Not saying those should be banned either, but c'mon, how are these really offensive? Have these folks been into a TRU in the last 10 years?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Public outrage has NEVER been about anything that makes objective sense.... it's always about "I don't like that so neither should you!" And it always results in this sort of hype for said "detestable" thing.

'Course, sometimes public outrage is staged for this very reason.

Don C.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Chris,

Al Sharpton can't get TV time complaining about zombies, even though much Zombie lore was brought west because of the slave trade.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Ha, good point!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

And why shouldn't we show a figure of a black man in chains?
                    It happened, right?
                    It's documented history. Why not show it? Show how horrible it was.

Ignorance (and not showing the past) just paves the way for more bad things to happen yet again, because new generations don't know what really happened.

This is a movie of a slave regaining his freedom, and they treat it as a bad thing...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ws62k2
                      • Oct 16, 2011

Django figures now banned on ebay. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=787341

Comment

• Saroyan
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 4, 2011

Ebay pulled my auction down 3 times. The second time I got a message saying the title or wording was offensive- but I could re-list without the (non specified) offending word- I thought maybe the word "unchained" was it- so I re-listed and it was pulled again.

The most ridiculous aspects is Ebay's arbitrary enforcement of the "offensive" rule. I did a quick search and found plenty of "Mammy" dolls from Gone with The Wind, as well as a ton of stuff under Birth of a Nation (KKK) not to mention 800 listing for Django Unchained- so an action figure for collectors is offensive but a belt buckle, t-shirt, poster, key chain, etc- isn't ?

Arguing with Ebay is like trying to teach a pig to sing- it wastes your time and it annoys the pig!

Comment

• scifiguy94
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 18, 2009

Are they just banned on US Ebay? I see some listed on the Italian site.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

I placed a bid this morning on a Django Candie figure, just for the hell of it,
                            Here's the email I got around lunchtime:

Thanks for your interest in this listing:

271152286774 - Django Unchained "Candie" 8" Action Figure...Series 1

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
                            -- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
                            -- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.

Important: If you won the item and haven't paid for it yet, you don't need to complete the transaction. If you've already paid for the item, we encourage you to contact the seller to get more information about the transaction. If you don't receive the item, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by the eBay resolution process:
                            If the estimated delivery date for your order has passed and your item hasn't arrived, you can let the seller know by reporting that you didn't receive it.

Ebay sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Saroyan
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 4, 2011

Originally posted by scifiguy94
                              Are they just banned on US Ebay? I see some listed on the Italian site.
                              They may be allowing them on non- usa Ebay sites- I just know they are removing the listings as quick as they can on Ebay USA- the whole thing is stupid- why ban the action figures but allow everything else related to the movie?

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

WAIT...so the 8" is banned but yet the 1/6 scale is okay to sell????!!!!?????
                                Django Unchained Django Real Masterpiece Action Figure

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎