Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Aciton Figures Wave 2 Images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

i think the cards look great. definitely kenner style! would it be too late to take out a rudy wells and add a steve austin figure into the mix? that may help the sales?

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

Personally I think these figures look great, the only criticism is that the first cards (fantastic as they were) are not the same design as the second wave. If I were to collect this line, Id now want all the cards to have faces/shots on them.

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
        i think the cards look great. definitely kenner style! would it be too late to take out a rudy wells and add a steve austin figure into the mix? that may help the sales?
        Yes, it's too late to add another Steve Austin to the mix. It would put things way behind schedule and cost me more money to have another sculpt done.

Originally posted by alex
        Personally I think these figures look great, the only criticism is that the first cards (fantastic as they were) are not the same design as the second wave. If I were to collect this line, Id now want all the cards to have faces/shots on them.
        Photos were chosen primarily as a way to cut costs and help get the retail price down. If wave 2 is successful it would be easy for me to go back and reissue Steve and Bigfoot on photo cards.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I just prordered my set. I wanted to get two, but with all these DC and Marvel Megos, 66 Batman, etc. there's just a TON of new stuff coming out. That may be part of the problem too.

Comment

• Boshek
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 26, 2011

I think I am up to three preordered sets. I might add another if I have to; I want this wave so badly.

Is there a time limit on how long preorders are? Could they it be open longer in hopes more people will order?

Also, I would be willing to pay wave One's prices for wave two. Not sure if that would be an option or if other people would do that too.
            Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Boshek
              I think I am up to three preordered sets. I might add another if I have to; I want this wave so badly.

Is there a time limit on how long preorders are? Could they it be open longer in hopes more people will order?

Also, I would be willing to pay wave One's prices for wave two. Not sure if that would be an option or if other people would do that too.
              I'm letting preorders run through the end of July. If I can't reach the needed numbers by then I'm officially canceling the line.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Just pre-ordered another set. That makes three sets on pre-order.

Comment

• Mattildo
                  • Oct 11, 2011

I just asked my mom and brother to each add a set of Wave 2 figures to my Christmas "want list". I hope everyone realizes that if the series is cancelled, that means NO Venus space probe. I can't help but imagine how cool it would be to have a toy probe be in scale with the figures for a change. I have the original one that Kenner released for their 13" SMDM figure, but it's waaaay too small to play with the large figure. I used to use it with Kenner's mini Star Wars figures and occasionally with some Megos.

I have paper models of both versions of the probe as seen on SMDM. I bought them from a model builder on ebay years ago. The guy does fantastic work. I'm not sure if he's still selling them, but at the time, he had dozens of other cool models from movies and shows. I'll post pics of them after I get them out of storage.
                  Last edited by Mattildo; May 22, '14, 9:54 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

It amazes me that something like the ambigious gay heros would sell better than a genuine homerun as this!

I hope my two preordered sets help make this happen or there'll be three small kids at my house very dissapointed.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

hoping the numbers start picking up. keep the faith!

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        It amazes me that something like the ambigious gay heros would sell better than a genuine homerun as this!

I hope my two preordered sets help make this happen or there'll be three small kids at my house very dissapointed.
                        That's yet to be proven...

Comment

• Boshek
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 26, 2011

The preorder at bbts for Oscar has sold out. I hope that is a good sign!
                          Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Boshek
                            The preorder at bbts for Oscar has sold out. I hope that is a good sign!
                            Unfortunately it's not. The preorder numbers are still much lower than what they need to be.

Comment

• mego73
                              Printed paperboard Tiger
                              • Aug 1, 2003

well, I put mine pre order in Craig and I usually don't get these small scale figures

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by mego73
                                well, I put mine pre order in Craig and I usually don't get these small scale figures
                                Thanks Mike, every little bit helps!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎