Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Aciton Figures Wave 2 Images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boshek
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 26, 2011

I ordered another set on BBTS too. Please let us know what we can do to help these get made Craig.
    Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• Jeff Cope
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 11, 2013

I put an article up on the front page at AFi:

Towards the end of 2013 Zica Toys released the first figures in their 3-3/4" retro Six Million Dollar Man line. The response was very positive and Zica went to work on a second assortment of figures which includes: Oscar Goldman, two versions of Dr. Rudy Wells, the robotic Mr. X, and Barney Hiller t

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by kinostadt
        I apologize if I missed it, but did you ever release an image of the robot face feature for the Mr. X Evil Robot figure? I believe that doing so would boost the pre-sale numbers.
        This feature still needs to be tweaked which is why I haven't shown it.

Originally posted by JFAWWE
        Craig saw your post on Facebook - just updated my pre-order to 3 sets at BBTS.
        Originally posted by Boshek
        I ordered another set on BBTS too. Please let us know what we can do to help these get made Craig.
        Thanks guys, I really appreciate the extra effort on this. At this point the best thing you can do is help spread the word, and convince anybody that's on the fence about preordering these to go ahead and do it.

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
        I put an article up on the front page at AFi:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/h...lar-man-wave-2
        Jeff, thanks a million for doing this!

Craig

Comment

• Jeff Cope
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 11, 2013

Craig, just thinking here. Would it be possible to work out something with Dynamite Comics to promote the figures through their new SMDM comic, even if that meant pushing the release back?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
            Craig, just thinking here. Would it be possible to work out something with Dynamite Comics to promote the figures through their new SMDM comic, even if that meant pushing the release back?
            No I haven't but I doubt they would be interested, especially since they're supposedly working on their own action figure line.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 11, 2013

Good point. I'd forgotten about that.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Just pre-ordered TWO sets from EE, plus the BBP Astronaut Steve/ Barney Hiller, plus EMCE's Spidey trio, PLUS Mike Tyson..........gheesh......I'll have to remortgage my house! LOL
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

I wish Funko would come in and say, "Craig, we need your insight on our Reaction Figures line. Let us help you get that second Wave of SMDM figures out there in exchange for some pointers on how to make our lines something really special as well!"

I just really want SMDM to be a success....and I would absolutely love to see Funko's Star Trek line(and all their other lines) benefit from following the example of the ZICA SMDM line. I like those more than most of my Super-articulated figures!

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

craig, how far away are we on the preorder numbers-- are we at 30 percent and need to get to 80 percent by a certain date?

Comment

• EatTheseCrackersAgain
                      • May 16, 2014

Craig, are you not offering another exclusive incentive figure for pre ordering the full wave thru BBTS this time? I pre ordered and received 4 sets of wave one because of the blue tracksuit Steve ... I want to pre order this new wave but I'm holding off in case you have an exclusive lined up to a particular retailer and haven't announced it yet ... very excited for these new figures! Great job on this line!

Comment

• EatTheseCrackersAgain
                        • May 16, 2014

And sorry if you have already answered this but your stated choices for play sets ... are those your personal choices born out of nostalgia or had you conducted a poll and picked the top choices? Thanks again!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
                          craig, how far away are we on the preorder numbers-- are we at 30 percent and need to get to 80 percent by a certain date?
                          Preorders are at about 30% of what they need to be. It boggles my mind that this is happening because the preoders on wave 1 were very high, and the figures were twice as expensive.

Originally posted by EatTheseCrackersAgain
                          Craig, are you not offering another exclusive incentive figure for pre ordering the full wave thru BBTS this time? I pre ordered and received 4 sets of wave one because of the blue tracksuit Steve ... I want to pre order this new wave but I'm holding off in case you have an exclusive lined up to a particular retailer and haven't announced it yet ... very excited for these new figures! Great job on this line!
                          If there is an exclusive figure offered it will be produced in the same numbers as the standard figures, which means it will be easy to buy.

Originally posted by EatTheseCrackersAgain
                          And sorry if you have already answered this but your stated choices for play sets ... are those your personal choices born out of nostalgia or had you conducted a poll and picked the top choices? Thanks again!
                          It's part nostalgia and part following what Kenner did.

Comment

• Bionic Chris
                            • May 21, 2014

Originally posted by ZICA
                            Here are The Six Million Dollar Man wave 2 cardback images. I'm getting ready to send out preorder information to various retailers today. The new SRP on these will be $11.99 each!

Hello Zica Toys! Thanks so much for producing this line, I bought the first 3 figures and will collect wave 2 and 3 when you release them.

I agree with a couple requests I read, it would be nice to get the Seven Million Dollar Man in his black tracksuit, and to get a Steve Austin with exposed bionics, like a battle-damaged version with tears in his arm and legs revealing glimpses of metal and bionic circuitry.

Also, I'm a fan of your original cardbacks for the first 3 figures, with the animated artwork, which I believe you did to match the original Kenner SMDM 12" action figure boxes (almost completed my vintage MIB set). I understand the request from some people wanting actual pictures of the actors. But wouldn't it be better to pick live action shots of the characters from the TV show, like instead of a simple headshot of John Saxon, why not show him battling Steve? Kenner tended to mix up their Star Wars cardbacks, some had simple headshots, but some had action poses of the characters. Your first 3 show Steve and Bigfoot in action, showing their entire bodies on the cardbacks. You may draw more attention to the new figures with similar action poses from the TV show, at least for a couple of them like Mr. X and maybe alternate Rudy in operating room. But if it's too late, can you at least make the 2 headshots of the Rudy Wells actors similar in size? Right now you have the alternate Rudy Wells with a huge head pic compared to the other. I'm being picky, but you've done a great job so far perfecting these.
                            Last edited by Bionic Chris; May 21, '14, 5:20 PM.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                              • Feb 19, 2010

This is really breaking my heart. All you hear nowadays from collectors is complaints about how the toy companies don't listen or care about what we the buyer like and want and here we have a company that listens and responds to our questions and remarks and is also putting out quality figures. I mean really look at what is being done. Back in the seventies I would have died to have these Steve Austin figures and now they're here. I'm with Craig, this is really blowing my mind that the pre-orders are not where they should be. I would have thought it would have already be at the point it needs to be. Especially since he got the cost lowered on the new figures. I plan to spread the word more for this line to other collectors I know. If we want Craig to tackle other properties we need to support want he has going on now. Trust me I also know how finances are for folks. I'm a single dad on disability raising two children(one who is a special needs child) and I dropped a lot of other lines I collected due to my situation but seeing Zica's Steve Austin figures and how much Craig cares about what he puts out there I decided to give him my business and I am glad I did. If there is anything else we can do Craig let us know. And again thank you for doing figures that bring back memories of happier times.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Bionic Chris
                                Hello Zica Toys! Thanks so much for producing this line, I bought the first 3 figures and will collect wave 2 and 3 when you release them.

I agree with a couple requests I read, it would be nice to get the Seven Million Dollar Man in his black tracksuit, and to get a Steve Austin with exposed bionics, like a battle-damaged version with tears in his arm and legs revealing glimpses of metal and bionic circuitry.

Also, I'm a fan of your original cardbacks for the first 3 figures, with the animated artwork, which I believe you did to match the original Kenner SMDM 12" action figure boxes (almost completed my vintage MIB set). I understand the request from some people wanting actual pictures of the actors. But wouldn't it be better to pick live action shots of the characters from the TV show, like instead of a simple headshot of John Saxon, why not show him battling Steve? Kenner tended to mix up their Star Wars cardbacks, some had simple headshots, but some had action poses of the characters. Your first 3 show Steve and Bigfoot in action, showing their entire bodies on the cardbacks. You may draw more attention to the new figures with similar action poses from the TV show, at least for a couple of them like Mr. X and maybe alternate Rudy in operating room. But if it's too late, can you at least make the 2 headshots of the Rudy Wells actors similar in size? Right now you have the alternate Rudy Wells with a huge head pic compared to the other. I'm being picky, but you've done a great job so far perfecting these.
                                Universal's catalog selection for character images is horrible, really horrible, so the only other option I had was to use screen captures. The guy responsible for making the Time Life DVD set helped me get these images and I'm very happy with how they turned out. If it wasn't for his help I couldn't have done the photo style cardbacks.

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
                                This is really breaking my heart. All you hear nowadays from collectors is complaints about how the toy companies don't listen or care about what we the buyer like and want and here we have a company that listens and responds to our questions and remarks and is also putting out quality figures. I mean really look at what is being done. Back in the seventies I would have died to have these Steve Austin figures and now they're here. I'm with Craig, this is really blowing my mind that the pre-orders are not where they should be. I would have thought it would have already be at the point it needs to be. Especially since he got the cost lowered on the new figures. I plan to spread the word more for this line to other collectors I know. If we want Craig to tackle other properties we need to support want he has going on now. Trust me I also know how finances are for folks. I'm a single dad on disability raising two children(one who is a special needs child) and I dropped a lot of other lines I collected due to my situation but seeing Zica's Steve Austin figures and how much Craig cares about what he puts out there I decided to give him my business and I am glad I did. If there is anything else we can do Craig let us know. And again thank you for doing figures that bring back memories of happier times.
                                Thanks for the kind words and maybe the preorder numbers will eventually get to where they need to be, just not as quickly as I had hoped. The situation seems to have gotten a lot of attention on the ZICA Facebook page so that's something to be optimistic about.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎