Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun - what other 3 3/4 inch lines do you want to grow your Zica Universe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scousebadger
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
    I actually pitched this idea to a company that Dave and I were in talks to work with and they didn't seem to think there was a market for it. I disagree but at this point it doesn't really matter because unfortunately it seems as though the company is no longer interested in joining forces.
    That's very short-sighted. There's not been a lot of Space:1999 merchandise, and certainly not in the 3.75" scale.

And considering the rather cool ships, moonbase control room and accessories that could be replicated in this scale, too.

Look at the response to your SMDM figures, and other companies' retro 3.75" lines. These are toys we would have killed to get as kids, and as adults we have the money to buy them if they're made available.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where you go next!
    Last edited by Scousebadger; Oct 9, '13, 4:54 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Scousebadger
      That's very short-sighted. There's not been a lot of Space:1999 merchandise, and certainly not in the 3.75" scale.

And considering the rather cool ships, moonbase control room and accessories that could be replicated in this scale, too.

Look at the response to your SMDM figures, and other companies' retro 3.75" lines. These are toys we would have killed to get as kids, and as adults we have the money to buy them if they're made available.
      I agree, wholeheartedly!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
        Career Member
        • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Spyweb007
        I'm kinda surprised Space 1999 hasn't been remade yet, seems like it's due. Would have made a good replacement for the new Battlestar sereies when it ended on the scifi channel.
        The production company behind the recent V remake have been developing a series called Space:2099, but I haven't heard any recent news about it. If it were up to me I'd base it on board a futuristic version of the International Space Station instead of the moon. The Eagle spacecraft that we know and love would still play a role.

Comment

• Scousebadger
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
          The production company behind the recent V remake have been developing a series called Space:2099, but I haven't heard any recent news about it. If it were up to me I'd base it on board a futuristic version of the International Space Station instead of the moon. The Eagle spacecraft that we know and love would still play a role.
          Would make more sense for a space station to be blasted out of earth's orbit than for the moon to be.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
            Career Member
            • Jul 30, 2012

Ah hell, how about a revival of the Turbo Tower of power motorcycles/riders? Quite a few things to mine right there. Yeah, I know there would be a lot of tooling involved, but a guy can dream, right?

Comment

• cablerise
              • May 25, 2011

the dune movie, david lynch version

there is a lot of fantastic character...and you could use them for star wars... it's something you must have on mind.

there is also a lot of army builder you could do with this movie.

imagine...an army of atreides defending their land against a legion of stormtrooper.

there is also the omega man, but it's just a phantasm and the thing ( imagine a mac ready, an helicopter, a base playset...)

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 15, 2005

Wow- EVERY ONE of the already listed - Starcrash, totally- plus don't forget ALIENS! Marines and civilians to battle the critters- maybe since the ALIEN line is already a thing, this could happen!
                AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It's selfish, but I'd love to see a continuation of Mattel's Clash of the Titans line: A Calibos' Marsh playset (Kenner SW Dagobah-style) or Ruined Temple playset, and another wave of figures:

*Perseus (red tunic) with Medusa's head

*Andromeda with Bubo

*Zeus with lightning bolt

*Medusa with removable head & bow
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    It's selfish, but I'd love to see a continuation of Mattel's Clash of the Titans line: A Calibos' Marsh playset (Kenner SW Dagobah-style) or Ruined Temple playset, and another wave of figures:

*Andromeda with Bubo

Those would be awesome, actually.

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

I want some figures from Galaxy Quest!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                        Those would be awesome, actually.
                        Re: Clash--I know! I actually lay awake at night mulling it over, that & Mego-style Addams Family figures...
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne

*Andromeda with Bubo

Oooh, with a large scale kraken and captive Andromeda;

Perseus and Pegasus;

Poseidon;

Zeus on throne;

Athena and owl

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 30, 2012

Spaceballs. Need I say more? May the Swartz be with you. Oh yeah, and The Bionic Woman.

Comment

• tmthor
                              God of Knock-offs
                              • Nov 29, 2005

I would really like to see some Starblazers 3 3/4" figures. I really dont think I am the only one.....Am I?

Comment

• Spyweb007
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 18, 2006

Starblazers would be a great line!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡