Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun - what other 3 3/4 inch lines do you want to grow your Zica Universe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jp1977
    • Jun 13, 2013

You can add The Dark Crystal, Back to the Future, Terminator 2 and The Universal Monsters to Super7's list. Also being that this merited a post on Galactic Hunter.com, a hardcore Star Wars Page, you know that the folks at Hasbro have been watching this as well as Zica's Bionic Man!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
      Career Member
      • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
      I actually shared this info on the ZICA Facebook page when I found out about it because it's proof positive that the format is getting popular. Luckily, none of the properties are one of my dream licenses so I'm safe for now. I just hope Super 7/Funko aren't spreading themselves too thin with trying to do so many properties at once because the quality and attention to detail could suffer from it. Also, I think one of the key factors in assuring that this format stays popular is to offer vehicles and playsets. These are what made the format popular back in the 70's and 80's. Sales of the Kenner Star Wars figures were off the charts, but I doubt it would have been like that if there were no ships or playsets to go with them.

Yes, my webpage is pretty much a mess right now. I thought it would be a good idea to let someone else take care of it and so far it's not working out very well.

Any chance of seeing smaller scale versions of Kenner's Oscar Goldman office and the bionic command center to go along with the 3.75" SMDM figures? Maybe even the M3-F5 with a test pilot Steve Austin figure?

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
        Any chance of seeing smaller scale versions of Kenner's Oscar Goldman office and the bionic command center to go along with the 3.75" SMDM figures? Maybe even the M3-F5 with a test pilot Steve Austin figure?
        I've got two playsets planned for the line, the first one being an O.S.I Headquarters. The second one I'm keeping under wraps for now but I can say that it wasn't done for the large scale Kenner figures. If the line does well I would definitely look into getting the M3-F5 with test pilot Steve Austin made.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

Time Bandits!

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

I'm extremely excited about the Funko/Super 7 announcement. I hope it generates a lot of buzz and opens up even more licenses. 3 3/4" Star Wars really got me into collecting. I had a few Megos in the 70s- Batman, Spider-Man, The Fonz and Starsky and Hutch. With Star Wars I had more character than I could count and playsets too. I hope somebody does Star Trek.

Comment

• Aricosaur
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jul 26, 2013

Originally posted by bgiles73
              I hope somebody does Star Trek.
              Hasbro has the Trek license. We just have to hope they do something 3 3/4 with it.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2, 2012

If they were going to, they would have done it with ST: ID.

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Already know about Hasbro, and greatly disappointed by that at the same time. Never thought I would say that but Star Trek fans were treated like a red headed step child ( no offense to any red heads, I love gingers. Especially those that are companions of Time Lords!) The license for Star Trek is so fragmented and all over the place, that I doubt it would prohibit a line of retro style 3 3/4" figures from coexisting with anything Hasbro would produce even if they were.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2012

True. But since Hasbro has just kept their mouths shut on the subject of 3 3/4" figures it makes it difficult to know what their rationale is. Or would be.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

How'z about Happy Days.....Three's Company.....or Bravestarr?
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

I'd love some Three's Company figures. Sanford and Son would be fun too. I really do wish Paramount and CBS and Hasbro and Diamond Select Toys and anyone else with any kind of say in it, would just get things together and bring us a 3 3/4" Star Trek line too. Sad thing is, it looks like all Hasbro's plans for Star Trek is just those Kreo building sets. Maybe for Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, but with JJ Abrams jumping over to the Star Wars franchise, I get the feeling Star Treks going to end up going back to a niche property. God I hope they prove me wrong.

Comment

• jp1977
                          • Jun 13, 2013

Just curious that the Six Million Dollar Man line doesn't figure as prominently on the home page as I thought it would. Hope the line is still moving along ?

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by jp1977
                            Just curious that the Six Million Dollar Man line doesn't figure as prominently on the home page as I thought it would. Hope the line is still moving along ?
                            The line is moving along very well. I've seen pictures of the tooling samples and now I'm waiting on the painted samples. Once those get approved production will start.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 30, 2012

3 3/4" scale Miami Vice figures anyone?

Comment

• bgiles73
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 14, 2010

Yes but gotta have Magnum PI too!

Comment

Working...