Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich
    • Jun 3, 2013

Craig, The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Bigfoot are fantastic. I can't wait to buy this. Could you possibly make the original Charlie's Angels in the same format, only with sculpted hair, since nobody is going to brush that stuff. lol It would be the very first time in history, that a Lee Majors and Farrah Fawcett action figure could stand side by side. How cool would that be!!!

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Those are all really cool suggestions and if I could make retro lines for all of them, after winning the lottery to fund the projects , I would. There are a few properties that I would really like to do, and if the SMDM line is a success I'm going to start working toward getting those licenses. What I would really like to see happen is for other companies, who already own a license or are considering acquiring one, to ask me for help in developing similar projects. That would be the ideal situation.

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by saintsyn
        I have the PERFECT idea for the Fembot based off of an old line of toys whose name escapes me.... Basically make the Fembots hair removable and have the head be two sided... That way the hair covers whichever side you want hidden. Then you just pop off the hair twist the head around pop the hair back on and viola!
        That's a great idea--I like that a lot.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Big Bad Toy Store is taking preorders! The special promo set will only be available until 07/31/13. After that time retailers will have the choice to charge a higher price for the variant figure. Please support this line!

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I will spread the word to as many message boards as I can. I want to see more like these.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Craig, could BBTS be provided with images of the packaging mockup? I think the pink logo is part of the appeal, and might help pre-sell.

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
                I will spread the word to as many message boards as I can. I want to see more like these.
                Awesome! Thank you very much

Originally posted by Hedji
                Craig, could BBTS be provided with images of the packaging mockup? I think the pink logo is part of the appeal, and might help pre-sell.
                I'm holding off on showing the packaging until the character illustrations are finished. I wanted to use photographs like Kenner did on their Star Wars and Indiana Jones lines but it just wasn't an option. Source material for photographs of the characters is extremely limited. However, the artist who's doing the character illustrations also did the revamped logo so I think people will be very happy with the final product.

Comment

• Ben
                  mego nut
                  • Nov 18, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                  Big Bad Toy Store is taking preorders! The special promo set will only be available until 07/31/13. After that time retailers will have the choice to charge a higher price for the variant figure. Please support this line!
                  Put my order in.....love this line

Comment

• nazgul
                    Lord of Light
                    • May 2, 2011

Got My preorder in! Thanks for the heads-up!
                    You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

These look great!

Will they come carded? If so, will they be resealable?
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by drquest
                        These look great!

Will they come carded? If so, will they be resealable?
                        Thanks!

Yes, they'll be on 9" x 6" blister cards just like vintage Kenner Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures. The packages won't be resealable. I know this won't be collector friendly but I think a resealable package would really take away from the vintage aesthetic I'm trying to capture with the line. The variant Steve Austin figure will be in a white mailer box, similar to what Kenner used for their promotional figures.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                          Mego Dork
                          • Nov 9, 2008

I'm sharing and posting links everywhere... I really want to see this work out. They are so cool! Pre-Order also coming soon.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by ZICA
                            Thanks!

Yes, they'll be on 9" x 6" blister cards just like vintage Kenner Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures. The packages won't be resealable. I know this won't be collector friendly but I think a resealable package would really take away from the vintage aesthetic I'm trying to capture with the line. The variant Steve Austin figure will be in a white mailer box, similar to what Kenner used for their promotional figures.
                            GOOD! I hate resealable clamshells. Complete classic style is the only way to go with these!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Just order two promo sets. Unfortunately, they aren't offering cases, but if I find cases somewhere for a decent price later on, I will cancel the BBTS order, and reorder from them.

This wait is going to be excruciating. I NEED these NOW!

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                                Just order two promo sets. Unfortunately, they aren't offering cases, but if I find cases somewhere for a decent price later on, I will cancel the BBTS order, and reorder from them.

This wait is going to be excruciating. I NEED these NOW!
                                Actually I'm not even sure how many will come in a case at this point. Once I have that info I'll be sure to post it here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎