Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
    I just preordered the first three figures today, from BBTS. Is Wednesday still the last day for the preorder promo special? If so, anyone who wants it better order soon. I waited till the last minute, because I was saving up, hoping to buy two sets, but with all the other toys I want coming out this month and next, I had to limit myself to just one set for now.
    Yes, Wednesday is the last day that retailers who are taking pre-orders are required to sell the 3 figure set at a special price. After Wednesday they are free to charge a higher retail on the Steve Austin variant figure (blue tracksuit) and sell it individually. In the set it retails for $10.00, by itself I feel like they'll probably ask the standard SRP of $20.00.

Comment

• Aricosaur
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 26, 2013

These figures caught my eye when they were on the bbts newsletter a while ago. I've never seen an episode of Six Million Dollar Man, it was off the air before I was born. However, something about this set of figures piqued my fascination. I will say I love the retro-style Rocket-Firing Boba Fett from 2010 (it's standing in front of my computer monitor right now).

I read the wikipedia about the show and lurked this forum and even bought some of Dynamite's current "The Bionic Man" comics to get an idea about the story (I get comics each week anyway, though I had never taken note of the Bionic Man comic before now.)

Well, I finally pre-ordered the set and I'm excited to see where the line goes, especially if there are vehicles.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 11, 2013

It's gettin' crowded in the SMDM marketplace. Dynamite Entertainment (publishers of the Bionic Man comic book) have formed Dynamite Toys and one of there first lines is Six Million Dollar Man. From the PR, "Our anniversary in 2014 will see some exciting new releases, including action figures, a statue, and novelties relating to The Six Million Dollar Man, timed to celebrate the character's 40th anniversary," says Barrucci"

Nothing is said about style and scale, but I'd be wiling to bet they'll be 6 or 7 inches. I'd love for a more realistically styled 4" line to display next to the ZICA figures.

Here's a link to the PR: http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/pr...=PR09271392525

Just wanted to post it here for fellow SMDM fans, not to detract against the wonderfulness that Craig is creating with his line.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
          Career Member
          • Jul 30, 2012

My quess is that Dynamite's SMDM figures will be based on the character designs from the current comics. I like the look of Steve Austin's bodysuit in that book. Would be great to possibly see them produce repos of the original 13" Kenner figures in vintage style boxes. Good way to fill holes in the collection. Just felt a sharp pain in the checking account, though.
          Last edited by Bionicfanboy66; Oct 5, '13, 2:05 AM.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 11, 2013

Wow! It's a great time to be a SMDM fan! Dynamite will be publishing a comic book continuation of the series!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
              Career Member
              • Jul 30, 2012

Wonder if Lyle Stenning and Fortress will show up in the comic?

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 11, 2013

Here's an interview with the writer:

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Just wanted to let everybody know that production is getting started on the Six Million Dollar Man figures and they should be here by early to mid December. Just in time for Christmas!

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Great news Craig! Can't wait to get my triple pack!

Comment

• Aricosaur
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jul 26, 2013

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
                      Wow! It's a great time to be a SMDM fan! Dynamite will be publishing a comic book continuation of the series!

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26905.html
                      I had never seen the original TV show when I ordered the figures so I have been getting back issues of the current Dynamite series to get a flavor of the story. I've mostly enjoyed it so I'll be excited to get comics inspired by the original show.

I have also recently gotten the first two seasons on DVD (got them on sale in a combo pack) but I haven't had time to start watching yet.

Originally posted by ZICA
                      Just wanted to let everybody know that production is getting started on the Six Million Dollar Man figures and they should be here by early to mid December. Just in time for Christmas!
                      Cool. I hope I can scrounge enough money to buy a second set to keep in the package!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Aricosaur
                        I had never seen the original TV show when I ordered the figures so I have been getting back issues of the current Dynamite series to get a flavor of the story. I've mostly enjoyed it so I'll be excited to get comics inspired by the original show.

I have also recently gotten the first two seasons on DVD (got them on sale in a combo pack) but I haven't had time to start watching yet.

Cool. I hope I can scrounge enough money to buy a second set to keep in the package!
                        I bought the the complete series set from Time-Life a couple of years ago. Best investment I ever made. This show still holds up even after 40 years. A friend of mine mentioned that she and her husband were considering getting the set for their grandkids. Looking forward to reading the new continuation comic. Just wish the original Cyborg novels would come back into print.
                        Last edited by Bionicfanboy66; Oct 10, '13, 9:42 PM.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
                          Here's an interview with the writer:

http://www.newsarama.com/19140-nycc-...n-6-comic.html
                          Interesting stuff, even though I don't agree with what he said about the reunion films, but to each their own.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by ZICA
                            Excellent news! I can't wait!

Comment

• Aricosaur
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 26, 2013

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
                              I bought the the complete series set from Time-Life a couple of years ago. Best investment I ever made. This show still holds up even after 40 years. A friend of mine mentioned that she and her husband were considering getting the set for their grandkids. Looking forward to reading the new continuation comic. Just wish the original Cyborg novels would come back into print.
                              I got the first two seasons as a bundle pack on sale at Target for about $17. I had to go back today and get a couple of things and the set is still on sale (as of 10-11-13) and they had just gotten season 3. It was about $15-16, about the same price as the first two season bundle pack.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 11, 2013

I just got Season 1 via Amazon (wish I'd known about the Season 1&2 set at Tsrget, but c'est la vie). In rewatching the show for the first time in nearly 40 years (!) it's really getting me even more jazzed for the figures than I already was!

Something I think would lend itself well to the line is another page out of the Kenner playbook (albeit the post- 70s playbook). I'd love to see mission-specific Steve variants like Deep Dive Steve Austin, Spacesuit Steve Austin, Desert Mission Steve Austin, etc. I think stuff like that could be a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎