Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikey1974
    • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by ZICA
    I don't think sanding would work. Heating them up and attempting to bend them into shape would probably work better.
    i'll give that a try tomorrow with the old hair dryer....

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by mikey1974
      i'll give that a try tomorrow with the old hair dryer....
      Seems like I've heard people mention that if you heat plastic up to reshape it and then quickly expose it to extreme cold it should make it stay in the new shape. I guess heat the soles up with the hair dryer while holding them in the desired shape, and then shove your hand into the freezer. I'll have to give this a try myself with one of the prototypes.

Comment

• mikey1974
        • Feb 28, 2011

yeah,i've done that before with some other toys....sometimes it works,but sometimes it just bends back into the original shape again once it "de-freezes" and reaches room temperature again... there's no way to know either way until you give it a try...

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Please post photos before and after mikey! It's good to know how to fix stuff.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• mikey1974
            • Feb 28, 2011

one more question Craig,then i'll leave you alone tonight!

wait,actually i've got 2....

1) will there be any way to order the remaining Series 1 figures seperately from each other? i plan to get all 3,but would also like to pick up an extra 1 or 2 Draconian Guards to make a diorama display with them,but will i have to buy 3 full sets to do that?

2) do preliminary plans have Wilma in the Earth Defense Directorate white uniform (with helmet? ) ,or one of the multicolored spandex outfits?

Comment

• mikey1974
              • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by jessica
              Please post photos before and after mikey! It's good to know how to fix stuff.
              will do...it's really quite easy,just got to get the plastic hot enough that it's pliable and bendable...some people use hairdryers,some put the plastic in boiling water (but considering the boots are cloth ,i think i'll go with the hairdryer method!) ,jsut get it really hot,position it to where you want it to be,then i just hold it how i want and just shove it in the freezer (while still holding it) for a minute or 2 til it get's hard and is holding the new shape i want ,then i'll leave it in there for 10 minutes or so....

the problem is,like i said,it doesn't always work...i've had just as many bend back to the original shape once they warmed back up as i've had stay in the new shape...

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

one more question Craig,then i'll leave you alone tonight!

wait,actually i've got 2....

1) will there be any way to order the remaining Series 1 figures seperately from each other? i plan to get all 3,but would also like to pick up an extra 1 or 2 Draconian Guards to make a diorama display with them,but will i have to buy 3 full sets to do that?

2) do preliminary plans have Wilma in the Earth Defense Directorate white uniform (with helmet? ) ,or one of the multicolored spandex outfits?
                1)The way it's looking now Kane and the Draconian guard will be sold in sets, just like Buck and Tiger Man. However, I'm sure the opportunity to by individual figures will be available somewhere. For example, Cotswold Collectibles is selling the Buck and Tiger Man figures individually so they'll probably do the same for the others in the series.

2) Wilma will be in her Earth Defense Directorate white uniform with her helmet. I'm leaving the multicolored spandex outfits to the customizing community.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

great pictures! awesome line! cant wait to get the rest of them!!

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

will do...it's really quite easy,just got to get the plastic hot enough that it's pliable and bendable...some people use hairdryers,some put the plastic in boiling water (but considering the boots are cloth ,i think i'll go with the hairdryer method!) ,jsut get it really hot,position it to where you want it to be,then i just hold it how i want and just shove it in the freezer (while still holding it) for a minute or 2 til it get's hard and is holding the new shape i want ,then i'll leave it in there for 10 minutes or so....

the problem is,like i said,it doesn't always work...i've had just as many bend back to the original shape once they warmed back up as i've had stay in the new shape...
                    Can you hold its correct shape with a pair of pliers and cool off on a block of ice?
                    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Even if sales aren't what I had hoped I'll try my best to see that at least Wilma and Twiki get made from series 2. Not having them would make the line majorly incomplete and that would kill me, especially after what I've been through to make these figures a reality.
                      What about Space Vorvon? :( can you at least do him too if all fails?

Wilma and the Vorvon go together
                      Last edited by Teemu; Mar 1, '11, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• torgospizza
                        Theocrat of Pan Tang
                        • Aug 19, 2010

Those are beautiful! Who would have thought five years ago we'd be getting new Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon and Star Trek figures in 1/9 scale? They would have been nicer to have 35 years ago, but better late than never! You can really look at these and tell the companies' hearts are in it.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                          What about Space Vorvon? :( can you at least do him too if all fails?

Wilma and the Vorvon go together
                          I doubt it. The tooling for Twiki will be expensive so I'd probably be pushing it to get just him and Wilma made.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

I doubt it. The tooling for Twiki will be expensive so I'd probably be pushing it to get just him and Wilma made.
                            sigh....so sales got to be REAL good for him to show up? I figured he would be easy since his tool is a head,hands and costume

Some may laugh...but I'd rather have the space vampire than Twiki
                            I figured you'd release Wilma/Vorvon, and then Twiki/Ardala/Huer in that kind of order...well,I can give you that I'll buy 2 of each to support the line to get all the characters made in both series

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 29, 2003

I've been getting a lot of requests for Dr. Huer so odds are he'll be in series 2.
                              Yes, Please!!!! If you are planning to only release two waves of BR and then move on to other projects (I still hope, that one of these new projects ould be Classic Battlestar Galactica), a major character like Dr. Huer definitely would have to be included before considering any characters that only appeared once in the show!

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 27, 2004

Craig - your tone is concerning :(

Is the line not doing what you expected?
                                Like M.A.S.K.?
                                www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎