Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

great photos. Can't wait to get my set. Should have them in the next day or so.
    I was just looking oper my display cases for sapce to put them and have come to the realization I need another one. oh well, more space to display really cool toys is always a good thing in my book

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i wish my son was still interested in toys as he would have loved this line. but alas, I have to play by myself with my toys.....LOL

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by mikey1974
        okay,i got more questions ( you guys will get sick of me soon enough! LOL!)

- do you have all likeness rights with this property? like (god -willing) ,you get to the point where you want to make an Admiral Asimov,or Michael Ansar Kane, do you have to negotiate with the actor's or their estates,or are theos rights locked up with the master licence?

- could Crichton feasibly be possible?
        No problem, I don't mind answering questions.

I honestly don't know if we have all the likeness rights but the rights for all of the characters we have planned so far fall under the master license. The Michael Ansara Kane has been discussed and nothing was ever mentioned about having to get likeness rights for the character.

Crichton isn't in the plans for now and I seriously doubt he ever will be. The tooling would be expensive and after series 2 I plan to move on to other projects.

Comment

• mikey1974
          • Feb 28, 2011

got another message from my son for you Craig....he said he also wants "That Space Vampire Guy...and put a battery in him so he has red eyes....and those Zombie people who were dead too."

LOL! i've created a monster!

Comment

• mikey1974
            • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by ZICA
            No problem, I don't mind answering questions.

I honestly don't know if we have all the likeness rights but the rights for all of the characters we have planned so far fall under the master license. The Michael Ansara Kane has been discussed and nothing was ever mentioned about having to get likeness rights for the character.

Crichton isn't in the plans for now and I seriously doubt he ever will be. The tooling would be expensive and after series 2 I plan to move on to other projects.
            thanks for the answers!

any possibility of maybe bumping the "macho" figure in Series 2 and replacing it with Dr. Huer,just so we can at least get the full Season 1 set before you move on?

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

. . .

P.S. looks like i'll be buying another set!! my son (who's 7 ) is starting to take an interest in the show a bit (been watching the DVD set recently) ,and when he saw the figures,it definitely got his interest up! so i'm thinking another set is coming my way for him next week (when i get paid again)...

he did have a message for you Craig - he loves Twiki,and he wants a Twiki,or he's not going to be happy! ( an exact quote)
              Even if sales aren't what I had hoped I'll try my best to see that at least Wilma and Twiki get made from series 2. Not having them would make the line majorly incomplete and that would kill me, especially after what I've been through to make these figures a reality.

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

i have one complaint/suggesstion...literally,just one...for future releases,i think it would be best to have all boots/shoes/general footwear be plastic pieces...i simply cannot get Tiger Man to stand,at all,no matter which way i position him...even though you put plastic soles on the bottom of the cloth boots,i still can't do it ( i had him leaning against the wall for all the pics i took)...Buck has the plastic shoes,and he stands just fine for me...
                Why can't he stand? Is it because there is no ankle support? Are his ankles wobbly?

What if you placed neodymium magnets on the soles of his foot and pose him on a metal plate? Do you think that would work?
                Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• mikey1974
                  • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by ZICA
                  Even if sales aren't what I had hoped I'll try my best to see that at least Wilma and Twiki get made from series 2. Not having them would make the line majorly incomplete and that would kill me, especially after what I've been through to make these figures a reality.
                  even if sales drop,and we don't get the full Series 2 set,i would still be immensly happy if you do get those 2 out (as would my son!)...

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

thanks for the answers!

any possibility of maybe bumping the "macho" figure in Series 2 and replacing it with Dr. Huer,just so we can at least get the full Season 1 set before you move on?
                    I've been getting a lot of requests for Dr. Huer so odds are he'll be in series 2.

Comment

• mikey1974
                      • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by jessica
                      Why can't he stand? Is it because there is no ankle support? Are his ankles wobbly?

What if you placed neodymium magnets on the soles of his foot and pose him on a metal plate? Do you think that would work?
                      there's a plastic piece on the soles of the boots (which are cloth) ,but they curved a bit in production,making him unable to stand as his feet don't stay flat...

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

there's a plastic piece on the soles of the boots (which are cloth) ,but they curved a bit in production,making him unable to stand as his feet don't stay flat...
                        Have you tried sanding them flat?

To do list:
                        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• mikey1974
                          • Feb 28, 2011

i think you'd have to take an awful lot off to get them completely flat...

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

I don't think sanding would work. Heating them up and attempting to bend them into shape would probably work better.

Comment

• mikey1974
                              • Feb 28, 2011

something else i just noticed...on Buck,his pants have that "striped" kind of pattern running down them that the uniforms in the show had...cool!

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

I would sand the heck out of them then. It would bug me if the figure couldn't stand on its own. Perhaps removing the plastic soles and gluing down flat plastic replacements. How about building up what's curved with some Apoxie, to create a flat surface, even including some high powered magnets in there while you're at it? Would it look like platforms?

I'm still so very impressed with these toys. They are awesome.
                                Last edited by jessica; Mar 1, '11, 8:24 PM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎