Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike77
    • Mar 7, 2009

Hi Craig,
    Awesome job as usual! Just a quick questions regarding the generic head sculpts. Will they have a more realistic look like your Buck Rogers figures or a more cartoonish mego look. Thanks and I hope 2011 brings you continuing success!

Mike

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Mike77
      Hi Craig,
      Awesome job as usual! Just a quick questions regarding the generic head sculpts. Will they have a more realistic look like your Buck Rogers figures or a more cartoonish mego look. Thanks and I hope 2011 brings you continuing success!

Mike
      Hi Mike,

Starting out the head sculpts will have a more realistic look but at some point I'd also like to offer some that have a slightly cartoonish appearance. In order for my Build-A-Figure line to do well I think it's important that I offer as much variety in as many categories as I can.

I'm actually hoping that other companies will make head sculpts that are compatible with the Z-Bodies. I'm seeing this happen in the 1/6 scale market and it seems to be working out very well for customizers. Same goes for clothing and accessories.

Craig
      Last edited by ZICA; Jan 4, '11, 5:12 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I am definitely going to keep an eye on this thread!
        JediJaida

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Three different breast sizes? Three different BREAST sizes!?!?!?!? I'm buying 30 of them! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!!!!!

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

^^^^

Kudos for saying what we are all thinking!!
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 27, 2004

Looks great craig. Fortunately, keeping the Mego head plug for the male body was a smart move since the variety of vintage and aftermarket heads (as well as all the custom ones to date) make the swap over to your body easier.

Is there any way you can engineer the neck plug to work with vintage figures and accomplish your vision? After all - it's just the plug portion that needs to work?
              Like M.A.S.K.?
              www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Corellian Corvette
                Looks great craig. Fortunately, keeping the Mego head plug for the male body was a smart move since the variety of vintage and aftermarket heads (as well as all the custom ones to date) make the swap over to your body easier.

Is there any way you can engineer the neck plug to work with vintage figures and accomplish your vision? After all - it's just the plug portion that needs to work?
                I sat down with the sculptor at one point and we tried to figure out a way to make the neck plug work with MEGO style heads but just couldn't do it.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

When you look at it, even though we love old school Mego style, the new ZICA female neck line is a lot more natural. To me, Mego Uhura still looks like her head is on a stick.
                  This new body is much more realistic, even though it's a step away from classic Mego.

I wonder: could a vintage Mego head be adapted to fit this new ZICA neck? (looking at the problem from the reverse angle)
                  Perhaps by cutting a larger hole in the bottom of the head?

The only other suggestion I can make: slice off the ZICA neck just above the shoulder/collar bone line (sorry, Craig), and either use putty to smoothen the transition between Mego head and ZICA torso, or let the clothing cover up the "surgery".

I know, it's a Frankenstein approach, but that's what customizing is all about.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I keep hearing that Retro-Mattel looks great on Zica--I'd love to see new Cheetah & WW upgraded!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
                      I knew this was going to be a disappointment for some but the body needs to look a certain way to work with what I'm trying to accomplish.
                      Could vintage/Mattel neck holes be carefully enlarged to fit Zica?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Could vintage/Mattel neck holes be carefully enlarged to fit Zica?
                        It might be possible but the head would probably look very odd when placed on the neck.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

As long as the heads aren't freakishly out of proportion to the body, I won't mind a bit.

With any luck Craig, you are going to be embarrasingly rich from this little enterprise of yours.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

I have a meeting with the sculptor on Friday and we'll take another look at possible solutions to the head compatibility problem.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Cool!

I know that it's waaaay too early to ask, but could you please consider making them in other colors like brown, green, etc.?

The only African American variants available for Mego are Lt. Uhura and the AA Dinah-mite.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                                Cool!

I know that it's waaaay too early to ask, but could you please consider making them in other colors like brown, green, etc.?

The only African American variants available for Mego are Lt. Uhura and the AA Dinah-mite.
                                If the MOQ from the factory isn't too high I'll have the bodies made in different colors. Same goes for the male bodies.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎