Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Oh wow. Just saw the headsculpt. She is a beauty. Finally something that looks like a lady! Bravo. Can't wait for these to start rolling down the line.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• bgiles73
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 14, 2010

Now I'm wishing that in addition to Buck Rogers, ZICA would be producing figures for Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek. Not that I have anything against Doc Mego and EMCE Toys. I'm just really blown away by ZICA's product. If yall do find some kind of way of making a neck adaptor that will work with the classic Mego heads that would be great. My Mego Captain Kirk will still be happy with a few more female additions to the crew. They just won't be the familiar ones.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I just had a thought; since you're going to be selling a generic female head with rooted hair, how about a generic male head with sculpted hair?

That could wait for a while, until the sales start skyrocketing, and then implemented.

Just as long as it isn't as butt ugly as the Al Bundy head at CTVT.
        JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
          I just had a thought; since you're going to be selling a generic female head with rooted hair, how about a generic male head with sculpted hair?

That could wait for a while, until the sales start skyrocketing, and then implemented.

Just as long as it isn't as butt ugly as the Al Bundy head at CTVT.
          That's pretty much been the plan all along but it's kind of fallen toward the bottom of the priority list because of everything else that's going on.

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Hmm, I didn't know that.

Well, just because it's on the bottom of the priority list NOW, doesn't mean that it'll stay there permanently.

Maybe in about a year, you can release a generic male head.
            JediJaida

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

I watched the first episode of Buck Rogers last year after 30 years, and it made me hunger more for the Zica figures...so looking forward to Wilma when she comes out eventually.

Comment

• REMOVED
                • Apr 27, 2024

i like how the head is going. And I love the body.

However, after looking so forward to the release of this body, I'm absolutely devastated that you decided to go with a proprietary neck/head assembly. I can't see it being very useful to customizers working with resin heads -- just as the 12 inch female figures inhibit customizing of females. I hope you reconsider your neck design or consider making some customizable ball and socket piece that you can insert into a hole. I think the reason why 12" male customizing is so prevalent is because there are so many body/neck options available for attaching RESIN custom heads. The female 12" market, on the other hand, is/has been severely limited by the body designs which made it a HUGE hassle to attach anything other than the small variety of Chinese manufactured vinyl heads.

Just my two cents here.

However Craig, if you decide to limit your "build a female kits" to utilize only your own manufactured items, that's your prerogative and I wish you the best.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

hey... look who's back.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by polyester
                    i like how the head is going. And I love the body.

However, after looking so forward to the release of this body, I'm absolutely devastated that you decided to go with a proprietary neck/head assembly. I can't see it being very useful to customizers working with resin heads -- just as the 12 inch female figures inhibit customizing of females. I hope you reconsider your neck design or consider making some customizable ball and socket piece that you can insert into a hole. I think the reason why 12" male customizing is so prevalent is because there are so many body/neck options available for attaching RESIN custom heads. The female 12" market, on the other hand, is/has been severely limited by the body designs which made it a HUGE hassle to attach anything other than the small variety of Chinese manufactured vinyl heads.

Just my two cents here.

However Craig, if you decide to limit your "build a female kits" to utilize only your own manufactured items, that's your prerogative and I wish you the best.
                    This is pretty much what the neck post design will look like for the body. The post is attached to the inside of the neck via a ball and socket design. I'm no customizer but I can't imagine that this design would make attaching a resin head difficult.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                      This is pretty much what the neck post design will look like for the body. The post is attached to the inside of the neck via a ball and socket design. I'm no customizer but I can't imagine that this design would make attaching a resin head difficult.
                      is that the extra big titty size plate? large? or medium?

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                        is that the extra big titty size plate? large? or medium?
                        That pic is only to give an example of the neck post design. The body that's shown is actually 1/6 scale and made by another company.

Comment

• REMOVED
                          • Apr 27, 2024

Originally posted by ZICA
                          thanks for the pic. I used to sell the small Obitsu bodies (which use this neck post type) but stopped carrying them because Mego customizers didn't like the neck posts because it's a pain to attach a head and, more importantly, make it look good and blended with this type of neck, (while maintaining the motion of the neck).

While some customers like to "make" ball joint necks out of wood or epoxy putty (or aftermarket ball joint kits), the majority of customizers don't even want to drill a hole or sculpt anything. They want to paint and do the "fun stuff." How do I know this? Because they ask me to do it.

Anyway, maybe Georg will come up with a neck solution; from a customizer point of view, it's begging for aftermarket neck parts.........

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

thanks for the pic. I used to sell the small Obitsu bodies (which use this neck post type) but stopped carrying them because Mego customizers didn't like the neck posts because it's a pain to attach a head and, more importantly, make it look good and blended with this type of neck, (while maintaining the motion of the neck).

While some customers like to "make" ball joint necks out of wood or epoxy putty (or aftermarket ball joint kits), the majority of customizers don't even want to drill a hole or sculpt anything. They want to paint and do the "fun stuff." How do I know this? Because they ask me to do it.

Anyway, maybe Georg will come up with a neck solution; from a customizer point of view, it's begging for aftermarket neck parts.........
                            Can you provide me with a picture or drawing of what the ideal neck post design would be for female resin heads? I just got a quote back from my sculptor on making an adapter kit and it isn't cheap. Before I would actually spend the extra money on it I want to be sure the design is correct for what is most widely used or preferred.

Comment

• REMOVED
                              • Apr 27, 2024

I think that given the current design, the best option would be a single cylindrical post that is a standard size for drilling a single hole in the base of head -- or casting a hole. If this hole were the same size as a Mego girl neck hole, that would be even better. This doesn't really resolve the issue of integrating the head with the contour of the neck though...... How are you going to do that with your vinyl heads? Do you intend for them to be flat on the bottom of head and just sit on top of the neck?

Most people use mego necks which have their own rotation built into the elastic. They fit into a drilled or cast hole in the resin head and can be glued. Alternately, you can use a one piece head/neck that sits on top of the torso and threads through a hole (not unlike most male figures)...... This is what I do for most of them.

I prefer this way as it eliminates the ugly joint at the top of the throat which makes her look like she got her throat slashed..... and i think it's more customizer friendly, and looks more realistic overall..... I know there has to be a joint somewhere but I think putting it on top of the torso looks much more realistic and eliminates a lot of problems with visually integrating the parts.

A concave/half spherical recess on top of torso at neck joint is also a great option as it would allow for a matching ball joint on figure neck post and this should be a fairly easy adaptor to manufacture.... depending on what is used to connect it to body....

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

I think that given the current design, the best option would be a single cylindrical post that is a standard size for drilling a single hole in the base of head -- or casting a hole. If this hole were the same size as a Mego girl neck hole, that would be even better. This doesn't really resolve the issue of integrating the head with the contour of the neck though...... How are you going to do that with your vinyl heads? Do you intend for them to be flat on the bottom of head and just sit on top of the neck?
                                The vinyl heads will fit over the top portion of the neck, not sit on top of it.

Most people use mego necks which have their own rotation built into the elastic. They fit into a drilled or cast hole in the resin head and can be glued. Alternately, you can use a one piece head/neck that sits on top of the torso and threads through a hole (not unlike most male figures)...... This is what I do for most of them.

I prefer this way as it eliminates the ugly joint at the top of the throat which makes her look like she got her throat slashed..... and i think it's more customizer friendly, and looks more realistic overall..... I know there has to be a joint somewhere but I think putting it on top of the torso looks much more realistic and eliminates a lot of problems with visually integrating the parts.

A concave/half spherical recess on top of torso at neck joint is also a great option as it would allow for a matching ball joint on figure neck post and this should be a fairly easy adaptor to manufacture.... depending on what is used to connect it to body....
                                Thanks for all of the suggestions but at this point I think the best thing to do would be get the body released and see what the customizing crowd can come up with. I talked to the sculptor today and told him to change the conical shape at the end of the neck post to a ball so maybe that will make things easier in regards to attaching resin heads.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎