MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Mmmm tempting at that price.

Comment

• NewForce
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by Wise4671
      Good news Rick can't wait to get the 2 I pre-ordered off you (BTW everyone I have been getting cases from Rick since wave 2 of the Trek Figures and Shipping is always fast and everything is shipped with great care. Very stand up person to buy from)
      thanks for the kudos, you know we have always appreciated yours (and everyone's) business!

Comment

• NewForce
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
        Rick I can't find the bridge on your site. Do you have a direct link?

Sean
        you can always just type "bridge" into the search, but they are under Star Trek, DST, EMCE/Retro catalog

Comment

• NewForce
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by Wise4671
          or you can use the direct link

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Tfaw.com now has the projected release date as 4/22.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Diamond now listing 4/29 as the date.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

I guess if they are pushing back the date by days must mean they are on the water waiting to arrive any day and not weeks as if they haven't left the docks yet.

Lynn

Comment

• drmego
                  EMCE Toys
                  • Jun 15, 2001

It may not be Diamond's choice when the playsets get on a boat.

This is peak manufacturing and shipping season in China - and all
                  the new regulations that just went into effect - are probably causing
                  havoc at the docks, which is exactly why I took a breather on new
                  production.

Congress passed a lot of new legislation last year just before the
                  elections and no one has worked out the details yet. These new
                  regs don't just affect toys - they involve all PVCs - polyvinyl cholrides -
                  which is what the heads are made of. I am not even ordering new
                  bodies until the dust settles.

I hope to find out more in June when I am in China. We will be staying
                  outside of Hong Kong so I plan on having lunch with my guy there - and
                  write the new baby as a business expense!
                  www.drmego.com
                  www.megoman.com
                  www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

When ever it's released, I'm totally getting one.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• NewForce
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      When ever it's released, I'm totally getting one.
                      you might want to preorder one from somewhere, as diamond has alerted me that they are sold out now...I have a basic FOB order, and I supplemented with an advance reorder from diamond, but I tried to advance reorder some more, and nada available...

Comment

• NewForce
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 5, 2008

hello all...
                        we were invoiced for the Playset today, which means we will receive it on Tuesday/Wednesday...
                        however, I just noticed, diamond is only shipping us 40% of our order, so I have inquired as to when balance will ship
                        rick
                        Last edited by NewForce; Apr 24, '09, 8:05 AM.

Comment

• NewForce
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 5, 2008

talked to diamond, my other 60% are filling from my import account...the 40% were reorders I placed with diamond, not my initial order from HK...so, looks like we will have extras to sell to, once received next week, if folks have not found sources (I believe we were the lowest priced, if that helps save folks a few bucks these days)

Comment

• DocDrako
                            Formerly Doc Drako
                            • Nov 11, 2004

Originally posted by NewForce
                            ...looks like we will have extras to sell to, once received next week...
                            That's great news. I procrastinated and missed out on the preorder. If you do have some extras I would definitely be interested in buying from your site. You offer the best price as far as I have seen. Now I just gotta get the money together!

Last edited by DocDrako; May 3, '09, 2:46 AM.
                            "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Eric
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 11, 2008

It's great that these playsets are coming out, but I really think that overall, an opportunity was missed to get the general toy buying public into the retro Mego figures and playset. For us collectors who keep up on when something is released and who (in most cases online) has it, it really hasn't been a problem getting what we need. The only problem for us is patience. As for the average store goer, it's probably a little off-putting seing just two or three characters on the racks and wondering where the rest of the gang is. When these playsets arrive, will they be positioned (speaking mostly about brick and mortar shops) next to the crew? Somehow, the idea of buying a whole playset just to give Sulu and the Gorn a place to chill out doesn't seem that appealing.

As I said, we collectors know what's coming out and when. We WILL fill up that bridge. But for the casual store browsing toy/Star Trek fan the deal may be harder to close.

Comment

• NewForce
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by PCofmisfittoys
                                i'm sure you will be able to find them everywhere. I have seen tons of sites selling them..
                                I agree...there are plenty of places that will have, and no doubt everyone that wants one will easily be able to find....my only point is we are all selling the same item as everyone else, but we presold out , so if we are indeed getting extras and folks haven't yet preordered from somewhere, why not buy from the place that offers it the cheapest

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎