X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Plenty of 2016 Marvel Movie tie-ins besides Deadpool:

Captain America Civil War- Iron Man PLEASE! Who else- Black Widow, what other Avengers?

X-Men Apocalypse- Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler...

Dr Starnge

*I can wait on Gambit

I don't think Fantastic 4 in august will be big enough hit to warrant ALL 4 original Mego Fantastic 4 figures! *sigh* someone once suggested EMCE could include F4's purple space suits in the sets and I said w/ removeable helmets!

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

WOW!! For once the Rumors were right!! IMO I'm glad to see a whole new figure - with 3 all new heads! I think my Custom Deadpool Kicks serious ARSE - But I welcome this set!
      I will get one set for sure. He will need upgradding a bit - but I do not mind at all. Glad to see a figure like this being made - hope they do more!
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Also keep in mind guys - not all of us will agree on who should be made - so while some like this choice - they might not like the next one.

I doubt all of us will ever agree on who is being made and in what order.
        "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

The close up pic on Facebook is awesome... Glad to see they sculpted new gripper hands. I'm impressed

Dave

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Deadpool! Thank you DST/Zach & EMCE/Dr. Mego!!!
            Now I will buy the Wolverine figure for the showdown.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

I will not be buying this (only because I am not a Deadpool fan) but I do think this will generate new fans for the 8" crowd. I still want Dr. Strange, Dr Doom and the FF.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

Yeah, Dr Strange and Fantastic 4 (w/ Dr Doom) have movies coming, too and deserve sets.

Fantastic 4 in original blue/black costumes, 80s black/white costumes, and someone suggested purple spacesuits *and I suggested removeable helmets!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Surprised the Deadpool is even getting made with Disney/Marvel not wanting merchandise out there promoting films from other studios.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• DSTZach
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Mar 1, 2012

Even without a movie, Deadpool is still one of Marvel's most popular characters, even AFTER his poorly received turn in Wolverine: Origins. I'm assuming this whole forum skews a bit older, but the ages of the people who like Deadpool span the 20 years he's been around, so from age 8 (I met an 8-year-old Deadpool this past weekend) to age 38 or more. I'm 37, and I bought X-Force #1-50, and he was in there. Some may even have nostalgia for him.

Spider-Man 2099 just got a new solo title in the post-Secret Wars Marvel universe. I think he's also part of a team book, and has been appearing on the cartoon series. Also, he's kind of awesome. We may not get a full set based on Miguel O'Hara, but possibly a set with other Spidey suits. What can we say, we like Spidey.

Punisher, I believe there is a cool plan for that set, one I can't wait to see.

Fourth figure on the DP box is Daredevil.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks for the clarification Zach. Not surprised at all on the second Spidey set. I'd wager a black suit in there.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megostarwars
                        • Jun 29, 2015

Thanks, DSTZach! Deadpool has always been popular. Hope black/white Spidey costume is in set w/ 2099 Spidey! Punisher also needs a trenchcoat! Glad Daredevil is 4th character!

Is it 4 sets per year or more? Hope Fantastic 4 gets their due! Need a female and a villain!

I hope all original 1970s Mego Marvels are reproduced! Need my Green Goblin!

*And since different Spidey suits can be in a set can the 3 Spider-WOMAN costumes worn by 3 different women be in a set and different Jean Grey IDs- Marvel Girl, Phoenix, 90s Jean Grey? Thanks

Comment

• melkorjunior
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 20, 2014

I'm not sure the kind of people who really love Deadpool and the kind of people who really love the Mego format necessarily overlap to any great degree.

Comment

• drmego
                            EMCE Toys
                            • Jun 15, 2001

Thanks Zach for filling in the blanks. I asked Brian here to hold off showing the Deadpool figures until
                            Monday because I figured once you showed them on Sunday, they were in the public eye.
                            www.drmego.com
                            www.megoman.com
                            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by DSTZach
                              Even without a movie, Deadpool is still one of Marvel's most popular characters, even AFTER his poorly received turn in Wolverine: Origins. I'm assuming this whole forum skews a bit older, but the ages of the people who like Deadpool span the 20 years he's been around, so from age 8 (I met an 8-year-old Deadpool this past weekend) to age 38 or more. I'm 37, and I bought X-Force #1-50, and he was in there. Some may even have nostalgia for him.

Spider-Man 2099 just got a new solo title in the post-Secret Wars Marvel universe. I think he's also part of a team book, and has been appearing on the cartoon series. Also, he's kind of awesome. We may not get a full set based on Miguel O'Hara, but possibly a set with other Spidey suits. What can we say, we like Spidey.

Punisher, I believe there is a cool plan for that set, one I can't wait to see.

Fourth figure on the DP box is Daredevil.
                              High hopes for Daredevil.

I am really interested to see which three looks Frank Castle gets. It would be awesome if one was Army, one was first appearance, and maybe the third could be trenchcoatey. That's how I'd do it, and I'm a genius FYI.

Plenty of options for Spider-man 2099, and although I skew older I have been a fan of the 2099 universe since it was introduced.

Comment

• DSTZach
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by melkorjunior
                                I'm not sure the kind of people who really love Deadpool and the kind of people who really love the Mego format necessarily overlap to any great degree.
                                Deadpool fans have never had a reason to look at Mego figures. Give a DP fan a reason to get into the Mego format, and I'm sure they'll at least give it a look. Fans of Deadpool's rule-breaking, meta personality are often fans of unique, off-beat merchandise, which I would say Mego definitely is.

Besides, even if, say, Spider-Man fans make up a large-ish percentage of people who collect Megos, in return Mego fans make up a pretty small percentage of people who like Spider-Man. It's the same with Deadpool. Any new figure should have the potential to appeal to the entire character fan base -- if it only appeals to Mego collectors, then the market will only get smaller and smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎