• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

yes they will

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
    This may have been asked before but will these heads fit on a Doc Mego body to make 3 figures?
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

I can't pull the trigger on this set yet. It's the $ that's making me wait, but more and more I'm wanting it.
      I think the new head and suit are going to look awesome! I think we have only seen the prototype stuff. I bet the suit will be nice and tight.
      I would probably put the circle suit on an original Mego body, and the new suit on a buff body, and then Peter can go on the original DM body.
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
        • May 18, 2014

Doc Mego, can you tell us when will we see more of the Spider-Man set or prototypes for other upcoming sets? SDCC?

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I want to hope that this goes pretty far and we end up with a lot of different sets. There are some really cool figures that could be reproduced. Goblin with a Glider would be amazing. Maybe even a Hobgoblin!

Unfortunately, with the format and the price point, I'm fearful we'll get maybe 4 sets tops before this ends.

As we saw with the DC line (granted the crappy Mattel bodies didn't help) even having star power doesn't necessarily mean a guaranteed success, particularly with a high price point. FTC works in a way where it's almost direct to consumer, but this will have the typical Diamond middle man process, which is good as far as finding them at retail and such, but creates potential for a quick death as well.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            I want to hope that this goes pretty far and we end up with a lot of different sets. There are some really cool figures that could be reproduced. Goblin with a Glider would be amazing. Maybe even a Hobgoblin!

Unfortunately, with the format and the price point, I'm fearful we'll get maybe 4 sets tops before this ends.

As we saw with the DC line (granted the crappy Mattel bodies didn't help) even having star power doesn't necessarily mean a guaranteed success, particularly with a high price point. FTC works in a way where it's almost direct to consumer, but this will have the typical Diamond middle man process, which is good as far as finding them at retail and such, but creates potential for a quick death as well.
            I would pay $80 for a Goblin with a well-done glider and maybe an extra hand holding a pumpkin bomb before I would the Spidey set.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              I would pay $80 for a Goblin with a well-done glider and maybe an extra hand holding a pumpkin bomb before I would the Spidey set.
              If you don't get Spider-Man, who is Green Goblin going to throw his pumpkin at?
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                • May 18, 2014

Originally posted by drmego
                yes they will
                Can anyone tell me which bodies these are exactly and where can I buy these? Thanks!

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

The biggest key to this line being successful is character selection. You can do Parker, but the alter egos pretty much end there. Ironman is pretty much the only other I could see being desired on the open market. Movie likenesses could make a huge difference. There are several that icould easily beat the price issue. Ironman offers a good 3 suit selection. A first appearance wolverine head and suit could make that set well worth it if done right. Thor with a Kirby head, a comic bearded head and a Hemsworth head with accurate suits would be well worth it. Get a Hiddleston head and that alone could carry a Loki set. Nick Fury with comic, Jackson, and Hasselhoff heads would rule. The price point won't hurt this line at all if the selection is there. This is a high end set and if the product is comparable with the quality seen in the upper level markets, it will do fine.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    If you don't get Spider-Man, who is Green Goblin going to throw his pumpkin at?
                    For $80 I'd rather spend it on a minty original loose Mego Spidey.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome! I want a set!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megocrazy
                        The biggest key to this line being successful is character selection. You can do Parker, but the alter egos pretty much end there.
                        Original Mego Hulk and Bruce Banner would be great as a 2-pack but I think they said they are married to the idea of a 3-pack set. Not sure how you add a 2nd updated Hulk without an actual figure.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

If Doc's 8" Hulk body is used, it could have interchangeable green, grey and red hands. Grey. And red body suits to make grey and red Hulk.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

madmarva

and interchangeable grey and red Hulk HEADS. Kirby Grey Hulk head! Torn white shirt and blue pants for Grey Hulk! Not really familiar with Red Hulk's look. Interchangeable grey and red FEET, too! This would be best way to do Hulk set, sadly no Bruce Banner, though?

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

^That's why I'm afraid this line is gonna fail BIG time, and I really, REALLY want it to succeed. I'm sorry, but this one figure, two outfit mandate is EXTREMELY foolish and limiting in terms of how they can do various characters. I foresee two, maybe three sets actually making it to production before the plug is pulled. What irks me the most is, Marvel will blame either the fans or the format, rather than the execution. Why they didn't just follow FTC's lead I'll never understand. Issue single figure reproductions and sprinkle in new characters here and there.
                              Once again, DC trumps Marvel in the toy dept.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                                ^That's why I'm afraid this line is gonna fail BIG time, and I really, REALLY want it to succeed. I'm sorry, but this one figure, two outfit mandate is EXTREMELY foolish and limiting in terms of how they can do various characters. I foresee two, maybe three sets actually making it to production before the plug is pulled. What irks me the most is, Marvel will blame either the fans or the format, rather than the execution. Why they didn't just follow FTC's lead I'll never understand. Issue single figure reproductions and sprinkle in new characters here and there.
                                Once again, DC trumps Marvel in the toy dept.
                                I agree with this.
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎