Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

I would probably like to buy this from someone here at the museum who orders some extras rather than preorder. I feel a hesitancy to pre order and can't put my finger on why.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

All three Spideys:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

Looks awesome!

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

They're going to use the old standard bodies, not the new bandless style. Bit of a bummer. Not sure if hats just for Spidey, or all, but Paul confirmed at C2E2 it'll be old style bodies. Bit of a bummer, but the mock up looks nice.

Comment

• TomStrong
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            They're going to use the old standard bodies, not the new bandless style. Bit of a bummer. Not sure if hats just for Spidey, or all, but Paul confirmed at C2E2 it'll be old style bodies. Bit of a bummer, but the mock up looks nice.
            I kind of thought this was what the bandless bodies were being developed for, I don't know why I thought that.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by TomStrong
              I kind of thought this was what the bandless bodies were being developed for, I don't know why I thought that.
              I think most of us assumed this as well. At some point Paul said he had to wait to release the bandless bodies because they were going to be used for another project. Too bad this isn't it. Although these may work on the Type S body.

The one thing I'm finding odd is that the extra hands have a flesh colored post. What's that about?

Gotta say the updated Spidey looks much better in this pic than in the promo pic. The suit is much more snug.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                To Fear is Not Logical...
                • Feb 17, 2008

I really like how the Peter Parker looks. I really want to see what the updated Cap will look like and also hope Falcon comes with that set.
                It's all good!

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

they shouldve put a strap for the camera, strange design choice.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Iron Mego

The one thing I'm finding odd is that the extra hands have a flesh colored post. What's that about?
                    For the price I would hope that will be corrected, I also don't see any flesh hands for Petey in the box.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                      I like how Peter Parker looks in this pic, and the Retro Cap'n America looks O.K. However, we need a 70's Cap'n America with a different head sculpt.

That's probably what they will do, right? The Mego Captain America, a classic version and a Steve Rodgers (or maybe a modern Cap).

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

I think that both EMCE's Mego Spider-Man and their classic version (to me, it looks like the version from the 70s live action TV series) look really good.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                          All three Spideys:

That prototype modern looking Spidey looks, uh, "AMAZING." Plus, web pits! If a modern take on Cap is in the offering, I'm buying that set, too!
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                            That prototype modern looking Spidey looks, uh, "AMAZING." Plus, web pits! If a modern take on Cap is in the offering, I'm buying that set, too!
                            I'm with you brother,....We need at least one Cap'n America to look like somewhere in the vicinity of this picture below........Done a few years ago by a very talented member here at the Museum (Megospidey). If the 70's version looks like this....I'm in like Flint!!!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                              I'm with you brother,....We need at least one Cap'n America to look like somewhere in the vicinity of this picture below........Done a few years ago by a very talented member here at the Museum (Megospidey). If the 70's version looks like this....I'm in like Flint!!!

That looks fantastic. I'm not a huge Cap fan but if the 'updated' figure looked like this it would be hard to turn down. IMO the 'updated' Spidey is the weak point of this DST set, I like the Mego and love the Peter, but the head especially of the updated Spidey just looks....off.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Megospidey's Cap is what I keep picturing in my head... which is so insanely good it virtually guarantees I will be disappointed in the DST version. But oh, to dream...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎