• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Bad Monster News

In a Q&A Diamond revealed this nugget:

DSTChuck: Adam, we have been showing the monsters line a year ahead, so you can look forward to the Mole Person, Jekyll/Hyde and Hunchback for Halloween 2013. For Halloween 2014, we plan on Creature and Son of Frankenstein, as well as the Van Helsing figure you have seen pictures of. While it is an original creation, we feel it really fits in the mythos and works well with the line – it’s our thinking that something like that is past due. For 2015, to be honest we have not decided yet. I think we are done with retro figures in this line, and I’m not sure which banks we’ll do after Wolfman and Bride, but we’ll see. Glad you like the line, hopefully we’ll have lots more for you over the next couple years.

and:

DSTChuck: Richard, I think we’re done with retro, and I’m not sure where monsters will go after Son and Revenge, but it is not the economy or the line getting axed, it would be more a matter of us thinking we’ve done all the characters in that realm that we think can support an action figure line. The line has done pretty well for us, but more than that, it’s been amazing for all of us that loved these movies so much to be able to make products based on them.
    Bleah, I was hoping for one more wave, these were brilliant.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Say it isn't so. The quality on these is just nuts. I love them.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Guess I can just pretend the Invisible Man is on my shelf. I figured this was coming.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
        • Mar 3, 2010

Major, major bummer...I assume we're still getting this year's wave, (Phantom and Metaluna Mutant...) Heck, we just saw packaged figures a week or 2 ago....? Should we start a petition for 1 more wave? 1 more wave of 4...? I can't imagine them NOT selling... Hunchback, Invisible Man, Mole Person & Mr. Hyde...? C'mon Diamond / EMCE.... do us a solid & give us just 1 more wave of 4....
        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Thankful for what came out, dismayed that this may be the finale for this line.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm confused--are these the remego Emce monsters, or the Diamond solid figures w/ diorama?

From what they listed, and release dates, I thought the latter.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Sounds like they are talking about more of the all-plastic 7" figures coming, and the Retro/Mego line ending.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ aha, both. Bummer!

I'm a bit miffed at another Creature & Frank with no Inv. Man, Kharis, or Countess Dracula. And why an original Van Helsing--no rights to van Sloan?
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 4, '13, 3:46 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I was really hoping for four more remego figures, that would have made a perfect set IMO. But I feel very blessed to get a Phantom & Mutant.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, this sucks. But, hey, still excited to get the Phantom and Metaluna.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I'm getting drunk.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

was really hoping for an invisible man,that would've been something but they came out with a good number of monsters so that's that.

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

this is a great line ,what does the good doctor say about this?,is emce ever gonna do Data and the Klingon?or will they go the way of Chaple & Vina?,
                            so what besides nazi zombies is Emce/diamond got planned for this format?.its sad news for us monster-fans .

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 3, 2010

This is sad news. This line is arguably the best of all remegos, hands down. I guess we won't get those other wish list characters, but am grateful for what we did get.
                              mego's befo ho's

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎