No announcement yet.

Kahn!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prez.Tonic

Us Mego collectors here in Atlantic Canada are excites as well. My concern will be the availability as well as a middleman here doing a crazy mark-up. I want this figure BAD, but I'm not paying fifty bucks for it.

Hopefully they will be reasonably priced and available from the DST website.

Living in Nova Scotia sucks somes times because I get screwed on shipping costs and mark-ups.

That being said, thank you for keeping Mego alive! I really does mean a lot to me and my brothers.

Comment

• censy
      thread killer
      • Sep 26, 2007

wow.

Great news to wake up to. It makes you realize that anything is possible.

Thanks to all involved for keeping the Mego dream alive.

Chris

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I echo the concern of My fellow Members....will I actually be able to get My Hands on one or two Khan's?? I live in Maine...which is as far north as You can get...next stop Canada!
        sigpic

Comment

• JDeRouen
          Author of Small Things
          • Jun 14, 2001

I have two Hastings within spitting distance of my house. If all else fails, I'll gladly pick them up for whoever needs them.
          --
          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by JDeRouen
            I have two Hastings within spitting distance of my house. If all else fails, I'll gladly pick them up for whoever needs them.
            FREE Kahns! Thanks Joe - I'll take two.

JK

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by drmego
              ... I made the jumpsuit - which explains the lack of sophistication.
              Very Megoey

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

You Da Man Joe! And thank You for My recent order...You've actually been FASTER than anybody else I've ordered from lately!
                sigpic

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

FYI, we online dealers, according to my Diamond rep, will sadly not be able to offer the Khans. Also, there's supposed to be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive as well. Not sure what it is yet, though!
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

FYI, we online dealers, according to my Diamond rep, will sadly not be able to offer the Khans. Also, there's supposed to be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive as well. Not sure what it is yet, though!
                    Good gimic for a new rare chase figure.

How is this making figures more available to everyone who wants one?

I wouldn't be so steamed about it if the Romulan and Andorian were left alone.

Fairness across the board is the decent way to go.

Btw, anyone who want's an FX GAH chase fig can have one for $150 on ebay or $300 at DM.com. And if you want an original Andorian or Rommy, those can be had for about $150 or less these days.

Rare chase figures frustrated the collectors of Playmates and the bottom eventually dropped out.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by hobub
                      ...And if you want an original Andorian or Rommy, those can be had for about $150 or less these days...
                      This is a double edged sword.
                      On one hand I am happy to have complete figures that look like originals but if you had an original - it has lost value.

My Knights are examples of both. I bought the CTVT knights & merry men and sold my original Arthur (with good box, sans crown) and loose Gallahad (missing all accessories) thinking the two originals would more than pay for the 9 replicas.
                      -They didn't - the Arthur had dropped significantly from what it was going for a year earlier.
                      On the plus side I have representations of everyone.

Now - I have a Keeper that will go down in value but I have andorian and romulan that i prob never would have had.

btw - I should qualify this all as CASH value and not intrinsic value because they are wholely different.

Comment

• The Sentry
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 3, 2007

Oh man! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE! I just got off of the phone with Trappy about this and he's absolutely THRILLED! ALMOST AS MUCH AS I AM! BANG UP JOB DOC! Hey Joe, while people are placing orders, I'll take 4!
                        sigpic
                        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• hobub
                          Ghost of a Dead Indian
                          • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by Brue
                          This is a double edged sword.
                          On one hand I am happy to have complete figures that look like originals but if you had an original - it has lost value.

My Knights are examples of both. I bought the CTVT knights & merry men and sold my original Arthur (with good box, sans crown) and loose Gallahad (missing all accessories) thinking the two originals would more than pay for the 9 replicas.
                          -They didn't - the Arthur had dropped significantly from what it was going for a year earlier.
                          On the plus side I have representations of everyone.

Now - I have a Keeper that will go down in value but I have andorian and romulan that i prob never would have had.

btw - I should qualify this all as CASH value and not intrinsic value because they are wholely different.
                          I understand, and I hate to cause debate. I respect Paul's efforts and I am a huge fan of Dunsels. If it means an original Dunsel Mego Line, I can live with the loss of value of my original Mego rarities. I haven't sold them yet. But if it means new Rare chase figures that will replace the high valued Rommy and Andorian, that bothers the heck out me.

Comment

• txteach
                            Banned
                            • Jun 17, 2005

Very cool about the Khan figure but an exclusive? I think the scalpers will chomping at the bit for this. Ebay will be their playground.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by hobub
                              ...an original Dunsel Mego Line...
                              OK I admit it - I had to look it up:

Dunsel
                              From Memory Alpha, the free Star Trek reference.
                              Jump to: navigation, search

Dunsel is a term used by mid-shipmen in the 23rd century to describe a part which serves no useful purpose.

The term was used as an insult (albeit a playful one) to Captain James T. Kirk during the war games test of the M-5 Multitronic Unit created by Dr. Richard Daystrom. Commodore Robert Wesley called Kirk Captain Dunsel, to the confusion of Dr. Leonard McCoy. Kirk's First Officer Spock explained the term only after Kirk had left the bridge, stung by the insult. (TOS: "The Ultimate Computer")

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                                valar morghulis
                                • Mar 8, 2005

Why is this being called a "chase" figure? Becuz the DST description says "limited"? That's how all specialty retail action figures are described these days. EMCE's Klingon and Kirk were "limited", so are the Andorian and Spock, etc. I'm sure Khan will be made in sufficient quantity to sate collectors, just as the other EMCE offerings have been.

And as I said earlier, Diamond may not be offering Khan to the usual online dealers, but there's nothing preventing a dealer from buying a substantial wholesale allotment from the outlets that ARE able to offer it. NewForce has done this many times over the years with exclusives, and then the figure is available to any who want it, at a minimal mark-up over the figure's original cost. Sometimes he even offers them at the same wholesale price he paid.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎