Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

if your paying for those rights - you better be pushing out as much as you can! or you should be.
    sucks when you start a line and than is cancelled - really does.

only line I was ever happy to see get shut down was the mattel justice league and unlimted line
    all those exclusives, and target exclusives drove me nuts. I would never find a figure on the peg! got stuck getting most of them from e bay. I was happy they killed it so i did not have to worry about it anymore.

Originally posted by bobws
    I'm Up for some custom BSG heads.
    Just wondering if NBC cancelled the deal with BBP or the contract is ending and they don't want to renew?
    Also if you only have a contract for 2 years you really need to push out characters faster before your contract expires.
    That goes for BSG and SMDM and Doctor Who. A shame we only got what we did when the fans would have kept these lines going.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• megotastic
      Museum Super Collector
      • Oct 18, 2012

ive edited this because it was too harsh-or sounded too harsh- i have to say i think bbp figures are fantastic- i know there were problems with whos second wave being delayed on a ship or something and i know many colectors are disapointed that planned figures arent coming out- but it happens all the time guys- if the demand isnt there we cant expect them to be made- and if they dont have the licence what else can they do?

i count my blessings that the bbp figures that did come out are some of the best-if no the best figures ever made for those licences

the who figures kick *** over the originals bbp- we salute you.

i think theyre the best re megos on the market.
      Last edited by megotastic; Mar 21, '14, 6:24 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by GUYx1
        The Ovion we all know and love came from the Galactica trading cards (deleted pre production photos)
        ??? Do you mean the Mattel Ovion, or is there a BBP Prototype I'm not aware of? Can you explain what you mean, and maybe give a Topps card number reference? I'm intrigued!

Comment

• megotastic
          Museum Super Collector
          • Oct 18, 2012

re buck rogers i think it was a really bad idea to do tigerman as one of the first 2- it needed to be Twiki even tho it would have been expensive,
          Last edited by megotastic; Mar 21, '14, 6:20 PM.

Comment

• GUYx1
            FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
            • Apr 20, 2005

One of the Topps cards

The BBP Prototype you were unaware of...

If you go through the cards there are many Ovion scenes

If you watch the 1st BSG film,
            you actually see more of the dressed up ovions looking like this

This is designated as an OVION GUARD.

There is also an Ovion Queen, as shown with her drones

The variations are kinda trivial, but you could go nuts with it if you wanted.
            Which is why I was hoping that ONE might get made so I could go crazy making robes, painting them GOLD and adding harps, etc.
            I'd be happy to geek out about ANY Ovion at this point. Anyone considering making them seems to want to invest a lot of time
            & $$$ into making it right (even as a custom) , which means it wall take a lengthy time and may not actually happen, due to all the work involved and all the parts.
            Last edited by GUYx1; Mar 11, '14, 2:43 PM.
            Cheers,
            Guyx1

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

That's very cool. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                That's very cool. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
                Agreed! I love and share your enthusiasm for the BSG retro line.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• skullface
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 29, 2012

I dont know why the the prototype has the feelers o n the head none of the pics show them, one shows something but its on the nose but not on the back of the head. Seems like a modded hulk body could be used. Along with a vest from planet of the apes mego.

Comment

• GUYx1
                    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                    • Apr 20, 2005

Technically the Ovions are a tad shorter than humans. Hopefully this can all turn out cool. Well Nobody came up with heads on the board, so I shopped around professional sculptors.
                    I'm a little woosy as the costs for human sculpts and such are adding up.
                    I am trying to find a good way to make certain the head ends up in proper mego proportion right off the bat when it gets manufactured. Anybody have any tips on what advise to give the 3-D sculptors and manufacturers? Which head do you recommend as being the best Mego scale to compare with? John Boy? Alan Verdon? I am trying to avoid losing money on heads that are the wrong scale.
                    Cheers,
                    Guyx1

Comment

• VulcansFury
                      Museum Patron
                      • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                      We do not sell prototypes. Additionally, it is our understanding that the view of NBC is to not renew this particular license for BSG at this time - to anyone. This is our understanding but this may or may not reflect the official view of NBC/Universal.
                      It blows my mind to think that NBC doesnt want to license out classic BSG to anyone with cash in hand asking for it. I'm such a sucker for BSG that I want the 8inch stuff, but I also want Funko to do 3 3/4" retro AND 6inch Legacy!

Comment

• megotastic
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Oct 18, 2012

still waiting

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by GUYx1
                          Technically the Ovions are a tad shorter than humans. Hopefully this can all turn out cool. Well Nobody came up with heads on the board, so I shopped around professional sculptors.
                          I'm a little woosy as the costs for human sculpts and such are adding up.
                          I am trying to find a good way to make certain the head ends up in proper mego proportion right off the bat when it gets manufactured. Anybody have any tips on what advise to give the 3-D sculptors and manufacturers? Which head do you recommend as being the best Mego scale to compare with? John Boy? Alan Verdon? I am trying to avoid losing money on heads that are the wrong scale.
                          I'd look at the first generation of Mego heads. Like Superman or even Mr. Fantastic. Both were excellent sculpts.

The ones that you REALLY have to look out for, are the female sculpts. Dinah's head, in comparison to the heads of the Supergals, or even the Waltons gals, was rather tiny looking. I took a measurement of the head circumference and it turned out that there was a significant difference between them.

Dinah's head, with hair, is roughly 3.5" in circumference.

A Doc Mego head, without hair is about the same.

The height of the head is what you want to watch out for. A DM head is four inches tall, while Dinah is 3.5" tall.

To keep a proper scale for a female head, you'd have to make sure that the head was that height, without sacrificing any detail.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• nobody
                            banjo!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

When I shrink I use Kirk as my prototype.

Comment

• GUYx1
                              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                              • Apr 20, 2005

The person I am working with makes Hot Toys quality sculpts. His female characters will be photo realistic likenesses, but have hair wigs.
                              This kinda presents some issues with MEGO downsizing. Someone would need to sculpt hair on the female figures.
                              The fact that he is having to pay out of his own pocket to get each of the heads made means that he is starting from scratch with
                              the initial characters. So it could be years before we get to Baltar & the aliens.
                              Making sculpts like that isn't cheap. I'm just hoping he doesn't run out of money to fund as many characters as he wants to do.
                              The 1/6 sculpts are on another level to BBP sculpts.
                              However we still may only see exactly the same characters BBP made or even less characters,
                              because there simply isn't enough of a market to warrant additional Galactica figures.
                              Not to mention it will probably be towards the end of the year at best before anything is even available in 1/6 scale, much less
                              attempting to resize them. Just trying to stay positive.
                              Last edited by GUYx1; Mar 20, '14, 12:39 PM.
                              Cheers,
                              Guyx1

Comment

• VulcansFury
                                Museum Patron
                                • Mar 6, 2014

Well, now we know why Universal isn't interested in licensing out classic BSG any more:

Universal is ramping up a movie version of the sci-fi franchise “Battlestar Galactica,” aiming to develop the film as a complete reimagining of the story. “Transcendence” writer Jack Paglen has signed on to write the screenplay. Paglen has also committed to Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” sequel for Fox that will start production this fall. Original series […]

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎