X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Star Trek

Nothing new concerning Star Trek at Comic Con, what gives?
  • actjac01
    Veteran Member
    • May 17, 2009

The onlhy thing I'm aware of are "Mirror Kirk" & "Mirror Spock". Both are being displayed at SDCC.
    "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

DST will release the enterprise-B ship,i'm happy about that,but no other remego news save for "mirror.mirror"

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

Star Trek

Originally posted by powersthatbe
        DST will release the enterprise-B ship,i'm happy about that,but no other remego news save for "mirror.mirror"
        I was really hoping to see some new product. I am not so excited about Borg and Picard, although I will buy them. Mirror Kirk and Spock are ok, but I would hate for the line to end with these two characters, why not go out with a bigger blaze ... Plus, bring on the gals.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Still need a Pike to complete my retro ST line.
          Only available here is this one:

Aaaargh....
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I was wondering, instead of combining the two Mirror Mirror figures together (and dropping the female figures), how about selling Kirk with Vina, and Spock with Chapel?
            So one hero figure (sure seller) with one female figure (harder sell).
            And this way, you get two sets of figures instead of one, and the ladies get a fighting chance.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

I was looking at the back of the Klingon neck the other day (he's one of my son's pirates now). It says 2007. I can't believe it's been that long. And that head is perfect.

Looking back, in my opinion, it's the best ReMego line whether we ever see any more or not.
              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• torgospizza
                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                I was wondering, instead of combining the two Mirror Mirror figures together (and dropping the female figures), how about selling Kirk with Vina, and Spock with Chapel?
                And this way, you get two sets of figures instead of one, and the ladies get a fighting chance.
                That's good thinking. I like that idea a lot and would buy both sets.

Originally posted by MegoScott
                Looking back, in my opinion, it's the best ReMego line whether we ever see any more or not.
                I'm with you. Between Trek and PotA, EMCE will always have my gratitude. I couldn't imagine how they could be done better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

My thoughts exactly!

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

I was looking at the back of the Klingon neck the other day (he's one of my son's pirates now). It says 2007. I can't believe it's been that long. And that head is perfect.

Repro yes, those were the greatest reproductions. Best remego? I'm holding the next Uni Monsters wave to high expectations!

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Totally agree! The addition of China made(not Custom)Checkov & Sulu to the Mego line was a dream come true! Not to mention Khan, the Gorn, Repro's of the Andorian and Romulan. It doesn't get any better than that!
                      sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by Tothiro
                        Repro yes, those were the greatest reproductions. Best remego? I'm holding the next Uni Monsters wave to high expectations!
                        It's a fair point, but I'd give Trek the nod because it's more Mego in design and execution. Universal Monsters are so well done they are in a class by themselves.
                        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

So the Pike that everyone gnashed their teeth about is selling for TWICE what it retailed for?
                          I guess that means that, even with the imperfect size of the head, people still want it.

The future of Star Trek retro cloth is in the hands of Diamond Select Toys as it has been since
                          they first agreed to do these in 2006. I want to make more, but it's their money on the table,
                          not mine, so they get to call the shots.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
                            So the Pike that everyone gnashed their teeth about is selling for TWICE what it retailed for?
                            I guess that means that, even with the imperfect size of the head, people still want it.
                            Honestly, I'd only buy it to complete my set, and never at this price.
                            I don't think he'll ever sell at this price...
                            Now at the $11 mentioned above, I'd take it.
                            I love most of the EMCE Treks (very grateful for Sulu, Chekov, Salt Vampire, etc), but the Gorn and Pike are just for completion's sake.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I passed on Pike at half price thanks to that gigantic painted melon. Got the Salt Vampire instead.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎