Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DCSTING
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 23, 2004

My three year old will be thrilled. I sold all my carded Apes so he would stop bugging me to open them.

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Actually I haven't looked either, I just assumed they were since the other store had the link. Could be they are jumping the gun.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

They look Great. However why sew up the Ape Soldiers sleves over his hands ? I don't follow the Ape line, & have recently been told that thats how mego made them, but in this day & age of action figures, shouldn't he be able to hold his rifle that he comes with ?
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

After all these years the eyebrows on the apes still bug me. Not going to stop me from getting a set mind you. But it still looks odd.

[Edit]

I just wanted to clarify. I'm not complaining that the new ones have eyebrows. I just always found it odd Mego gave them eyebrows in the first place.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 21, '08, 6:16 PM.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

My fellow brother and sister collectors, we have entered a new GOLDEN era of action figures. This is freakin' fantastic!!!! We have Mego Trek figures out right now; Apes coming this summer; and Captain Action sometime this spring. Life is GOOD!!! What could be next? Is it truly impossible to see the World's Greatest Heroes return? If this line continues to be successful, I think ANYTHING is possible. Wow...

Comment

• kingcarm
              That Ape Guy
              • Sep 7, 2001

Originally posted by Action Martin
              Pre-orders for the EMCE Planet of the Apes figures have started! EMCE's Planet of the Apes And they did go with the Soldier Ape.

http://scott.monkeylord.net/pics/EMCEApes.jpg
              Check out a close-up of the soldier ape gloves.....they're Fugly.
              Carm

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the gloves. I would prefer the "cuffed" look myself but I understand the idea behind being retro.
                Scott

Comment

• kingcarm
                  That Ape Guy
                  • Sep 7, 2001

Originally posted by Action Martin
                  Yeah, I'm not too keen on the gloves. I would prefer the "cuffed" look myself but I understand the idea behind being retro.
                  I understand that too but why couldn't the gloves have the "stripes" like the tunic does?
                  Carm

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by kingcarm
                    but why couldn't the gloves have the "stripes" like the tunic does?
                    I just noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe these are prototypes.
                    Scott

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      They look Great. However why sew up the Ape Soldiers sleves over his hands ? I don't follow the Ape line, & have recently been told that thats how mego made them, but in this day & age of action figures, shouldn't he be able to hold his rifle that he comes with ?

I also HATE the Gloved version! But Hey...nothing a pair of Scissors won't fix, and some Fabric Glue! But I sure hope they have Hairy Hand's underneath those Gloves!??
                      sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by mego73
                        I didn't believe they were really happening until I saw the prototype pics. Yeah-hooo!!
                        The soldier looks to me like an original swapped on to a Doc body, and the Cornelius looks all original to me. The gloves look like handmade repros. I'm sure Doc will correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with the other poster on the mitts. Cuff the sleeves for a better look and save a little on production costs. One of the great advantages to a Doc body is that the hands can actually grip, why negate that with mitts?

Comment

• mars396
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Sep 14, 2007

I am FINALLY going to have my army of type-2 Soldier Apes….

I hope f.y.e. keeps stocking them ! ! ! !

Who would have ever foreseen that 2008 would be the Year of Mego ?

Comment

• txteach
                            Banned
                            • Jun 17, 2005

No offense to anyone but these are NOT megos. I have heard these repos referred to as megos a few times now. I, like everyone else here like what I see but megos are what got me going at 7 years old. I have fond memories of megos and playing with them. With nothing new coming out by EMCE I do not have the same feelings I had about megos with these figures. They are copies of a figure. If we somehow see something new maybe it will capture the excitement I had with mego.

Comment

• raider5gt
                              Museum Tree Cutter
                              • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
                              Actually I haven't looked either, I just assumed they were since the other store had the link. Could be they are jumping the gun.
                              Didnt see them in this months Preveiws,maybe next month?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• megoat
                                A Therefore Experience
                                • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by txteach
                                No offense to anyone but these are NOT megos. I have heard these repos referred to as megos a few times now.
                                No offense, but they are not "repos" either.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎