Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

I think their workload depends more on Diamond Selects schedule and wishes. I dont know if they had any plans to do Apes until the first Trek wave sold so well, and created quite a bit of buzz among the non-Mego crowds. My local hobby and comic shops report that kids and teens bought more of the figures than old fart collectors.
    Trek is doing great, and now we will have Apes too....If Apes sell as well as Trek, we may see more (and I believe the good Doctor is working on more lines as we speak).
    I also believe the Trek line will be continuing on alongside the Apes line, so those guys will be working harder than ever ---If your ever hiring Paul.....!!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by apes3978
      I know many people want the TREK stuff to carry on and on (and understandably so), but they seem to not want APES reissued... Either they just want EMCE to focus on TREK, or they just plain don't like APES.

Oh...I want the Apes TOO! I just want more Star Trek FIRST! Or...both at the same time if I can get Them!

It's just that, there's so much Trek that can still be done...Checkov & Sulu for one! Mego never got around to Them. And how about a TV Series accurate Gorn Captain??
      sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Last I heard from Diamond was that the Apes were more likely to be late 2008.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I believe the Doc also mentioned working with James Brady on a Night of the Living Dead series.
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

I would love nothing more than to tell you guys everything we are working on for
            2008, but it is up to Diamond Select Toys to make the announcements, not me.

I am glad to hear that non-collectors are buying Trek figures. The kids are really
            I wanted to make these figures for, so they can dig megos like we did - and do.

As for EMCE Toys - we are two guys in New York with elves in China. New
            regulations are being introduced there which will impact on our production
            calendar, but it shouldn't prevent us from making toys, just stretch out the
            release dates. With luck, I expect to get into a good flow of product over
            the next 16 months.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Playsets would be fantastic!!

Luckily we live in a new Golden Age of Mego, and Scott's DIDA stuff is (hopefully) coming soon to meet this request!

Comment

• Troy
                All Around Nice Guy
                • Jun 17, 2001

I just picked up the Andorian yesterday.....man, what a great job!!

I really wish DC and Marvel would get on the wagon

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Captain
                  Playsets would be fantastic!!

Luckily we live in a new Golden Age of Mego, and Scott's DIDA stuff is (hopefully) coming soon to meet this request!
                  Amen to that!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• megozilla13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 10, 2002

Why is the question or comments related to the question........ "Are new figure line extensions planned or strictly just reissues of existing figures" always avoided or ignored.
                    WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• rikitikitavi
                      Museum Mongoose
                      • Aug 15, 2003

Good, question. Let's see if it's avoided again. Frankly, I bet nobody knows.

Comment

• Captain
                        Fighting the good fight!
                        • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by megozilla13
                        Why is the question or comments related to the question........ "Are new figure line extensions planned or strictly just reissues of existing figures" always avoided or ignored.
                        I dont think the matter has been avoided or ignored . Doc said it was pretty much in Diamonds hands. Ultimately they are his customer and he doesnt want to tick them off by stealing their thunder. It's frustrating, but understandable. We have to wait for the Diamond folks to make the announcements. I'm sure it's probably just as frustrating for Doc to have all of us asking him the same question over and over (I know...I'm the worst offender!) without being able to spill the beans.

Comment

• The Sentry
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 3, 2007

I don't give a good Gorramn which ones come out, I'm plainning on getting them ALL! You can NEVER have enough apes!
                          sigpic
                          http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                          [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

I think we get spoiled because we find things out earlier than with mainstream stuff. For example they just announced the Mister Fantastic and Torch Sig Series a week or two ago. Those have been in the works probably before the last FF movie came out but we didn't know so it won't seem so long in between the announcement and delivery. With the EMCE stuff we know much earlier what's coming. They haven't even decided on which figures so they obviously haven't started on the actual designs, and we already know they're coming in 2008. It's not that EMCE takes longer they just let us in on info earlier than the big guys do. It's nice to be kept updated and in the loop. Makes us feel important. Thanks Doc.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• monque
                              • Sep 1, 2007

Apes

I want all variants of the soldier apes to be available.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 10, 2007

I plan on getting all the EMCE toys.
                                I just hope they can pull it all off with enough interest and support.
                                They seem to be off to a good start.
                                I love my Kirk and Klingon and I can't wait for the Spoke, Andorian, McCoy, and Romulan.
                                The POTA line will be a kick butt line too.
                                Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎