Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I got my two today. Both with fists and molded ring, which I'm glad. Definitely the better look. Unfortunately one of them had some smulch on the white of his uniform. Not enough to send back, but another example of Mattel's sloppy quality control marring an otherwise nice figure. The other figure was pretty pristine. I kept it back for my son's b-day. That's right, I'm a good Daddy. But it's hard sometimes...

Did anyone else get a $5 off coupon for DCUC figures? Pretty nice bonus?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• megalomaniac001
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

I got my Kyle. Moulded ring, but he has paint missing on his hair and a paint rub on his mask. (I think I'll just fix him) All and all, I love the Green Lantern figures. I only wish they had done John in his modern look!

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

Got mine today and the ring is molded.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Got mine today, the painted ring version. I really liked the GL line. Would have loved a Kilowog.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Got mine, molded ring with fist version. If anyone who received the painted/open hand version wants to sell theirs, let me know. I'd like to have both versions but ordering another from Matty in hopes of getting the painted ring version would likely be a 50/50 proposition at best.

Comment

• jetzjungle
              Museum Patron
              • Jul 25, 2011

Holy Retro Goodness!

Got my order...all open hand versions in my shipment! Kyle is awesome! Really happy with this figure! There is no way these babys are OVER! I hope all of the gang gets in on this one! He is ultra cool! I'm gonna place an order for more right now and hope to get the fist version too!

Comment

• Brad
                Batman Fanatic
                • Aug 20, 2010

Got mine today. One is the fist version. Didn't open the other one.
                "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• Bones
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 4, 2009

Originally posted by jetzjungle
                  Got my order...all open hand versions in my shipment! Kyle is awesome! Really happy with this figure! There is no way these babys are OVER! I hope all of the gang gets in on this one! He is ultra cool! I'm gonna place an order for more right now and hope to get the fist version too!
                  You really need to try and show some enthusiasm here.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Just a word on that $5 DCUC coupon that came with Kyle. Tried to use it today at K-Mart on a Batman Legacy figure (the K-Mart Golden Age Batman with Bat-Mite) and the register rejected it. The coupon says it's for 6" DC Universe figures. The Batman Legacy figures actually say DC Universe up top. The cashier called the CSM over, and he said it was for the Classics only. I went ahead and bought the figure thinking maybe he was right.

I then went to the Wal-mart in town, and found a DCUC Samurai. I figured if I could get him for $11, why not? So I took it to the counter, and got the same thing! The Wal-Mart cashier looked at the package and the coupon and said "This is the right kind of toy, right?" I answered yes, and pointed out that Toyman (who is pictured on the coupon) was actually back in the toy dept. too. She just took $5 off my total, but the coupon never worked.

So Mattel may have screwed up the coupons even. Man, for everything the do right, the do about 10 wrong. I'd understand it if they were an upstart company, but they are frickin' Mattel. They practically invented modern toys as we know it.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

I'm really amazed how several members here have received Kyle and, to my knowledge, not one pic has been shown or one thread made to show him off...completely unlike the past history other Mattel retros.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

^^ there are a few pics earlier in the thread showing the different ring hands, but other than that, not much for show and tell on Kyle.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by jacoblb
                          I'm really amazed how several members here have received Kyle and, to my knowledge, not one pic has been shown or one thread made to show him off...completely unlike the past history other Mattel retros.
                          Pages 8 & 9 of this theaad have photos of him carded and showing the different ring hands.

Comment

• raider5gt
                            Museum Tree Cutter
                            • Nov 25, 2007

Had an email saying mines been shipped,don't mind which version i get,i wished they would of carried on the GL line,a Tomar-Re figure would of been cool.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Mine arrived and looks great. Mattel ended the Retro line on a high note. I just have to switch bodies and place it in a retro box and we can call it day. Save the line, end the line....whatever. The great thing about the Mego format is we can make our own figures.
                              Last edited by Chris; Sep 25, '11, 9:25 AM.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Audiorij
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Nov 6, 2009

I have you all beat, I ordered one Kyle and got both an open right hand and a fist right hand...only one ring though;

My wants

Good Traders

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎