The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Action Ghostbusters Janine and Samhain 2 pack.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

if anyone is looking for a set?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

It is a great set for the price.
      Sad to see them go only at clearance. I suppose the cloth retro thing is just not as appealing as I would like it to be.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

My TRU had them on clearence for $19.99. The other single figures were $14.99 but they only had Ray and Peter left.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Saroyan
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 4, 2011

Doh! I paid full price for mine back in the fall!!

Comment

• GoldBlade6
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 30, 2007

So did I, but someone's got to pay full price if you ever want this stuff to be deemed successful. I'll bet, due to the performance of this 2-pack, we won't be seeing another. Had more people bought it at it's normal retail price, we might be getting more. Now? Let the vultures feed.

Comment

• spacecaps
              Second Mouse
              • Aug 24, 2011

My Toys R Us is still at $30. They overshot the value of these figures by plenty. That's what they should have been priced at in the first place and I'd consider that a bit high too. They couldn't have seriously thought people were going to rush out to drop $60 on these guys. The figures just aren't that good qualitywise either. Sam Hain can't stand on his own if my life depended on it. The other thing with this line was that there was nothing to look forward to. There were the 4 Ghostbusters and a year later this two pack comes out. They could have done a whole wave of ghosts from the cartoon and that would have been awesome. Think of how cool it would have been if The Boggieman, Blackie, The Devil, Murray The Mantis, Drool The Dog Faced Goblin, Grundle, Ghostmaster, and Tempus came out. Then they could have gone right into the Extreme Ghostbusters, Louis, Dana and Walter Peck (all of them appeared in the cartoon too.) Instead this line kind of overpriced itself and died on the vine.
              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                Museum Super Collector
                • Dec 30, 2007

Ok, well, if you're looking for Mego-like figures, the Boogieman, Murray The Mantis, Drool The Dog Faced Goblin, etc. wouldn't really be possible as they don't utilize a standard Mego body. You're dreaming of an RGB action figure line - not a retro, 8" line. Maybe Drool could be a pack-in or something, but he's not exactly what I would call an incentive or strong selling point.

Where this line went wrong was not taking advantage of the bodies and the concept of the series. Each of the 4 Ghostbusters should have been released alongside one of the monsters from the old Kenner line (e.g. Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Hunchback, Zombie, Werewolf, etc.). That way, we would have gotten some enemies for the busters to fight and some nostalgia points. Also, it would have been nice if they had gotten to the Extreme Ghostbusters. I really would have like that. Egon, Kylie, Roland and Eduardo should have been pretty easy to do and then they could have dipped into some of the Extreme Ghostbusters enemies for pairings. Monsters / ghosts should sell pretty well I would imagine because they could be used in collector's other displays if they're good and generic enough.

But, in the end, if Mattel refuses to make a RADC Robin to sell as a Mattycollector.com exclusive, what chance did more GB really have?

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

There were plenty at the TRU I stopped at. It was tempting to pick one up but opted for the Emce Mummy instead.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• yard_sales_2011
                    • Feb 3, 2011

Janine will be excellent for a custom, but my Samhain has 2 left hands

Comment

• bjack99
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2008

Originally posted by spacecaps
                      My Toys R Us is still at $30. They overshot the value of these figures by plenty. That's what they should have been priced at in the first place and I'd consider that a bit high too. They couldn't have seriously thought people were going to rush out to drop $60 on these guys. The figures just aren't that good qualitywise either. Sam Hain can't stand on his own if my life depended on it. The other thing with this line was that there was nothing to look forward to. There were the 4 Ghostbusters and a year later this two pack comes out. They could have done a whole wave of ghosts from the cartoon and that would have been awesome. Think of how cool it would have been if The Boggieman, Blackie, The Devil, Murray The Mantis, Drool The Dog Faced Goblin, Grundle, Ghostmaster, and Tempus came out. Then they could have gone right into the Extreme Ghostbusters, Louis, Dana and Walter Peck (all of them appeared in the cartoon too.) Instead this line kind of overpriced itself and died on the vine.
                      They were marked $30.00 at mine as well but rang up at $20.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎