The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Action Ghostbusters Janine and Samhain 2 pack.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Retro Action Ghostbusters Janine and Samhain 2 pack.

I thought this should have it's own thread to discuss the 2 pack away from the bad news of DC Retro-Action ending. This is good news for GB fans and I'm really looking forward to the 2 pack.

There's also a lot of custom potential with the set and the RA female body is actually very nice.

Anyone seen any clear pics of the set from the show floor yet?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • GoldBlade6
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 30, 2007

What I want to know is why Janine's jumpsuit is orange. I can't find any reference images of it ever being that color. In the show, she wore Peter's jumpsuit and in figure form she's appeared in both pink and purple. So, where did the orange come from?

I've got no complaints about Samhain. I hope Slimer's eyes are painted. It would have been nice if he had come with some kind of floating stand. I also wonder what the depth will be on the firehouse diorama.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I think Janine should where the outfit shown on the back of the cards. The shirt + skirt would make a great citizen outfit for customs.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by GoldBlade6
        What I want to know is why Janine's jumpsuit is orange.
        Real Ghostbusters episode Janine's Genie. Her suit is orange.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Looking forward to adding this to my other figures. I always liked this line.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Orange flightsuit with blue collar.

Janine ghostbusters image by VulcanJediConsular on Photobucket

Comment

• GoldBlade6
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Real Ghostbusters episode Janine's Genie. Her suit is orange.
              Well, will ya look at that! I just YouTubed the episode. I still don't prefer that look, but at least Mattel had a reason for it.

Thanks for posting that, Werewolf!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by GoldBlade6

Thanks for posting that, Werewolf!
                No prob. I'm really excited for this set. I've always liked Janine as a Buster and the suit is actually pretty spot on to the toon.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

I'm really happy for the fans of this linen (at least they get a couple more figures and Slimer) but kinda sad too. Mainly because you guys and gals get teased with one, just one of the bad guys. That poor pumpkin head is going to be getting his seeds handed to him alot!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                    • Aug 14, 2007

I'm sincerely happy for the Ghostbusters fans. I love the movie, but I don't think I ever saw the cartoon, so I have no special affection for it.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

I dig the set and see it as a proper sendaway for the RA in the Ghostbuster world.
                      Tho I have not purchased the GB figs, I just might. Matter of fact, if I had seen jims thread early enough, I would have been on that.

So - good on the 80s kids for getting something that is not Masters or Joe.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

I don't collect the Ghostbusters line, but I'm likely snagging this for the customizing possibilities.
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Show floor pic of the 2 pack. Slimer does have painted eyes.

Ghostbusters - SDCC 2011

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I'll get a couple for customizing. I hope its less than $40.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megocrazy
                              Museum Trouble Maker
                              • Feb 18, 2007

Anyone notice the lower right corner? The box becomes the firehouse. I wonder if it's the whole thing as pictured or a BAF type thing. That would be cool. Put a piece in a 2 pack make several 2of them and then sell an accessory pack to go with it.
                              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎