X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Any Retro-Action Questions for Mattel?

I'll be submitting a new Q&A to Mattel in the next couple of days, so you have until Sunday to give me questions. Please if your only intention is to come in here and bash the fact Mattel often gives BS answers, don't respond. I am simply posting this up as a courtesy to those who may actually have some solid questions they would like to ask. Virtually no other site gives Retro-Action any coverage in their Q&As, so I am doing this because I think the fanbase deserves to have it's voice heard.

Couple of quick notes for the questions, for those that don't know how this game works...

1. Try to be creative in your question. If you're interested in a particular character, you can't just ask "Will you guys make Solomon Grundy?"... You have to phrase it to be less specific and leave it more open ended. Otherwise you'll be smacked down with a "we can't discuss upcoming character selection" answer.

2. Feel free to ask questions on QC, MattyCollector shipping issues, etc, but try not to be rude. The more constructive criticism you give, the better the results typically are.

3. Mattel will not give intimate internal details, such as sales numbers, etc, but you can ask questions about how the line is doing and if it's meeting expectations etc. Likewise you can ask about different selections, potential new avenues of sales, just note that you will never get an answer as to crucial internal numbers.

If nobody has any questions, that's fine too. I just thought I would dedicate a few questions to Retro-Action, as I have in the past, and decided to see if anyone here had any. If a bunch of good questions are submitted, I may dedicate the entire Q&A to it. Thanks all.
  • bizzaro megomauler
    WANTED for card bending
    • Apr 26, 2008

with the obvious success of the Green Lantern movie tie ins, can we expect other retro action figures to be released to tie in with other DC blockbusters?

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

Question

Are the sales of RA figues robust and will Mattycollector continue to offer exclusives?

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Why is their such poor distribution, that people cant find them in stores and have to purchase them online?

Will their be any new figures for "Ghostbusters" or has the line been canceled?
        Last edited by alex; May 27, '11, 3:44 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

What's the deal sith Toys R Us? Are they still carrying the figures? Or is online the only way to go now?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

How can you possibly think it's acceptable for your distributors to mail a $20 adult-collector item with fragile packaging in a cheap BUBBLE MAILER, and when will this be addressed for good?

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Will Meijers carry the RA line in the future? If not, are there any plans to expand distribution to walk-in stores or is online purchasing to remain the primary exchange for goods?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

With the success of Darkseid, does this mean you are open to including for characters who would be considered a larger body type, meaning they'd look too small on a regular body?
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

Will we continue to see the pairing of good guy, bad guy in each wave?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Any chance Matell will ever use the Retro Action line to bring back other lines such as Big Jim's P.A.C.K. or Pulsar?

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Can we expect any new lines in the 8" format?

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

What is the possibility of "build - a - figure" parts and accessories being offered for customizing or alter egos such as Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne?

Comment

• jemboy2004
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2005

Will there be more Supergals and villians?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Will the line remain predominantly 70's characters or will we see more and more modern characters with a retro look?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Are there licensing issues around the Hanna Barbara characters we saw in Super Freinds which would prevent ever seeing them?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎